Author Topic: GRS in Montreal February 22  (Read 810 times)

Offline natalie.ashlyne

• instagram
GRS in Montreal February 22
« on: January 27, 2021, 10:18:11 pm »
Third time is a charm they say well I hope so because I got another date for GRS February 22 2021 after the last 2 other dates were canceled because of covid. Which is almost a year since my original date. Having my GRS canceled has been so hard on me I dont think I could take it if this one is canceled again. Is there anyone else scheduled for grs in montreal at that time just curious if I could meet anyone there.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: GRS in Montreal February 22
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 06:57:48 pm »
Hoping you are successful this time.

Wishing you the best.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 04:19:47 pm »
@natalie.ashlyne
Dear Natalie:
I feel so bad for you that you have had to endure previous cancellations for your desired surgery.   
It certainly has to be a big let-down for you and certainly very frustrating.

The Covid issues have screwed up so many members surgery plans here on the Forums.

I will mark February 22nd on my calendar and I will be trusting and hoping that it will not get
cancelled again.

Please, as you feel so inclined, keep me and the rest of your followers updated.
I will be eagerly looking for your future postings....

HUGS and best wishes to you,
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline natalie.ashlyne

• instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 07:44:47 am »
@natalie.ashlyne
Dear Natalie:
I feel so bad for you that you have had to endure previous cancellations for your desired surgery.   
It certainly has to be a big let-down for you and certainly very frustrating.

The Covid issues have screwed up so many members surgery plans here on the Forums.

I will mark February 22nd on my calendar and I will be trusting and hoping that it will not get
cancelled again.

Please, as you feel so inclined, keep me and the rest of your followers updated.
I will be eagerly looking for your future postings....

HUGS and best wishes to you,
Danielle

Thanks I drove yesterday from niagara falls ontarto to montreal quebec and I am at the hotel now surgery is in less than 24 hours away I am scared nervous and happy sad so many emotions I am by myself here.

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 08:32:22 am »
Dear Natalie

I am delighted to read your GRS will indeed happen on February 22nd.

I truly hope all goes well with preparation and the operation itself tomorrow. I shall be thinking of you.

Sending you love and happiness.

Hugs

Pamela xx

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 09:33:40 am »
Thanks I drove yesterday from niagara falls ontarto to montreal quebec and I am at the hotel now surgery is in less than 24 hours away I am scared nervous and happy sad so many emotions I am by myself here.
@natalie.ashlyne
Dear Natalie:
Be strong and get this done so that you can continue on in your journey.... the surgery is one of the big steps in your transition.
Rest assured that it is absolutely "normal" to be "...scared nervous and happy sad so many emotions I am by myself here."
It is a travesty that in this day and age of Covid it is a shame that you and others facing hospital medical procedures have to be isolated from loved ones and friends during that stressful time....  please know that you have many members here that are supporting you and that are wishing your much success and happiness.

HUGS and best wishes to you. 
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline natalie.ashlyne

• instagram
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 10:33:29 am »
Dear Natalie

I am delighted to read your GRS will indeed happen on February 22nd.

I truly hope all goes well with preparation and the operation itself tomorrow. I shall be thinking of you.

Sending you love and happiness.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Thank you I appreciate that so much :)

@natalie.ashlyne
Dear Natalie:
Be strong and get this done so that you can continue on in your journey.... the surgery is one of the big steps in your transition.
Rest assured that it is absolutely "normal" to be "...scared nervous and happy sad so many emotions I am by myself here."
It is a travesty that in this day and age of Covid it is a shame that you and others facing hospital medical procedures have to be isolated from loved ones and friends during that stressful time....  please know that you have many members here that are supporting you and that are wishing your much success and happiness.

HUGS and best wishes to you. 
Danielle

Thank you :)

I do realize it is normal it is just I never feel this way it is insane for me to feel like this I have never felt this before. I am known to be the person that can hold every ones problems at work and fix them I figure ways to around  or negotiate  things to get people what they want and need. I have worked so much I am kind of stuck with my brain feeling guilty for leaving my coworkers. I am feeling selfish for going for surgery knowing there is a pandemic. My coworker elected me as president of the union and health and safety rep and I feel like I am letting them down. I am also feeling guilty because the person I love is there and I am not I know I cant be with her but still hurts. I am thankful we have not had one case of covid at work but still does not mean we wont. I am scared for the pain I am usually good with pain but all my emotions are getting to me I know none of this probably makes any sense right now  or maybe sounds stupid I do take my job very seriously I figure people put me into that position twice for a reason and I don't want to disappoint them. I never realized how lonely I am either I mean I wish I had a partner that loved me and I loved them. I do have some one I love but yea that is another issues. sorry just kept typing as emotions and thoughts ran in my head while crying

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 01:45:45 pm »
You're going to be fine, and you're not alone...we're all with you for this milestone.

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline LuckyGal

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 12:20:27 pm »
Guilt is normal when going to have such a life changing surgery, but try and be kinder to yourself, this is something you are doing in order to be even a more complete person, and therefore once you reach that 100% self realization all those you are worrying about, will benefit from it, as well.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 12:47:46 pm »
@natalie.ashlyne
Dear Natalie:
Well, today is the day, the day of your surgery in Montreal.

Please know that I am hoping, trusting and praying for your successful surgery and your continued health and happiness.
Let the healing process begin!!!!

As you are recovering from your surgery day and then your healing please keep us all updated but only as you feel comfortable doing.

HUGS and more HUGS   
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline natalie.ashlyne

• instagram
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 06:34:41 am »
You're going to be fine, and you're not alone...we're all with you for this milestone.

Hugs, Devlyn

Thank you

@natalie.ashlyne
Dear Natalie:
Well, today is the day, the day of your surgery in Montreal.

Please know that I am hoping, trusting and praying for your successful surgery and your continued health and happiness.
Let the healing process begin!!!!

As you are recovering from your surgery day and then your healing please keep us all updated but only as you feel comfortable doing.

HUGS and more HUGS   
Danielle

Thank you I am doing  well I have been walking  around  by myself  it was my anxiety  acting up I was totally  scared . But I did pull through  this I will be glad today when the packing  and catheter  comes out

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 06:36:54 am »
Natalie,

I am so glad that you were able to get this surgery!

You take care.

I wish you a smooth recovery!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 08:51:39 am »
Hello again Natalie

I am glad to hear the surgery went ahead without any hitches and that you taking limited exercise. Take plenty of rest also. 

I wish you a painfree and comfortable recovery.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 05:54:10 pm »
Natalie,

I hope things are going better than planned.  We have not heard from you for awhile.
I am hoping for the best for you.

Hugs,

Chrissy

@natalie.ashlyne
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 09:04:26 pm »
@natalie.ashlyne
Dear Natalie:
No doubt that you are aware, it has been just over a month since your last posting here on the Forums...
I agree with
@ChrissyRyan   ...  I likewise am hoping the best for you.

If you feel comfortable doing so, please give me and the rest of your longtime followers an update on your
recovery and the status of your journey.

I am wishing you well and I am wishing success and happiness for you...
...I will be eagerly looking for your next postings on your thread and around the various thread on the Forums.

HUGS, HUGS and more HUGS, 
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 04:22:36 am »
I'm way overdue with this.

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline natalie.ashlyne

• instagram
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 06:46:01 pm »
@natalie.ashlyne
Dear Natalie:
No doubt that you are aware, it has been just over a month since your last posting here on the Forums...
I agree with
@ChrissyRyan   ...  I likewise am hoping the best for you.

If you feel comfortable doing so, please give me and the rest of your longtime followers an update on your
recovery and the status of your journey.

I am wishing you well and I am wishing success and happiness for you...
...I will be eagerly looking for your next postings on your thread and around the various thread on the Forums.

HUGS, HUGS and more HUGS, 
Danielle

Hi Thanks  Danielle  :)

I have to recommend Dr. Brassard and his team at GRS Montreal they are the most caring and compassionate people I have seen and the food there was excellent it is real food not processed. Even though with the Covid 19 restrictions that leave you basically to be in your room almost the whole time you are there it was worth it for me. I was am so happy with the results so far. The staff there were impressed at my high pain tolerance because I did not need anything more than Tylenol for pain. I  was walking the next day and I did not want to stop it felt so nice to walk again even though there was so much packing inside of me. The only part that hurt me while I was there was when I sat on the toilet as the stitch the bottom of your bum cheeks together that's what hurt me. When I was done my 10 days in Montreal I drove my self home which was a 8 hour drive back to the Niagara Region in Ontario. I am doing very well the scares are healing nicely. It hurts a little to do the first dilation of the day but it is not too bad. I am down to dilating 3 times a day I cant wait till it is just once a day that is a hard schedule to keep up with. I have learn that baby wipes are our friends and I bring them where ever I go. I am going back to work soon may 1st but on modified work. I have been doing my health and safety work and union work from home and going in to work 3 times a week to get covid tested and pick up stuff to work on or deal with at work. I have a hard time doing nothing it is way to boring for me.  I have to say I am extremely lucky and thankful for everything I have and all the opportunities that I have had also I have learned so much about people struggles and what is going on in some of the   USA and it is sad and sickening that they take peoples rights away. I am very fortunate that I have the ability to be who I am.

Right out of surgery

My first day meals

I'm way overdue with this.

Hugs, Devlyn

Aww thank you  :)

Offline natalie.ashlyne

• instagram
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 07:04:11 pm »
Natalie,

I am so glad that you were able to get this surgery!

You take care.

I wish you a smooth recovery!

Chrissy

Thank you so far everything is going smoothly I love it :)

Tags: