News and Events > Education news

Biden executive order says schools should include transgender athletes ...

<< < (2/2)

RandiL:
I see this as a statement of direction and support, but without any actual effect. Basically using the "bully pulpit" of the presidency to lead. I agree that ultimately there needs to be legislation that makes this explicit. But I despair of ever seeing it pass as long as it takes 60 votes in the senate. I think state-level legislation has better chances, as we have in Colorado.

ramilove:
Transgender athletes must be allowed to compete. The current system based upon two genders, male/female is outdated and in need of neutering (latin: for neither sex). Times have changed and the athletic competition system needs to adapt by the adding an open class in which anybody regardless of sex or gender can compete.

Zumbagirl:

--- Quote from: ramilove on January 24, 2021, 11:16:19 am ---Transgender athletes must be allowed to compete. The current system based upon two genders, male/female is outdated and in need of neutering (latin: for neither sex). Times have changed and the athletic competition system needs to adapt by the adding an open class in which anybody regardless of sex or gender can compete.

--- End quote ---

I would get behind a 3rd class of athletic competition especially at the teenager age bracket. If we wanted a male/female/anything goes category then fine. Just remember that the boys will take home the trophies. But you can't remove the sex bracket. There are differences even if you refuse to acknowledge it that needs to keep males and females in different groups for sports. If we can't put actual real science behind it then we shouldn't be doing this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version