Author Topic: Online gaming as trans  (Read 393 times)

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
Online gaming as trans
« on: February 01, 2021, 11:27:27 pm »
I want to know what your gaming experiences have been as a trans person.

Do you fail to attract Twitch viewers?

Are gaming shops welcoming towards you?

How do you communicate with your clan/guild/team? Does your voice get in the way?

Offline TSL_NB

Re: Online gaming as trans
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 08:09:46 pm »
Hey Ashley, I don't go on Twitch (I do have a Discord account, but I'm rarely on there), but I've participated in a few online Youtube streams where I submitted my Super Mario Maker 2 courses.

Honestly, it's never come up about my being trans, but my own attitude is that, this is who I am, like it or not, and I'm here.  But, I know there's a huge cross section of people, and we have just as much of a place there as everyone else.

So, I'd say, grab your seat, own your seat, and grab the controller and go.
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Lagdim

• Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 05:33:04 pm »
I'd suggest following trans Twitch streamers and interacting with their communities. There are quite a few of them.. from the top of my mind, Chelsea Manning, Riley Roshong, Demon Mama, RiverboatJack, LumiRue...

Offline JaezelMarie

• You Can Only Live One Life - Be The Best You Possible
  • Friend
  • Non Binary Queen
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 06:41:36 pm »
I have not had many problems playing online games as a transgender person, you get a few mean people but they dont phase me, I will never meet them in real life. I have mostly had good experiences, if you look in mmos you can often find LGBT guilds or kins or whatever they are called in that mmo
This can be a hard and bumpy road, but until you put one foot out the door and start on your journey, you will never know where your feet might carry you!

Offline Evienne

• Do you mind? This is my personal text >.>
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 04:30:04 pm »
I'm trans, and I haven't been able to get a single twitch follower unfortunately. :(
But cum hoc, it's more so due to my lack of having a twitch account than anything else. :p

I've had friends tell me I should do a twitch as they claim I have a good personality for it but idk. I never felt comfortable with it.
But I have still had plenty of online experiences just voice chatting and haven't really run into much of any issues thus far. I don't typically bother to tell people about me and people typically don't bother to ask so it works out as it should in my opinion...normal.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus abide to the binding of this message to have been abided.

Tags: