Community Conversation > Gender Correction Surgery

GCS, Bluebond-Langner / Zhao, January 2021

<< < (20/20)

mm:
Thanks for the update. You seem to be healing nicely for the dilating to be going so smoothly for you.

sarahc:
26 WEEKS POST-DISCHARGE

In the past few weeks, I’ve gone down permanently to 2x dilations per day. The third dilation was just killing my daily work routine. And quite frankly I wasn’t losing any depth. In fact l, I’ve gained probably a quarter to half inch back and am consistently at around 6”. This 6” depth was confirmed by Bluebond-Langner at my check-in last week.

And speaking of the check-in, everything went very smoothly with my 6-month check-up. No granulation, things look great, I didn’t even bleed from the speculum. Bluebond and Zhao were happy. I’ve been directed to continue doing 2x per day, which I’m doing for the most part. But occasionally there is a day where I only get 1x in because I’m so busy and it seems fine. I’ll plan on doing 2x per day at least 6 days out of 7 for the next three months. After that, I can drop down to 1x per day.

All in all, this has been a very smooth recovery - I feel very fortunate.

I’ll plan on checking in at 9 months.

Sarah

Jane.Shannon:
Sounds like your recovery is going super well.  Have you been able to resume all your normal activities?  Are you able to sit comfortably for long durations (like at work)?

sarahc:
@Jane.Shannon

I would say I was back at full activities at 9 weeks post surgery and discomfort-free at 11 weeks. Around mid-April was when I was really back to myself.

Sarah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version