Author Topic: Rachel Levine- Secretary of Health  (Read 390 times)

Offline Rachel

• Family
Rachel Levine- Secretary of Health
« on: January 19, 2021, 06:21:51 pm »
Rachel is awesome. She taught a meditation class I took and spoke twice where I work. I also talked to her several times post Pride marches in Philly at Penn's Landing. Such an awesome choice. She is a MD and ran the trans clinic at Pittsburgh. The was chosen for Secretary of Health or PA. He life has be full of achievement and hardship. She discussed he journey and hardships. I love her !
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 05:36:42 am by Rakel »
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Rachel Levine- Secretary of Health
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 07:40:00 pm »
Some media reports say Assistant Secretary of Health, which is still an important and influential position. Happy to see this.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 05:37:23 am by Rakel »

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 10:56:47 pm »
My family is beside themselves, outraged that such a person would be appointed to an important office."  My older sister described the nomination as “sheer insanity”.  That’s my family.  That’s who I have to hope would still care about me if I came out.  :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 05:37:38 am by Rakel »

Offline VchPlz

• Let the hate flow through you
  • Friend
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 02:53:12 am »
I saw Rachel Levin'e's speech to the press, and here's a snippet from the transcript:

"I feel that I must personally respond to the multiple incidents of LGBT Q harassment and specifically transphobia directed at me that have been reported in the press. I would first like to sincerely thank Governor Wolf for his continued support and for his comments last week. The LGBT Q Community has made so much progress under Governor Wolf and his leadership during his time in office, but I want to emphasize that while these individuals may think that they are only expressing their displeasure with me, they are in fact hurting the thousands of LGBT Q Pennsylvanians who suffered directly from these current demonstrations of harassment. Your actions perpetuate the spirit of intolerance and discrimination against LGBT Q individuals and specifically transgender individuals."

What multiple incidents in the press is this person talking about?  I didn't see anything bad the press said about them?  Anyone have any links to share?

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Veteran, US Army

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 06:22:50 am »
If I remember right I saw some reporter call on her using the wrong pronoun, and she did say something back to him, in a nice and corrective way.  I think that was during some COVID related media session during 2020.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline VchPlz

• Let the hate flow through you
  • Friend
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 09:01:04 am »
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Rachel+levine+LGBTQ+
That was extremely helpful Devlyn.  Thanks for all that you do!

If I remember right I saw some reporter call on her using the wrong pronoun, and she did say something back to him, in a nice and corrective way.  I think that was during some COVID related media session during 2020.

Chrissy

Yes, this is 1 incident and I'm quite positive it was an accident and indeed Marty Griffin apologized.  It honestly was no big deal.  I'm still just looking for the "multiple instances" of "harassment" that this person is claiming took place and coming up empty so I'd thought I'd ask here, because again, to quote Rachel Levine:

"but I want to emphasize that while these individuals may think that they are only expressing their displeasure with me, they are in fact hurting the thousands of LGBT Q Pennsylvanians who suffered directly from these current demonstrations of harassment. Your actions perpetuate the spirit of intolerance and discrimination against LGBT Q individuals and specifically transgender individuals."

These are pretty strong condemnations, wouldn't we all agree?  I'd simply like to understand what the actions were, intolerance was, and the discrimination was that was leveled at this individual.

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 09:09:47 am »
http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Rachel+levine+LGBTQ+
That was extremely helpful Devlyn.  Thanks for all that you do!

Chrissy

Yes, this is 1 incident and I'm quite positive it was an accident and indeed Marty Griffin apologized.  It honestly was no big deal.  I'm still just looking for the "multiple instances" of "harassment" that this person is claiming took place and coming up empty so I'd thought I'd ask here, because again, to quote Rachel Levine:

"but I want to emphasize that while these individuals may think that they are only expressing their displeasure with me, they are in fact hurting the thousands of LGBT Q Pennsylvanians who suffered directly from these current demonstrations of harassment. Your actions perpetuate the spirit of intolerance and discrimination against LGBT Q individuals and specifically transgender individuals."

These are pretty strong condemnations, wouldn't we all agree?  I'd simply like to understand what the actions were, intolerance was, and the discrimination was that was leveled at this individual.

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

I'm not having any issues finding repeated instances of harassment leveled at Ms Levine, but I'm not going to do your homework for you. If you're interested in the subject, "let your fingers do the walking" as the old commercials used to say.
Veteran, US Army

Tags: