Author Topic: Thomasina's HRT Journey  (Read 197 times)

Offline Thomasina

Thomasina's HRT Journey
« on: January 18, 2021, 12:58:54 pm »
In Nov I tried the herbal route and continued until the beginning of Jan. After tasting the effects of even e-lite as some refer to it, I knew I was home and needed to do it safely and monitored. My mind went to places I had long lost and I felt better than after any run I have ever done. The nice part is I didn't have to work so hard :-). Learning that my runs may suffer was a difficult but worthwhile trade. The start of HRT for me was key to get in alignment with mind and body. False faces kill me inside and I could no longer ignore the internal pull with life getting shorter by the day.

1/15/2021
Took finasteride and decided on injection to avoid liver and patches would be an issue for me running. Felt a little flushed 30-60min after injection and waves of feelings with both my body and mind. This could all be psychological but felt real. For 2 days I had a random mild headache out of the norm and my temperature regulation is more out of whack. Have a weird tingling down below that comes and goes after 3 days, difficult to describe. Had something similar years back after too much sexual activity. 

Measurements as of 1/15.
--Weight 163, Height 5' 7-1/2", Waist 33-1/2", Hip 36-1/2", Thigh 22", Calf 16-1/2", band 36-1/2", bust 37-1/2"

Included leg measurements as I have been running hard for 2+ years and all muscle in legs so wanted to measure the change. In fact I catch a hard time frequently when someone sees my calves, not an easy fit for boots and would be nice for a decrease.
Will keep updating as we go for a log and thanks for reading.

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
Re: Thomasina's HRT Journey
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 01:47:43 pm »
Congratulations Thomasina on starting HRT on January 15th. It is a wonderful rollercoaster of a journey and I wish you every happiness and success.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 02:12:05 pm »
@Thomasina

I am so very excited for you that you have taken the "big step" of starting your HRT regimen. 
You have quite a journey ahead for yourself.

You might wish to go to the following LINK to discover what might be your experiences as you
continue on in your journey:

MTF timeline for Hormone Replacement Therapy
     https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251312.0.html

Also, if you have not already done so, you may wish to read the many posted threads on the

"Hormone replacement therapy" sub-forum
     https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,42.0.html

I will be eagerly following your updates as you feel comfortable posting them.

HUGS and best wishes to you in your journey.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Thomasina

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 07:40:57 pm »
Thank you for the resources and wishes. I never liked roller-coasters so I decided to turn my life into one :), at least I can control this one a little.
Hugs received and reciprocated

And a tear falls

Tags: