Community Conversation > Non-binary talk

Non-binary / gender fluid as a compromise?

<< < (3/3)

Rakel:
I with held my transition for over 50 years because of my obligations to my wife and children. Many of us sacrifice ourselves for the sake of our families. After my children were grown and on their own and my wife found affection elsewhere, there was nothing holding me back.

I took a long look at myself and I just decided what was right for me. The rest is history.

Lady Grey:
From what I understand gender fluid is not a compromise.  It is a deep essential identity. You either are gender fluid or you're not.  If you want a "complete transition" then you are not gender fluid and will never be satisfied settling with anything less.

Maid Marion:
I've been "different" for so  long I don't seem to have any need to fit in one of the two gender boxes.
I'd rather find a partner that accepts me the way I am than to go through the time and effort of hormones and surgeries.

Marion

MzAlexis:

--- Quote from: Maid Marion on April 17, 2021, 12:48:05 am ---I've been "different" for so  long I don't seem to have any need to fit in one of the two gender boxes.
I'd rather find a partner that accepts me the way I am than to go through the time and effort of hormones and surgeries.

Marion

--- End quote ---

Very Well Put!
I've known since a child that I was different, but it took many years until I realized that being genderfluid / non-binary is where I fall (and to be honest even when I came to that realization you never heard either of those terms... there wasn't nearly the awareness that there is now).  And while I've taken hormones off an on, and thought about doing some surgery (still do, but the truth is I likely won't because desire to do so does vary) I don't feel the need to fit into any box...  So you are right about just finding a partner who accepts you for who you are, it shouldn't matter.

Just as an aside that sort of goes along with exactly that I have a profile on a dating site that I have posted pictures of my feminine side (I live as a man) and in my profile one of the things that I put was that the real significance of my feminine picture is that it shouldn't have any.... If the image is more significant than the content of character and who you as a being then it's obviously not going to work.

Maid Marion:
I can look at myself in the mirror and think that I'm doing pretty well for my age.
My breasts are about the right size.  Big enough to fill out the juniors tops and VS bras that I buy.
I do a lot of squatting exercises so I have the hips to match for a reasonably attractive hourglass figure.

Marion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version