Author Topic: Eye color  (Read 181 times)

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
Eye color
« on: January 12, 2021, 07:47:36 pm »
I'm not sure where to ask this, but since this happened buying makeup, I'll ask here. I went out today as Anna to find a eye shadow palette since I mostly have single color eye shadow. I told the sales lady that I wanted mostly neutral pallets with one or two colors that pop. So she was showing me several different ones and suddenly said "This would be perfect for your green eyes!". What?? My eyes are blue. "They look green to me." We went to the register and the sales lady asked the woman there what color my eyes were. She also said green. I looked in the mirror. Green. I said there must be something about the light so the sales lady took me outside,looked, and said "still green". A look in the mirror confirmed it. My eyes are now green. I bought the pallet, kinda shocked, surprised? And headed home. On the way home, Anna stepped aside and I became male again.

I get home, go into the bathroom to try out this makeup with my now green eyes, and they're blue. There's a green undertone, but my eyes are blue, like always. I'm not sure what to make of this. My eyes have always shifted colors, but always tones of blue and it takes weeks, usually.

I'm going to bring it up to my Dr at my next checkup, but that's 6 months or so away. Is there any real reason to make an appointment sooner? I know it sounds crazy, and if I can get good pics, I will. I'm sure its just a harmless oddity, but I don't want to find out it's a sign of alien brain infestation or sonething.

Offline RandyL

• On the way
Re: Eye color
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 11:07:00 pm »
Blue = Boy, Green = Girl. Makes perfect sense to me! Hmm, can you go back there as a male and see what color your eyes are? You can bring your own mirror so you don't have to out yourself. Interesting question.
Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 11:13:50 pm »
Anna-

Do you have any "brown/gold" areas of your iris?  You might actually have Hazel eyes.... sometimes mine look green, sometimes blue, sometimes gray.  All depending upon how weirdly the light is reflecting at the time.  With the different pigments in a Hazel eye the light really can play havoc with what color you see compared to an eye with a single pigment.

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Evienne

• Do you mind? This is my personal text >.>
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 09:26:41 pm »
That's really interesting. If you could actually genetically change your color upon will, I'd be very interested to hear more about it sometime :o
Though it does seem likely that it could have been a lighting illusion. Factors like what type of lights the store had or surrounding objects that were reflecting the light can make us see things differently (remember the blue vs gold dress)? Either way, interesting story.

Do you have any "brown/gold" areas of your iris?  You might actually have Hazel eyes.... sometimes mine look green, sometimes blue, sometimes gray.  All depending upon how weirdly the light is reflecting at the time.

This makes sense too except... isn't hazel brown/goldish or green? Mine (being hazel) have never had a blueish look, though if you say yours have perhaps. I'd rather just say it's magic :D
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus abide to the binding of this message to have been abided.

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Friend
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:56:43 pm »
My eyes change from blue to grey to green to hazel to brown..  sometimes one eye is different to the other.

I have weird genetics.. and so have always blamed it on that.. but really, I can have piercing blue eyes one day, and dark brown the next.. the only thing is, I have no conscious control over it...
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 11:10:37 pm »
This makes sense too except... isn't hazel brown/goldish or green? Mine (being hazel) have never had a blueish look, though if you say yours have perhaps. I'd rather just say it's magic :D

I can use a little magic!!! :D I was told Hazel was not brown/gold OR green..... it was BOTH!!!  My brown/gold is right around the pupil, and my green isn't very bright green....  so in the right light it does come off as a shade of blue. :icon_cool:

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 02:22:51 pm »
Expansion or contraction of the iris can lead to minute changes in eye color.

This can occur when a person:

focuses the eyes
    spends time either in very dark or brightly lit areas
    experiences strong emotions

I can imagine that being in the store as your feminize self could be exciting, causing your iris to open, changing its color.  Since outside, it was green, check with a mirror outside about the same time of day.  Or, many things being relative, are you wearing the same color of top as both male and female?  You can have something that looks brown next to once color and grey next to another (if it has both tones).

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 11:34:46 pm »
My eyes change from blue to grey to green to hazel to brown..  sometimes one eye is different to the other.

I have weird genetics.. and so have always blamed it on that.. but really, I can have piercing blue eyes one day, and dark brown the next.. the only thing is, I have no conscious control over it...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with eyes that noticeably change. I have noticed it in the past, but I have always brushed it off as weird reflections, optics or something. This was the first time someone else has noticed the green and said something. As far as "b" for boy and blue and "g" for girl and green, thats very interesting. I am becoming more open with my feminine self in the last few months, not necessarily through dressing, just not masculinizing every move I make so maybe this change in mental state is affecting my eye color. It would be nice to wake up in the morning, look at what color my eyes are, and dress accordingly!

I tried to take some pics of my eyes, but my eyes always looked faded compared to the mirror. Maybe blue, maybe green. The camera seems to have some challenges at close range, lol. I did notice that there are flecks of hazel around the edge of the pupil and along the peripheral of the iris, so maybe this is contributing more to the color than I realized.

I have spent more time in the last 48 hours looking at my eyes than I have in the last 40 years! They are actually pretty. Not just my eyes, eyes in general. I have seen close ups of eyes, but it never really occurred to me to really look at mine. There is a lot more color and structure there than first meets the eye.

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Friend
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 05:39:14 am »
I am not sure of the mechanism.. but it is more than just light or reflections... Talking to my ex-partner about this they told me that 'you have always had blue eyes' and went on saying it was a feature they liked.. my daughter sitting next to her, corrected her and said 'No, she has always had brown eyes'.... when they both then looked, at that time, my eyes were green..  and they both looked shocked...
On a skype video call to my boyfriend, he notices a lot them changing, and one night even commented that I had one blue and one brown... looking in the mirror, I confirmed this myself..
So.. it is possible.. they do change and it is not just me that is noticing it...
There doesn't seem to be any consistency in it.. my hormones are regulated (all of them) and so no fluctuations there.. it is independent of what colours or clothes I am wearing.. so, yeah, I dunno.. only that it is a thing....
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Tags: