Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 566 times)

Offline PidgeTPN

• When life gives you lemons, grab the booze.
  • I go by Pidge!
I'm back!
« on: January 15, 2021, 07:45:38 pm »
I have a bad habit of forgetting this place exists. xD A lot has changed since I posted last! My last post was about being pregnant, and since then I have a healthy two and a half year old child and that also marks me two and a half years post-hysterectomy! I know they're not usually done at the same time for health and safety reasons, but mine was necessary. I'm fine with that, it means I don't have to fight for it later!

I'm also five months post-top surgery! I'll show pics if there's enough interest in seeing the results. I got my surgery done by Dr. Scott Mosser in San Francisco and stayed the week after surgery in a hotel right down the street from his offices so I didn't have to travel back to my hometown freshly recovering.

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 08:14:37 pm »
Congratulations on everything.  It all is positive.  Welcome back and share whatever other details you want.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 05:22:34 am »
Welcome back, Pidge.

Pictures ? Why, yes indeed. Please post all you wish.

Congratulations in your top surgery. Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 05:52:19 am »
Hi!

Welcome back Pidge!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline PidgeTPN

• I go by Pidge!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 02:23:42 am »
February 6th marks 6 months post-surgery! I now have a "favorite" nipple since one almost rejected and looks kinda weird to myself and others.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 05:01:46 am »
Dear Pidge,

All in all, your chest looks very good, especially since you are only 6 months post op. The incisions will fade over time, sometimes longer than we would like. My tummy tuck incisions took almost two years to fade to the point where they are hardly noticeable.

If the uneven nipple bothers you, have you talked to your doctor about a revision ?

Many of us have revisions. I have had a few revisions to my FFS and my surgeon was very understanding. He did the revision at a reduced cost to myself, only charging me for anesthesia and surgical suite time.

It is definitely recommended that any revisions be done after complete healing to allow for the blood circulation to be reestablished to the area involved.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline PidgeTPN

• I go by Pidge!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 09:25:12 pm »
I'm honestly not too worried about it, and my insurance also doesn't cover revisions. Especially since the surgeon and I had to fight to even get my insurance to approve him. He wasn't within my coverage. I know cis guys don't have perfectly matching nipples, so it's just something I need to learn to accept. I'm just happy I was able to finally get top surgery at all, considering I've been trying for ten years (and lots of different things got in the way).

And I'm not to worried about my scarring, either. I know they'll take time to fade and that's totally fine. It took my first hysterectomy scar a few years to completely fade and my second one is only two years old but has faded quite a bit. :3

Offline Sinclair

• Pretty in Pink
  • Friend
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 11:02:31 pm »
I'm honestly not too worried about it, and my insurance also doesn't cover revisions. Especially since the surgeon and I had to fight to even get my insurance to approve him. He wasn't within my coverage. I know cis guys don't have perfectly matching nipples, so it's just something I need to learn to accept. I'm just happy I was able to finally get top surgery at all, considering I've been trying for ten years (and lots of different things got in the way).

And I'm not to worried about my scarring, either. I know they'll take time to fade and that's totally fine. It took my first hysterectomy scar a few years to completely fade and my second one is only two years old but has faded quite a bit. :3

Best wishes and a big salute for being so brave and strong in your journey!  :icon_2gun:

Offline PidgeTPN

• I go by Pidge!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 06:08:36 pm »
Thank you!

I just hit six months post-surgery yesterday and tomorrow I have a virtual follow-up appointment.

Tags: