Author Topic: Public shopping while dressed  (Read 927 times)

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
Public shopping while dressed
« on: January 21, 2021, 09:30:02 pm »
When shopping for ladieswear these days I prefer to be 100% fully dressed in feminine attire (plus accessories, shoes etc) but not so long ago I would always mix it a little between male/female.  When in the dept stores etc are you brave enough to go all-out femme, do you compromise or just prefer male clothing to keep it safe for those still in the closet?  I will also venture out to supermarkets fully dressed now, it just doesn't bother me like it used to.
~Declaring my love for all things Feminine at every opportunity~

~I’m just another transfemme making her way in the world, please be kind out there~

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Public shopping while dressed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 10:58:43 pm »
@JennyTG
Dear Jenny:
I applaud you for your self-assurance and self-confidence in venturing out and about fully dressed in feminine attire.

If it is in your transition and life plan to come out to all and to be full time then you have already acquired the confidence it will take to make that big step.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and posting....  certainly very inspiring to other members here who are still in the middle of transitioning or perhaps are thinking about starting.

HUGS and best wishes to you as you continue on in your journey.
Danielle

When shopping for ladieswear these days I prefer to be 100% fully dressed in feminine attire (plus accessories, shoes etc) but not so long ago I would always mix it a little between male/female.  When in the dept stores etc are you brave enough to go all-out femme, do you compromise or just prefer male clothing to keep it safe for those still in the closet?  I will also venture out to supermarkets fully dressed now, it just doesn't bother me like it used to.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:08:19 pm by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 12:27:57 am »
Hi Jenny

I know what you mean. About a year ago I went out for the first time totally en femme. After I calmed down a little, I found it to be easier and more comfortable to shop for womens clothes, make-uo etc en femme. I also found the sales ladies to be more helpful and the other women shopping were more relaxed around me to the point of offering some suggestions and once a compliment about my lipstick.

Lately, I have been running routine errands, grocery shopping and even went to the bank (not a real good idea FYI). I actually feel more confident and secure when out en femme to the point I am no longer consider myself en femme, but myself. My family's schedule has lined up the last few weeks to give me some unexpected time to be myself. Going to be a bummer come Monday when things are back to normal.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 03:38:54 am »
... I actually feel more confident and secure when out en femme to the point I am no longer consider myself en femme, but myself...

This says it all, ladies.

Anastasia,
Thank you for posting your comment.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 05:44:19 am by Rakel »

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2021, 10:50:34 am »

From day one I've always found a way to be dressed when shopping for ladieswear.   I do still look (quickly) if I'm not dressed, but I ensure I am for serious shopping.  It doesn't bother me one bit, and I've never thought of it being brave- just being me.

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 11:10:12 pm »
@JennyTG
Dear Jenny:
I applaud you for your self-assurance and self-confidence in venturing out and about fully dressed in feminine attire.

If it is in your transition and life plan to come out to all and to be full time then you have already acquired the confidence it will take to make that big step.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and posting....  certainly very inspiring to other members here who are still in the middle of transitioning or perhaps are thinking about starting.

HUGS and best wishes to you as you continue on in your journey.
Daniella

Thankyou Daniella you're very kind.  I was identifying more with crossdressers I guess as they're such a mixed bunch.  As I don't intend to pass but still dress etc it is more of a transfemme state of being.  When I look back it is amazing how far I have come down this road.

~I’m just another transfemme making her way in the world, please be kind out there~

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 11:22:25 pm »
Hi Jenny

I know what you mean. About a year ago I went out for the first time totally en femme. After I calmed down a little, I found it to be easier and more comfortable to shop for womens clothes, make-uo etc en femme. I also found the sales ladies to be more helpful and the other women shopping were more relaxed around me to the point of offering some suggestions and once a compliment about my lipstick.

Lately, I have been running routine errands, grocery shopping and even went to the bank (not a real good idea FYI). I actually feel more confident and secure when out en femme to the point I am no longer consider myself en femme, but myself. My family's schedule has lined up the last few weeks to give me some unexpected time to be myself. Going to be a bummer come Monday when things are back to normal.

I guess the more I make it routine the less duality I will feel.  I just wondered how others approach shopping in similar circs, it can be a huge hurdle.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 11:26:09 pm »
From day one I've always found a way to be dressed when shopping for ladieswear.   I do still look (quickly) if I'm not dressed, but I ensure I am for serious shopping.  It doesn't bother me one bit, and I've never thought of it being brave- just being me.

Hugs!

Caela

Thanks for sharing that Caela, good for you! :)

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 06:41:28 am »
When you are between presentations, shopping for yourself can be very intimidating..
The one thing I could never rationalise, was that as a male, I was absolutely fine shopping for clothes for my wife.. as presents and so on.. I have even bought feminine hygiene products, underwear and make-up... and never really thought twice about it..
However, when I was shopping for myself, even expressing as a male, the nerves always got too much for me.. and really, who but me knew the difference?
Since going full-time.. I have no problems at all and all those fears have been put to rest.. I think a lot of transition, including physical presentation is a case of 'damn the torpedo's' .. and just get on and do it..
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Pammie

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 08:04:34 am »

Hugs!

Caela
Good for you Cae, that’s all part of the journey! Xx
Ps love the term “serious shopping”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 08:58:14 am »
When you are between presentations, shopping for yourself can be very intimidating..
The one thing I could never rationalise, was that as a male, I was absolutely fine shopping for clothes for my wife.. as presents and so on.. I have even bought feminine hygiene products, underwear and make-up... and never really thought twice about it..
However, when I was shopping for myself, even expressing as a male, the nerves always got too much for me.. and really, who but me knew the difference?
Since going full-time.. I have no problems at all and all those fears have been put to rest.. I think a lot of transition, including physical presentation is a case of 'damn the torpedo's' .. and just get on and do it..
The nerve piece is like a sheer cliff.... Before I couldn't be the male in the women's department.  Even shopping for my wife.  Even shopping WITH my wife.  I don't think I could have gone out the first time without having been dressed.  I would never have realized how fun shopping really is.  It was such a complete revelation that I got over a lot of that anxiety immediately- and never really thought about it much after that.

Good for you Cae, that’s all part of the journey! Xx
Ps love the term “serious shopping”

Pammie- Seriously- It's like mounting a full-on assault on the mall sometimes! 

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2021, 10:06:05 am »
Yes, shopping in person at stores is fun!
I saw a pair of size 3 jeans in the discount racks at Kohl's and instantly knew they were the right size!
I didn't have to adjust the inseam like I normally do!

Marion

Offline Pammie

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2021, 01:21:05 pm »

Pammie- Seriously- It's like mounting a full-on assault on the mall sometimes! 

Hugs!!

Caela
I know just what you mean hun!

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 01:57:27 pm »
In the store, my only hurdle is my low voice. Usually, I do not talk so much while shopping. Nowadays, online shopping becomes more popular, especially during this pandemic period.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Pammie

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2021, 02:21:49 pm »
In the store, my only hurdle is my low voice. Usually, I do not talk so much while shopping. Nowadays, online shopping becomes more popular, especially during this pandemic period.

barbie~~
Barber, I honestly cannot imagine you with a low voice, you just look so magnificently feminine and statuesque - I guess it just shows we all have challenges!

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 06:34:28 pm »
Just picked up a couple of nice knitwear items for the coming winter and a couple of summer tops as it's still humid and ick here currently.  While there's no lockdown here for a little while may as well do some shopping.  Dressed in femme attire, accessories etc, quiet store, lovely saleslady whom I regularly visit, fitting room scenario...easy peasy mission.  Why did I ever have issues doing this kinda thing, silly me ::)  I love being transfemme...nothing more to add :)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 07:05:38 pm »
Just picked up a couple of nice knitwear items for the coming winter and a couple of summer tops as it's still humid and ick here currently.  While there's no lockdown here for a little while may as well do some shopping.  Dressed in femme attire, accessories etc, quiet store, lovely saleslady whom I regularly visit, fitting room scenario...easy peasy mission.  Why did I ever have issues doing this kinda thing, silly me ::)  I love being transfemme...nothing more to add :)

That sounds great!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 01:19:33 am »
That sounds great!

Chrissy

Yeah I was pretty happy after that sesh as you can tell.  When that saleslady leaves it could be a long while before I hit the public shopping again, she's that special.  I only trust her in the fitting rooms, she is honest and has a very critical eye!  I have to stop spending though Chrissy, so much temptation out there.  Feels like I'm winding down.

Tags: