Author Topic: Howdy!  (Read 231 times)

Offline JennyhTexas

• Visitor
Howdy!
« on: January 15, 2021, 08:34:37 pm »
Howdy everyone!

My name is Jennifer or Jenny or Jen. Lol my wife calls me all of them. My wife and I have been married for just over 12 years and have 2 young children. My wife has known part of my truth for pretty much our whole relationship as she new me as a crossdresser, this is we’re she started calling me by the name of Jenny as that is who I was when dressed. In the past year I had taken my “crossdressing” to more public lengths as I started keeping my nails polished all the time, started wearing full makeup, and wearing a little more obvious feminine clothing in public. My wife and my family thought that this was just to deal with stress and cover up rosacea on my face. While that was part of it it was not the whole truth. In the last month or so the stress from work and all of 2020 just grew too much. I knew I had to tell her but I could not bring myself to say it. On this past Monday I was off work and my wife could tell I was bothered by something but I wouldn’t say. Finally that night she cornered me while I was taking a shower and pleaded with me to tell her what was wrong. It took a few moments and I asked her to promise me not to look at me any different and she did. So in a shaking voice I finally said it aloud “I am transgender.” Her reaction was one of love and support. She told me she still loved me and was happy that I finally told her. We discussed how I knew and how I always questioned it when I was young. She asked if I had a plan and I told her no real plan but would like help and would like to speak to someone about it as this is the first time I have told anyone. We talked a lot over the next few days about it and we both agree that I will look for a therapist and look to start HRT and see where that takes us. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and feel so much happier. I now hope to find more people in this community to talk with and share experiences and struggles. I’m so excited to be here and be with all of you.

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 09:00:51 pm »
Welcome to Susan's Place Jennifer! Although I live in Colorado now, I was born in Texas. It sounds like you're off to a great start, having a supportive spouse is a tremendous help in getting through this. How far you want to take it is up to you, and some people reach plateaus where they decide to stay for a while before continuing on down the road. No one here will judge you, and many of us have similar stories. Feel free to look around and ask questions. You can relax, you are among friends.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 11:37:29 pm »
Hello Jennifer, and welcome to the community! 

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 12:30:07 am »
@JennyhTexas
Dear Jennifer
    Please be aware that I am not trying to sidetrack your thread about an important subject to you but no doubt that you have seen other brand new members here get Official Welcome messages when they make their first posting.

FIRST THINGS FIRST, I wish to Officially Welcome you and give you important rules and information about the Susan's Place Forums.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 02:33:04 am »
Hi Jenny,

Welcome!  It is good to hear that you are talking about this with your wife.

Marion

Offline Margrit

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 04:27:38 am »
Hi

Welcome to the Forums.

Best wishes
Margrit
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 05:06:04 am »
Hi!

Welcome a Jennifer!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: