Author Topic: I surrendered to Women's Jeans (Finally)  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Michaele

I surrendered to Women's Jeans (Finally)
« on: December 30, 2020, 08:51:45 pm »
I have been wearing women's shorts for years while cycling, and have not had a lot of hair on my legs since high school.
The last couple of months as my body has changed in the lower end, my men's jeans rub in the thigh area, so I took a chance and bought some women's jeans just to try.  They felt pretty good and soft and comfortable.  I thought why can't men's jeans be like this? 
Its interesting that when I would wear my short riding shorts around town, to department stores, with my feminine legs tanned and shaved well, I would get more looks from women, than men.  I often wondered what they thought when they saw me.  But anyhow its women's pants most of the time now.  I sometimes think I'm a cross dreamer more than anything else. 
Has anyone else had the same issues with jeans? 
Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 10:48:24 pm by Michaele »

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
Re: I surrendered to Women's Jeans (Finally)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 09:08:08 pm »
Michaele-

I found the fit much better- from the way they hug your hips to the flexibility in styles, I love my women's jeans.  Skinny jeans accentuate my calves, but my new fave is a pair of flared boot-cut jeans that have the curves in ALL the right places!

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Michaele

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 09:12:39 pm »
Yes to all, I was a little  :embarrassed: at first, but so many jeans that are men's look like women's that I figure I would not get pointed out.  I still like the long pockets in the front though of the men's lol. 
Thank you for you input  :)

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 10:45:14 pm »
I've been wearing only women's jeans for at least 3 years now. I love the stretch and that they aren't harsh. Pockets are a downside. I always use a purse or a fanny pack now.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Michaele

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 11:03:48 pm »
I struggled for a long time with this...oh yea my wallet does not fit in my rear pocket anymore either especially when I sit down on a chair.. :laugh:

Offline Susan R

• Transgender Female
  • The Real Me!
    • Susan R's Introduction
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 11:24:40 pm »
I enjoy woman’s jeans so much more than men’s. I grew up wearing only Levi 501 button crotch jeans. I loved the way they used to fit me. Shortly after starting starting HRT, I gave away all my men’s clothes except for my favorite pair of 501s that were broken in really well. After several months though, I tried them on one last time and they felt horrible. They were baggy in all the wrong places and too wide on the waist. They went to goodwill the very next day.

Susan R🌷
Sept. 25, 2018:       Began HRT
May 19, 2019:         Out to All/Full time
June 12, 2019:        Name/Gender Marker on all ID's/Legal Docs completed
July 2, 2020:           GRS & BA Consult - Dr. Stiller
January 5, 2021:     GRS [Stage 1 “Vaginoplasty”]
January 15, 2021:    BA Surgery
June 18, 2021:        GRS [Stage 2 “Depth Added”] procedure
           *CANCELED DUE TO COVID*
Sept. 7, 2021:         GRS [Stage 2 “Depth Added”] procedure
           *CANCELED DUE TO COVID*
Sept. 16, 2021:       Electrolysis Consult
Some Future Date:  GRS [Stage 2 “Depth Added”] procedure

Offline Michaele

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 11:49:24 pm »
Thanks Susan for the input, I am currently wear Angels Curvy Boot Cut, size 12, there a little loose around the waist, but I don't like them real tight so I am happy with these :)  I could probably wear a size 10

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 01:30:35 am »
Yes, I switched over as well.  At first I thought they didn't fit because I dropped my waistline to 25 inches.  It finally dawned on me that my waistline was above my belly button, not below.  That is why I had to wear a belt to keep them from sliding off.  :o

But, I'm non binary in that I'll wear anything that fits well. It is just that it is so much easier to find clothes that fit in the women's departments.  I'm keeping my 501s as long as they fit.  ;D

I bought two pairs of pants in the winter VS clearance sale.  The boyfriend cut is exactly what I wanted.  Thick fabric for winter and will be easily hemmed to fit me just right.  Short pockets as expected.  The other pair is interesting.  Very thin soft fabric for lounging around.  More difficult to hem but I have a coverstitch machine for that.

Marion
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 12:22:27 pm by Maid Marion »

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 02:37:59 am »
Where I can I wear tight woman’s jeans, but where I cannot I have found the next best thing. Jeans from jeff banks (uk) they fit really well, if fact I do not know how men can wear them lol

Jessica xx

Offline Michaele

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 10:24:19 am »
Thank you all for the kinds words and input.  Before I purchased my Angels jeans, I bought some 501's thinking they would fit, I use to wear the all the time, but..lol they did not fit, which I was surprised cause a lot of women wear them.  But everyone is different and how they grow, which is what makes us all special and worthy.  ;)
Thanks again :)

Offline DianaPrince

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 02:18:08 pm »
I’ve been wearing only women’s jeans for a couple of years now. I shop carefully and have found a couple of brands with longer front pockets. My men’s jeans are rough and gross.

Offline Michaele

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 02:47:53 pm »
Now that you mention it, I do have one pair with longer pockets in the front, thank you for reminding me.. :)  But my wallet still does not fit in the back when I sit down, or driving too  lol

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 03:09:13 pm »
Time to start shopping for a bag or purse!

Boyfriend cuts are designed to look like male clothes but are cut for a feminine figure.   Though sometimes there is a lot of artistic license and they just look cute if you have the right figure to wear them.

Marion

Offline Michaele

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2020, 03:34:59 pm »
Thank you Maid Marion for the excellent advice, I don't know if I'm quite there at that point yet, lol but I do have a fanny pack that I wear, its just hard to get use to the change, since I've carried my wallet in my back pocket for well all my life.  I do carry it in my coat pocket or down in my sock, lol which is ok,  but you are correct. :)
Thank you

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2020, 08:07:14 pm »
I stopped wearing men's jeans years ago. They didn't really fit my hips and butt. I don't really have the right curves for womens jeans, but they fit better than men's jeans. The last couple of pairs of men's jeans, while loose in the waist, split the entire rear seam in one shot. I love the stretchy, softer denim but miss the pockets.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 08:14:53 pm »
When I wear jeans, it is now always women’s jeans.
Not sure why I still keep one old pair of guy jeans, probably because a woman “liked the view.”

Guess I am the sentimental softy type.  Silly woman, I am.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 08:21:58 pm »
I keep some men's jeans for yard work, which tends to trash them -- so the thick rough fabric is appropriate. Ha, I was going to say "they deserve the abuse" but that would be rude to the clothes.
Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 08:27:05 pm »
I keep some men's jeans for yard work, which tends to trash them -- so the thick rough fabric is appropriate. Ha, I was going to say "they deserve the abuse" but that would be rude to the clothes.

That makes a lot of sense for yard work and dirty work.  Might as well use them if they are handy.

If you go to some “farm stores” you can find thicker women’s jeans for working in the fields, barns, and gardens.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Michaele

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2020, 10:06:43 pm »
Thank you all for the kind words and input, I actually would buy women's pants, then return them, buy them and return them, I guess I was feeling guilty, and thus finally decided to go full bore. This went on for 1 year or so, and but as my bottom and legs started to become more feminine, I decided to wear the women's.  I still have a mens pair for just the same reason, to do oil changes, and outside dirty work, etc.  :)

Thanks and Happy New Year to all :)

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 01:34:40 am »
Time to start shopping for a bag or purse!

This is the next step...pockets that just aren't practical!

Tags: