General Discussions > Television

Which classic tv show gives you comfort re-watching old episodes of it?

(1/5) > >>

sarahc:
I'll start...it's Frasier for me.

The interesting thing about Frasier is that the key themes of the show are the classics of storytelling: family dynamics, the quest for love, the monotony of everyday life and the search for something better. And for that reason, the show still feels very fresh and funny, much more than other shows from the 1990s.

Add to that a fantastic cast and great producers, and it really remains timeless. If I ever need to fill a half hour, it always gives me pleasure watching old episodes, especially from the first few seasons.

Sarah

Northern Star Girl:
@sarahc
Dear Sarah:

Anything older Science Fiction,
any variety of Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, V, Farscape, Firefly,

Danielle

Devlyn:
I'm a product of the '60's, so F Troop, Hogan's Heroes, Green Acres, Gilligan's Island...

Avisheh:
Oddly enough, Oz. Very melodramatic and silly at times but I remember it coming by on the television years when I was younger. I videotaped it, but only a season in the middle which I rewatched a couple of times. I didn't even discover the other 5 seasons until about 10 years later.

SarahEL:

--- Quote from: Northern Star Girl on January 01, 2021, 11:24:53 am ---@sarahc
Dear Sarah:

Anything older Science Fiction,
any variety of Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, V, Farscape, Firefly,

Danielle

--- End quote ---

I am a bit of a sci-fi nut too... but being British... i would have to list Blake's 7.. Dr Who (old ones, esp. Pertwee) and Space 1999..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version