Author Topic: Conservative legislators want transgender kids' lives as the new battlefield...  (Read 435 times)

Offline Laura1951

Conservative legislators want transgender kids' lives as the new battlefield in their culture war

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/conservative-legislators-want-transgender-kids-lives-new-battlefield-their-culture-ncna1254483

NBC News (opinion) by Chase Strangio on January 17, 2021

We are not yet three weeks into 2021, President-elect Joe Biden has yet to be inaugurated and already powerful forces on the right have made clear what will be the next front in their so-called culture war — which is to say, their effort to maintain political power by demonizing the bodies, private lives and personal decisions of Americans they’ve deemed unworthy of such autonomy.

This time, they’ve chosen transgender youth as their target, seeking to capitalize on insidious stereotypes about trans people, preposterous pseudoscience and a divisive cadre of supposed women’s rights campaigners who believe the only way to achieve gender equality is to oppress other people.
“When you’re ready, start living your truth. That’s when the magic happens.”

One New Life to Live (My personal blog)  |  My BA Journey   |  Laura's HRT Journal 

Full Time since 11/27/20  |  Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Offline KateR

• Kate
This may come off harsh.  If it does I apologize.

I don’t this as a conservative or liberal issue.

I see it as a transphobe trying to assert superiority over others.

Especially after the last couple of months, I see transphobia, racism, misogyny, sexism, and blatant attempts at supremacy because people are different from each other and this person can’t accept it.

I tend to be conservative on fiscal issues, but I’m definitely not conservative when it comes to human rights.  It’s me. It’s what I think is important.

I’ve come to believe that every time we label something as conservative or liberal we broad-brush it and inhibit the actual conversation that needs to happen.

Again, sorry if this comment comes off harsh.  These are just the thoughts that hit me when I read the title.
Kate

Offline AnneK

I'm a 67 year old AMAB who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
Things may soon be changing in the U.S., now that Trump's gone.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/america-votes/biden-picks-transgender-woman-as-assistant-health-secretary-1.5272611

Yeah I'm not cool with making picks for important government positions because of color or sexual orientation, etc. The most qualified people should have the job, especially right now in the middle of a pandemic.

Tags: