Author Topic: Toni's amazing confused journey  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Toni1

• Friend
Re: Toni's amazing confused journey
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2021, 07:37:06 pm »
Thanks Randi.

Just another thought...
I make lunch/dinner each day and bring it to my wife at work so we can eat together in the car. Today it occurred to me that we get our strength from each other. As opposed to the gossip coworker at a time I wasn't there and my wife felt awkward. The other day as I was leaving and she was working with a different coworker she called out "bye girlfriend" and I blew her a kiss. We both laughed with the coworker looking amazed. We both are certainly individually strong and confident but when together our strength and confidence multiply.
Toni

Offline Toni1

• Friend
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2021, 12:47:49 pm »
Just a funny thought I had. I just bought a pair of heels, the first pair at 2.6". My wife has never really worn heels as she was a little shy at being taller than me even in bare feet. Now with heels I am the taller one. I was remembering the saying of "who wears the pants in the house" meaning who's the man, who's in charge. I guess I'm the one who wears the heels in the house.

Offline Toni1

• Friend
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2021, 11:23:06 pm »
Had a fun day out with my wife  today. We had some business in the "city" I say "city" because it's really nothing more than a medium sized town. No Costco or much else but there is a Sam's Club. Anyway I was as usual dressed nicely in a cute short dress. We have a full sized pick up truck so we stopped for some cheap gas to fill up. Pulling into the gas islands I pulled up behind another pickup like ours and in the other lane another pick up both with guys getting gas. My wife noticed that and jokingly said for me to be careful. When I was done filling up my wife was somewhat jealous. She said the guy in front of us was checking me out. She jokingly said that if he wanted me he could have me. I assured her as always my love was and is always for her. I told her maybe he was just impressed that this petite woman in a short dress hopped out of this big truck and filled it with gas.  But for me I was actually flattered. Here's this guy half my age and I'm turning his head. Again, even though we joked about it I really think she was a bit jealous.
Toni

Offline Toni1

• Friend
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2021, 05:27:35 pm »
Another Sunday time goes by so fast. Mentally I was in a funk this morning. Getting ready for church my thoughts were so self negative looking in the mirror feeling ugly feeling I was just looking odd. I almost just didn't go to church but I just pushed ahead. I was so surprised that as I walked in the door the woman who was greeting everyone  commented on how cute my dress was. After Mass as I walked out another woman was handing out bulletins and as she handed one to me she said "You look so lovely today".
Maybe the Lord was sending me a message. A feeling may just be a feeling and have nothing to do with reality.
Toni

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2021, 05:43:42 pm »
Another Sunday time goes by so fast. Mentally I was in a funk this morning. Getting ready for church my thoughts were so self negative looking in the mirror feeling ugly feeling I was just looking odd. I almost just didn't go to church but I just pushed ahead. I was so surprised that as I walked in the door the woman who was greeting everyone  commented on how cute my dress was. After Mass as I walked out another woman was handing out bulletins and as she handed one to me she said "You look so lovely today".
Maybe the Lord was sending me a message. A feeling may just be a feeling and have nothing to do with reality.
Toni

Feelings are very important.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2021, 07:48:55 pm »
@Toni1
Dear Toni: 
Thank you for sharing about your Sunday. 
I look at your report as good news ....  acceptance from your church members and the positive greetings that you received from some of the church ladies.  Be sure to count your blessings.

I attended church today with my tooth-fairy sweetie as we usually do every Sunday.  After church we had a light lunch out and then I came home to relax a little reading a few pages of a good book that I have been reading. 
Before I starting doing some much needed house chores, cleaning, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, etc.  I even took a short nap this afternoon.
As soon as the snow melts up in the hills I will be hiking the trails on the weekends.   Fortunately the gyms are open so I have been able to resume going to the gym for my weekly workout and exercise time with my Gym Gals group.

Oh, regarding your mirrors.... stay away from them....  mirrors and cameras are not necessarily a girl's best friend.
Be positive and think positive about yourself.   
Negativity begets more negativity and erodes your self-assurance and self-confidence.

Kudos to you for continuing to attend church.... you need to keep your soul fed.
Thank you for posting and sharing about your day today.
HUGS and best wishes to you as you continue in your journey.
Danielle

Toni
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Toni1

• Friend
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2021, 07:45:29 pm »
Hi Chrissy,
Oh yes feelings are certainly very important. My comments were that feelings can be influenced by our thoughts, our self talk and certainly by our hormones. So in my case my being in a funk the other morning influenced my thoughts and feelings such that I felt unattractive. The compliments from the ladies at church made me aware that those earlier feelings of unattractiveness were not congruent with reality. In that case my earlier feelings about myself were not accurate based on reality. They were simply stray off feelings.
Positive self talk and affirmations are  especially important to push through those difficult moments.
Thanks for checking in Chrissy,
Toni

Offline Toni1

• Friend
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2021, 08:14:11 pm »
Thanks Danielle,
What a wonderful Sunday afternoon you had. The weather here is changing and we no longer have snow. I can't wait for the trees to become green again. I guess I'm on a roll since last Sunday's compliments. Today I dropped off a car payment at the credit union and the teller commented on the cute sweater I was wearing. I just thought to myself "wow".

I have spent the last few years as a homemaker but now that our daughter is older I've applied for a couple of jobs. Tomorrow and Thursday I have my interviews. I've applied as Toni but for the background check etc  I use my pre transition name since I have not changed  that legally nor my gender marker. I don't see any problems but just looking forward to the funny moment when there's the realization of my transition.
That's about it.
Toni

Offline Toni1

• Friend
« Reply #68 on: Yesterday at 02:11:29 pm »
Well today I got a job at a shop. I'm a little nervous because I haven't worked outside of being homemaker and parent for awhile. The manager and I completed the paperwork etc and I start next Wednesday. For now just part time. Since my legal name and gender are not yet changed the paperwork was creating some dysphoria for me. I told the manager my legal name but told her everyone calls me Toni and that was fine. Then in the background check she had to input a gender. She looked at me asking what she should put and I told her legally  I'm classified male. The great thing was that when we were finished with the paperwork we went out of her office and she proceeded to introduce me to everyone saying: "Good news, this is Toni and she will be starting next week." So very cool.

Toni

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #69 on: Yesterday at 02:31:56 pm »
nice one dear, best of luck.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #70 on: Yesterday at 07:34:58 pm »
It's gonna take awhile to get through all the legalities for name and gender, for me anyway. I'm glad your manager was so supportive.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Tags: