Author Topic: Biden to reverse transgender military ban imminently, White House says  (Read 269 times)

Offline Laura1951

Biden to reverse transgender military ban imminently, White House says

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/biden-reverse-transgender-military-ban-imminently-white-house-says-n1254988

NBC News by Jo Yurcaba on January 21, 2021

President Joe Biden will soon reverse the ban on transgender people serving openly in the military, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement Wednesday.

While the reversal was not one of the 15 actions the new administration announced it would take Wednesday, Day One of the Biden presidency, Psaki said it would be among the “additional executive actions” that will be taken “in the coming days and weeks.”
One New Life to Live (My personal blog)

Laura's HRT Journal     |     Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Offline SailorMooo

Re: Biden to reverse transgender military ban imminently, White House says
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 12:40:06 pm »
Biden to reverse transgender military ban imminently, White House says

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/biden-reverse-transgender-military-ban-imminently-white-house-says-n1254988

NBC News by Jo Yurcaba on January 21, 2021

President Joe Biden will soon reverse the ban on transgender people serving openly in the military, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement Wednesday.

While the reversal was not one of the 15 actions the new administration announced it would take Wednesday, Day One of the Biden presidency, Psaki said it would be among the “additional executive actions” that will be taken “in the coming days and weeks.”

OH MY GOSH, and so quickly! Biden is making power moves for the entire community, even I have a chance to enlist, that would be awesome! Thank you so so much for the post btw!

SailorMooo ::)

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 05:40:03 pm »
You know there was never an actual ban under Trump. His executive order said that transgender people who need special accommodations can't get it in the military. The military is not a place to be on active duty while spending months and months recovering from surgery. So the Biden EO does essentially nothing.

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 05:41:51 pm »
OH MY GOSH, and so quickly! Biden is making power moves for the entire community, even I have a chance to enlist, that would be awesome! Thank you so so much for the post btw!

You could have enlisted and served when Trump was president as well. That's the problem with living in a society full of fake news and information created to inflame tensions and drives clicks to websites. The truth takes a back seat. Sad.

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 10:39:51 am »

You could have enlisted and served when Trump was president as well. That's the problem with living in a society full of fake news and information created to inflame tensions and drives clicks to websites. The truth takes a back seat. Sad.

Not entirely true, as far as I can tell. Most transgender people were allowed to serve, but applicants   
"With history of medical transition treatment" were "Presumptively disqualified" from service. More than happy to be corrected on that if I'm reading it wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_people_and_military_service

Veteran, US Army

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 03:23:45 pm »
Also, on second reading, I notice that some transgender people are still disqualified under the  Biden executive order.
Veteran, US Army

Tags: