Author Topic: GCS, Bluebond-Langner / Zhao, January 2021  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
Re: GCS, Bluebond-Langner / Zhao, January 2021
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2021, 12:24:56 am »
Amazing news! It sounds like you're making wonderful progress. I hope all goes well in NY. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2021, 06:05:29 pm »
Had another difficult session with the orange dilator yesterday afternoon and so I didn't try it in the evening.

But this afternoon, I had a very easy time putting in the green, and so I thought it would be worth trying the orange again and for the first time it went in pretty smoothly. I "only" got to the last dot with the orange (whereas I'm getting almost to the front notch on the green). And the orange dilator still doesn't feel comfortable while it is in there, but I did keep it in there for eight minutes. The dilator did come out fairly smoothly. I feel a lot more relaxed knowing that at least I know the dilator can be inserted without too much discomfort. My mind is blown that I can do the orange dilator 6 weeks out of surgery - totally didn't expect that.

On a separate topic, the overactive bladder is gradually improving. On about half the nights, I am getting through the night only getting up once to go pee (which was the same as before the surgery). Some nights, however, it is 2-3 times a night. Also, I can go 3-4 hours during the day between peeing.

Tomorrow is my trip to New York for my 6-week follow-up appointment. Given my good recovery, I imagine everything will go pretty smoothly and I'll be in and out of there in 20 minutes.

And then once I get back, I look forward to doing my first running. At first it's going to be more walking than running, but hope to build up endurance over the coming weeks. Also, I need to do some arm exercises. Back in the fall, when I tried to play tennis, my arms were so weak and while my groundstrokes were ok, my serves were a complete zero...I have to fix that before I start playing tennis in mid-April.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2021, 11:26:11 am »
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 167 DOWN

(I will note that I missed one session on this past Sunday because my schedule just didn’t allow for four sessions that day. But I think 167 for 168 is pretty good  ;)...)

Yay! I’m through the first six weeks, so that means I now only need to do three dilations per day for the next six weeks. Still a pain in the butt but not as much.

As expected, the six week check-in with Dr. RBL went well. She said everything looked great. There was some minor granulation that she scraped away. The left side of the vaginal opening still looks a little dry, so she asked me to keep applying the moisturizing strips, something I hadn’t been doing for a while. She did notice that there was some leftover douching liquid that was stuck up in my vagina that came out when she dilated me. She attributed this to the length of my vagina. I actually have been dealing with this issue myself - it is sometimes very hard to get all the douche liquid to come out, and I try to push it out but I can’t do it always and sometimes it spurts out with my next dilation or randomly on the pad I’m wearing. So she asked me to cut back on douching to once every other day and to not insert the catheter very deep. Otherwise, no issues - the medical staff is very happy with how things are looking. I was in NYC for just two hours total. I’m already most of the way home on the train and it’s only noontime on the east coast of the US.

Next check-in in New York is in seven weeks time. Focus for the next few weeks:
* Size up to orange dilator until it gets comfortable
* Stick to the dilation schedule
* Get in shape to start playing tennis by mid-April - get back into exercise

For this week, I want to focus on using the orange dilator for the last two sessions of the day and starting to ramp up my running.

Will provide weekly updates going forward...

Sarah
----
48 years young.
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2021, 12:10:33 pm »
Congratulations!

You win... More time in your day!!!

You're doing great, keep going. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Wendi

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2021, 07:07:30 pm »
Awesome. You're doing great. Hopefully it'll get easier and easier for the orange.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2021, 06:39:37 pm »
7 WEEKS POST-DISCHARGE

A few notes:

* I am NOT finding dilating 3x per day significantly less annoying than 4x per day. So...another five weeks left to get through this drudgery.

* Dilation: This week my dilation routine was:
  - Dilation #1: Green dilator 15 minutes
  - Dilation #2: Green dilator 5 minutes, Orange dilator 10 minutes
  - Dilation #3: Green dilator 5 minutes, Orange dilator 10 minutes

Orange is going in ok consistently. It's not going in easy, but it's not painful either. But I'm not getting to as good depth as with the green, as noted below...

* Depth loss: I have lost a bit of depth in the past week, especially after my check-in with Dr RBL. I think it may have to do with stepping up to the orange dilator, with which I cannot get to the same depth as the green dilator, and now I have lost a bit of depth on the green dilator. On the green dilator I'm now halfway between the notch and the last dot, and on the orange dilator, I'm getting to right around the last dot or maybe a bit after that. I'm thinking of adding back in a long session with the solo green dilator for a couple of weeks to try to battle for that depth.

* So for next week, I think I might do:
- Dilation #1: Green then orange
- Dilation #2: 15 minutes of green  (focusing on green) then 10 minutes of orange
- Dilation #3: Orange only

* Overactive bladder symptoms improved by a notable amount...I was able to get six hours of sleep several times this week before needing to wake up to go pee. That is pretty consistent with my bladder performance from before GCS. Overall, I am still needing to pee more, but my bladder isn't controlling my life as much. I'm feeling like my bladder function is at about 80%.

* Did a little bit of light running and a decent amount of walking this past week. In addition, I did a 60-minute tennis practice session, which went well, and my tennis play was not as awful as I thought it would be. More importantly, no ill effects from doing some mild running around the court (my knee was the only thing that really suffered - can't blame that on my surgery!) Tomorrow, I have a more serious tennis outing, playing against some good players in a doubles match. That will be a good test - my fitness won't be great, but I'm just going to pace myself and not go all out. All that said, I'm seven weeks post discharge...I feel pretty happy being confident about playing a tennis match this early in recovery.

* Been thinking more about taking my new bits for a "test drive" and doing some rubbing around there, but things are still way too sensitive. I'm really afraid of getting anywhere close to touching my sensitive area.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2021, 08:57:16 am »
9 WEEKS POST-DISCHARGE

It has been two weeks since my last update, so I figured it would be helpful to post here.

Dilation still not fun. (Surprise!). But I have kept to the schedule. 3x per day for four more weeks.

Big issue on the dilation front is trying to maintain depth. I think my days of getting close to the notch are long gone, and now I'm fighting in every session to get to the last dot.

My dilation routine is:

Dilation #1: Green dilator - really focus on depth
Dilation #2: Orange dilator
Dilation #3: Orange dilator

The orange dilator takes a few minutes to insert and still doesn't feel great once it's in there, but in the last few days I have noticed that it is feeling a bit more comfortable, but still not great. Again, I'm at 9-weeks post-surgery and I recognize that doing the orange dilator at this point is really good.

Over the last two weeks, I really regained a lot more energy, and pain sitting down also has completely disappeared. For day-to-day activities, I have pretty much healed up. And this past weekend, I was able to play competitive tennis two days in a row without much trouble, which was an important milestone for me. During the summer, I am routinely playing tennis twice in a weekend, and so I now know I can do that.

With the reduction in pain levels and sensitivity, I am getting some sexy thoughts and am getting to the point where I feel comfortable starting to explore feelings down there. So I'll be buying a vibrator in the coming days to help with that process. (Any vibrator suggestions? I know that you can't go wrong with the Hitachi, but I think I might get something that is quieter.)

And I also want to get back into doing regular fitness...I wish I could go to the gym in my apartment complex for that, but that will have to wait until after I am vaccinated, which hopefully will be soon. I'll be eligible for the vaccine starting next week.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2021, 10:09:20 am »
10.5 WEEKS POST-DISCHARGE

A couple of updates...

I have been able to regain a bit of depth from dilating over the past few days. Still not close to the depth I was getting in the initial weeks after surgery, but I'm feeling like I'm making good progress stopping the loss of depth. I think that adding back in the green dilator for the morning session to focus on depth has been been very helpful. The orange dilator in the afternoon and evening is starting to feel a little better, and I'm getting another half inch on the orange dilator than I was previously.

And...I was able to achieve a *small* orgasm this morning. The over-sensitivity down there has reduced significantly in the last couple of weeks, so every couple of days recently, I have tried rubbing my bits over my underwear. I really hadn't felt much, but today it started to feel good as I rubbed and so I pushed a bit more and I came a minute or two after it started feeling good. It definitely was not big fireworks (it was more like a dinky bottle rocket), but it's nice to know that everything appears to be working. It felt somewhat like my old orgasms, but not exactly the same. I did buy a couple of toys, so I'll start testing those out in the next few days.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2021, 10:35:22 pm »
@sarahc
Dear Sarah:
I have been frequently following your weekly post-op updates...
....I don't always post a reply comment but please know that I am very happy
to read that things are going quite well for you as your healing continues.

I was quite happy to read that your healing is apparently going well enough
that that your "nerves" down south are apparently connecting as they should....   
..... hmmm, toys.... experiment and have fun!!!   
It is also nice to have "BOB" ...  i.e.  Battery Operated Boyfriend  ::) :o  ;)

I trust and hope that your healing and dilation continue in a positive way...
I will be eagerly looking for and reading your updates as you feel comfortable posting.
HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2021, 08:41:28 am »
12-WEEKS POST-DISCHARGE

I have reached the end of my intensive dilation period! And I can proudly say that I only missed two dilations during the entire 12 weeks.. So that's 292 out 294 dilations completed. Hard to believe that I have completed almost three hundred dilations.

In the last week or so, the orange dilator has gotten a tad easier, and I'm achieving something closer to full-depth on the dilator. In most sessions, I am getting to at least the last dot. I feel like doing the green dilator in the morning has been really helpful.

Although I can cut back to 2x/day now, I'm going to keep doing 3x/day for another week, because my next follow-up appointment at NYU isn't until next week, and I want to keep working for another week and get clearance that's it is in fact ok to step down to 2x/day.

I also had another small orgasm a few days ago. Similar to stories I've heard from others, I think that I have to be in the right mood to feel like I could get to the point where I might be able to orgasm. I have yet to break out the couple of toys that I bought. Honestly, I'm a little scared of them, because things are still a bit sensitive down there. But I'm getting closer to the point where I might try them out.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline mm

« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2021, 10:48:23 am »
Sarahc, you have had a great recover; dilating is the most part of having a successful results in the end. You should expect everything down there will be more sensitive as time goes on, that how it is for a cis woman. Orgasms will get better with time too, give your body time the heal from all the changes you have down there. Your mood and setting are very important to having a nice orgasm, take your time no need to rush you and everything will be just great for you.  The depth you are getting with orange dilator is great great; no problem with continuing with 3x/day. Dilating should continue to get easier all the time.  Your body and you personly are getting more use to having a vagina all the time.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2021, 09:53:05 am »
14 WEEKS POST-DISCHARGE

Last week, I headed up to New York to do my 3-month check-in. For the most part everything is fine. A couple of issues:

1) Dr. BBL did again notice a layer of granulation on one side of the vaginal wall, so she scraped that away. Can I just say that when she does that scraping, it is NOT a comfortable feeling! Bleh!

2) There were signs of a bacterial infection, so I am back on Metrogel temporarily to clear that up.

Otherwise, all good in New York.

Meanwhile, I continue to be encouraged about my progress in regaining depth...I am back now to a little past the fifth dot on the green dilator and I'm making progress on the orange dilator getting between the fourth and fifth dot in most cases. Part of what I think happened is that I got a little lazy with my dilation technique between weeks 6-12. I wasn't pushing myself enough, and I also had my legs in the wrong position. Now that I have fixed that, progress is happening. The orange dilator is also slowly starting to feel better. The green is going in super easy now.

Last night, I was lazy and didn't do my evening dilation (only third missed dilation so far), so I went 16 hours between dilations. That did give me an opportunity to see how things are progressing if I go that long between dilations, and this morning, my dilation was if anything easier than most morning dilations and I got pretty deep with the dilator. I still I think I'm going to keep going on 3x per day for at least another month, but I do feel like if I have to miss a dilation, I know that it's not going to be a big deal.

Had another orgasm last week...still haven't broken out the toys. Will do so at some point...when I'm in the mood :).

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2021, 11:07:51 am »
18 WEEKS POST-DISCHARGE

Not much to report since the last post...

Since I was in New York, my dilation routine has turned into doing 3x/day dilations about 4-5 times per week and 2x/day dilations 2-3 times per week. Essentially, if my schedule is crazy, I don't make time for the third dilation. But if I am free in the afternoon, I will do that mid-afternoon dilation. I have found that doing 3x per day does help to maintain depth. And I have been very good about at least doing 2x/day. I think I've only done 1x/day a couple of times.

No change in depth since the last update. Slightly past the last dot on the green and between 4th and 5th dot on the orange.

I generally do green in the morning and orange later in the day, and I have found that effective for maintaining depth. One thing I might try doing is start with the green and then go to the orange to see if I can get a little more depth with the orange dilator.

I do continue to get some slight brown discharge in my post-dilation goo. After my appointment in New York a month ago, I did re-incorporate Metrogel into my dilation routine 1x/day, and that cleaned things up. But then the brown goo comes back. However, no bad smell yet. I'm really trying to keep things clean down there, but if you're putting goo inside three times a day, I think it's really hard for the inside to stay clean. My guess is that I'm going to have to go on and off Metrogel for the remaining intense dilation period.

Otherwise, everything goes well. I still need to do more happy-time exploration; things are working down there, but my work schedule has been busy.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2021, 04:08:14 am »
Sarah,

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2021, 10:38:52 am »
21 WEEKS POST-DISCHARGE

Quick check-in here:

Dilation with the orange dilator has gotten noticeably easier in the last week, so I have completely stopped using the green dilator.

I’m continuing to dilate 2x/day or 3x/day depending on how busy I am.

Still haven’t used the toys - will do it sometime later this month.

Sarah
----
48 years young.

Offline mm

« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2021, 11:52:12 am »
Thanks for the update. You seem to be healing nicely for the dilating to be going so smoothly for you.

Tags: