Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 454 times)

Offline Avisheh

Motivation
« on: December 21, 2020, 04:21:10 am »
I was so eager yesterday because I made the decision that today would be the day that I went out and bought makeup for a few first attempts. But... of course the store isn't open right now it seems, it'll only open at 1 PM. So I thought, no biggie. I'll just spend my time checking out a few more tutorials so that I'm extra prepared, if there is such a thing ^.^ But there is so much information that I have to absorb that it seems impossible to ever comprehend it all, even though I know rationally that such thought is nonsense. So that determination of last night is now just... I don't know, powerlessness perhaps.

What do you do when your motivation just melts away during the start of a day and everything seems like an insurmountable obstacle? Do I brave through regardless or just let it go for today?

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 05:55:57 am »
Oh don't loose heart... Makeup like any art-form is a bit of a skill... some people are naturally talented and take it to levels that really are just pure art...
Most of us, however, do not have such talent.. and we just practice and work on it until we get something that works for us, that we can probably repeat over and over...
So, if I was you, I would consider your first make-up as the same as your first box of watercolours or something.. Know you are going to make a mess at first.. but have fun doing it.. Pick one thing you like the look of and try doing that.. an eye shade, or a lipstick... you can easily take it all off again and start over...

Eventually you will find a style you like that you can do for everyday and a few tricks that will spruce it up for the more glam times... but... importantly.. don't stress it, have fun....
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 07:51:59 am »
What do you do when your motivation just melts away during the start of a day and everything seems like an insurmountable obstacle? Do I brave through regardless or just let it go for today?

Personally I push through the doubt and force myself to do it.  It is the only way to make forward progress.  When I allow myself to not do something, it generally does not become easier later to do it, it is actually harder.  By allowing myself an "out" it becomes easier the next time to take the "out."  When I push myself to overcome what appears like an "insurmountable obstacle," I am more likely to overcome it again in the future.  Most of us are already pretty good at taking the outs, but overcoming those obstacles? 

Offline Avisheh

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 09:10:44 am »
I headed the advice of you both and went ahead, trying to just have fun with it. And it worked. Though getting it off again easily to try something else was a bit of a challenge but still, glad I went through with it anyway.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 12:47:06 pm »
I headed the advice of you both and went ahead, trying to just have fun with it. And it worked. Though getting it off again easily to try something else was a bit of a challenge but still, glad I went through with it anyway.

Well done hun! You got this! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 01:10:14 pm »

Congratulations!  I remember making myself a complete mess the first few times- but I had a ton of fun doing it!  It'll get easier as you gain experience, and you can see firsthand what works for you and what doesn't- as well as how to remove it!!

Hugs!!
Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 08:18:34 am »
Nice! 

With trying out things and makeup removal.......  I can handle trying on foundation, removing it, and trying on a different shade, but with anything on my eyes I can try something and then remove it, but that is it, like my eye skin is so sensitive it is a once per day only thing for me, lol.

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 09:26:24 am »

Fantastic, I hope you had fun...Trust me, it get's to be a chore... :laugh:

As for removal, a good, branded make-up wipe and some Micellar water with a cotton pad for they eyes.. works wonders in my experience.. If all else fails, just use a face-wash and rinse in the sink.
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 11:37:40 am »
Nice! 

With trying out things and makeup removal.......  I can handle trying on foundation, removing it, and trying on a different shade, but with anything on my eyes I can try something and then remove it, but that is it, like my eye skin is so sensitive it is a once per day only thing for me, lol.

My eyes are sensitive too... If I'm at the end of my day I'll use a standard make-up removing wipe and then wash my face.  It won't matter because I'm just going to sleep anyway.  But if I'm in the middle of the day, or I don't like the look and still plan on going out- I have a bottle of remover designed for sensitive areas (Clinique's "Take the Day Off" remover).  It doesn't irritate as much and I can reapply makeup without issues.

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Tags: