General Discussions > Gaming

Online gaming as trans

(1/1)

ashley7:
I want to know what your gaming experiences have been as a trans person.

Do you fail to attract Twitch viewers?

Are gaming shops welcoming towards you?

How do you communicate with your clan/guild/team? Does your voice get in the way?

TSL_NB:
Hey Ashley, I don't go on Twitch (I do have a Discord account, but I'm rarely on there), but I've participated in a few online Youtube streams where I submitted my Super Mario Maker 2 courses.

Honestly, it's never come up about my being trans, but my own attitude is that, this is who I am, like it or not, and I'm here.  But, I know there's a huge cross section of people, and we have just as much of a place there as everyone else.

So, I'd say, grab your seat, own your seat, and grab the controller and go.

Lagdim:
I'd suggest following trans Twitch streamers and interacting with their communities. There are quite a few of them.. from the top of my mind, Chelsea Manning, Riley Roshong, Demon Mama, RiverboatJack, LumiRue...

JaezelMarie:
I have not had many problems playing online games as a transgender person, you get a few mean people but they dont phase me, I will never meet them in real life. I have mostly had good experiences, if you look in mmos you can often find LGBT guilds or kins or whatever they are called in that mmo

Evienne:
I'm trans, and I haven't been able to get a single twitch follower unfortunately. :(
But cum hoc, it's more so due to my lack of having a twitch account than anything else. :p

I've had friends tell me I should do a twitch as they claim I have a good personality for it but idk. I never felt comfortable with it.
But I have still had plenty of online experiences just voice chatting and haven't really run into much of any issues thus far. I don't typically bother to tell people about me and people typically don't bother to ask so it works out as it should in my opinion...normal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version