Author Topic: Are these E and T level results good?  (Read 426 times)

Offline heather3791

• Neighbor
Are these E and T level results good?
« on: January 16, 2021, 11:47:09 am »
Hi everyone. I just received my test results for E and T levels. I am scheduled to discuss with my doctor later next week. If I’m understanding it correctly it looks like I’m on the right track. What do you guys think?

Here’s my deal:

Levels before starting HRT: T = 351 and E = 13

Levels now after 48 days on low dose of Estrogen only and no T blockers: T = 57 and E = 35

Does this look good to you guys? My hope is that I may get lucky and not have to go on any T blockers. Especially if I increase Estrogen dosage to the next level.

Thanks for any feedback y’all.

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
Re: Are these E and T level results good?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 12:48:56 pm »
Hello again Heather

As you may know I have a Comparison of E&T Blood Test results here on HRT Board last updated December 29th and for most Members their first reading after starting HRT happens after 3 months.

Your results are after 48 days. Clearly your T has been reduced substantially which is wonderful and your E is showing the first positive signs. Whether your next BT is in March or April, by that time you should hopefully see more progress with your E level and emotional and/or physical benefit.

Wishing you further happiness and success.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline ramilove

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 03:01:49 pm »
Any side effects? I would be on the watch for brain fog or unexplained leg bruising which might be an indication of too high a dose. 
Electrolysis 3/4/2020
Estradiol 3/10/2020

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 09:39:58 pm »
Heather,

Once again, I have to remind everyone that if you are posting your blood levels, What units are you using ?

Estradiol can be expressed in pg/ml or pmol/L. There is about a 4 to 1 difference between them.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 08:41:07 am »
Hi, Heather.

My own feeling, and make of this what you will, is that any levels can be excellent levels if they help you meet your goals.

Do you seek feminization? Maybe one set of levels is optimal. To feel best emotionally? Maybe that requires different levels. Emotional stability? Perhaps still another.

Remember, too, that endocrine systems are personal and individual. Even if you and I share the same goal, our optimal levels may differ.

Compounding matters are that blood tests aren't perfect and absolute. Levels change during the day, the week, time since your last shot. I've been returned such screwy results sometimes that my endo has just told me to go redo them.

So (and obvious as this is, but it always bears restating) this is exactly the right time for partnership and collaboration with your endo. This stuff is a moving target. You gotta monitor yourself because you're down there in the trenches every day. Are you doing well? Are things working for you? What does endo think at your periodic check-ins?

There's my suggestion.

Good luck, and always listen to @Rakel.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 09:46:43 pm by Battle Goddess »
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline heather3791

• Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 11:31:34 am »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

@pamelatransuk. Yes I know that the 3 month mark is typical for testing and I fully intend on testing again then. I requested an earlier test just to see if my levels were heading in the right direction without taking any blocker. And although it’s still very early the results are definitely positive. I’ll be sure to post an update at the 3 month mark just to compare.

@Ramilove. Nope no fog and no known side affects. Again, I am on a typical low starting dose.

@Rakel. The units listed and used are in fact pg/ml

@Battle Goddess. Thank you. I am looking forward to my Endo’s feedback later this week and will definitely communicate with her routinely.

@Everyone. Obviously it’s still very early,but I’m cautiously optimistic that I may be able to continue HRT without taking a blocker. Time will tell so fingers crossed that things will work out over the long term. Thanks again to all of you for your feedback, guidance and support!!

Offline heather3791

• Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 11:49:45 am »
Here’s what the test show guys>

Pre HRT Levels:

Estradiol
NAME   VALUE   REFERENCE RANGE   LAB
F   Estradiol   12.9   7.6-42.6 (pg/mL)   MB

Testosterone, Serum
F   Testosterone, Serum   351   264-916 (ng/dL)   MB

HRT Levels after 48 days taking E only:

Estradiol
F   Estradiol   35.2   7.6-42.6 (pg/mL)   MB

Testosterone, Serum
F   Testosterone, Serum   57  L   264-916 (ng/dL)   MB

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 07:18:58 pm »
HRT Levels after 48 days taking E only:

Estradiol
F   Estradiol   35.2   7.6-42.6 (pg/mL)   MB

Testosterone, Serum
F   Testosterone, Serum   57  L   264-916 (ng/dL)   MB

Heather,

I think that you need to have a talk with your doctor about your Estradiol levels. Depending on you personal goals, your Estradiol is just fine for an adult male.

However, if transition is your goal, I suggest that somewhere between 100 and 200 pg/ml as a trough (low point) would be more appropriate. 48 days is enough time to reach steady state blood levels.

Your Testosterone level is looking good for now. It may drop some more in the future. I would give it a little more time before adding any T blockers, unless you are having any hair loss at the temples, then I would ask your doctor to consider Finasteride.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline heather3791

• Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 10:05:25 am »
Heather,

I think that you need to have a talk with your doctor about your Estradiol levels. Depending on you personal goals, your Estradiol is just fine for an adult male.

However, if transition is your goal, I suggest that somewhere between 100 and 200 pg/ml as a trough (low point) would be more appropriate. 48 days is enough time to reach steady state blood levels.

Your Testosterone level is looking good for now. It may drop some more in the future. I would give it a little more time before adding any T blockers, unless you are having any hair loss at the temples, then I would ask your doctor to consider Finasteride.

Thanks Rakel. Yes, I agree that an increase in E dosage will most likely be necessary and holding off on a T-blocker is a definite for now. I meet with my doctor tomorrow and will report back on what she says for anyone interested. Thanks again to all of you!

Offline ramilove

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 11:38:25 am »
Looks good to me but I know nothing, literally and figuratively
Estradiol mono therapy, sublingual, three month rampup, dose at 12 hour intervals
Pre HRT E2 26.9 pg/mL, T240 ng/dL
6 months, trough reading 12 hours after last dose, E2 35 pg/Ml, T 77 ng/dL

Electrolysis 3/4/2020
Estradiol 3/10/2020

Offline heather3791

• Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 08:27:23 am »
I discussed my results with my doctor yesterday. She is pleased with results after only 50 days on E only. She said that my T went way down and that I was definitely one of the lucky ones with possibly not having to take any blockers to achieve a female range. She did say that my E levels need to come up and was concerned that my T could get lower and that I could start to feel bad if my E levels didn’t increase. She wants me to increase my Estrogen dosage just a bit and then retest in 3 months. So I am taking her recommendation and increasing my dose slightly. Hopefully everything will head in the right direction!

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 11:37:26 am »
Imo that sounds very sensible. The first few months are about testing and fine-tuning as you and your endo figure out what your body needs and how it responds.

Endo and I didn't really settle in on regular levels until about six months, and I still kept pushing and questioning for some time after that because I can't resist picking and prodding at anything. 

Sounds like you're on the right track.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Tags: