Author Topic: Exercise and desire to be a woman  (Read 1328 times)

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
Exercise and desire to be a woman
« on: February 07, 2021, 08:54:23 am »
Because of snow, air pollution, and winter coldness, I have not exercised outdoors so much during the past one or two months. My desire to be a woman greatly diminished and I mostly wore in dull mode. In summer, I expect my trasngenderism will be strong again, as I will be able to exercise more.

I have noticed this strange relationship between exercise(sports) and my <transgender> during the past 40 years. When I exercise intensively, my body becomes slimmer and probably more feminine, and my desire to be a woman becomes stronger and stronger. When I become busy doing my business and do not exercise, the desire becomes weak.

As you know, there are many famous athletes who outcompeted in masculine sports areas, but surprisingly later confessed as a trans woman, e.g., Jan Morris, Caitlyn Jenner, and recently Gabbi Tuft. Here in Susans, I have seen some m2f members who have regularly exercised outdoors. To me, these indicate some relationship between physical activity and m2f <transgender>.

Has anybody else noticed or explored this hypothetical relationship?

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Exercise and desire to be a woman
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 09:00:45 am »
I have adapted my gardening chores to be spread out over the entire year and not just the warm weather months.
Shrubs in protected areas out of the wind can easily be pruned in very cold weather.  I also rearranged the garage.  ;)

Marion

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 09:43:32 am »
I consistently do moderate amounts of exercise but I have never associated the exercise to being a woman but  instead to trying to maintain general fitness and well being.

Hugs,

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 10:02:28 am »
My exercise regimen doesn't vary much between summer and winter. And I can't say I notice much difference in my urges. Not sure if that's a reinforcing result or not. I'll ponder it during my run for which I'm just headed out.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 10:04:02 am »
My exercise regimen doesn't vary much between summer and winter. And I can't say I notice much difference in my urges. Not sure if that's a reinforcing result or not. I'll ponder it during my run for which I'm just headed out.

Enjoy your run! 

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Pammie

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 02:03:31 pm »
Because of snow, air pollution, and winter coldness, I have not exercised outdoors so much during the past one or two months. My desire to be a woman greatly diminished and I mostly wore in dull mode. In summer, I expect my trasngenderism will be strong again, as I will be able to exercise more.

I have noticed this strange relationship between exercise(sports) and my <transgender> during the past 40 years. When I exercise intensively, my body becomes slimmer and probably more feminine, and my desire to be a woman becomes stronger and stronger. When I become busy doing my business and do not exercise, the desire becomes weak.

As you know, there are many famous athletes who outcompeted in masculine sports areas, but surprisingly later confessed as a trans woman, e.g., Jan Morris, Caitlyn Jenner, and recently Gabbi Tuft. Here in Susans, I have seen some m2f members who have regularly exercised outdoors. To me, these indicate some relationship between physical activity and m2f <transgender>.

barbie~~
I haven’t thought of that but it’s interesting that my fitness campaign only started 12 months after I went full time. I’ve never been fitter than I am now - not ever!
Food for thought. I believe my motivation is all about my desire to get into all my lovely clothes and to give Andy more reason to keep telling me how gorgeous I am  - vain? Moi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 04:08:54 pm »
Enjoy your run! 

Chrissy
Thanks Chrissy. The first 2 hours were fun but the third hour was a slog!

As for insights, about all I can think of is if the weather makes a difference. Warm weather let's me dress differently. In winter everything is more covered up.

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

Offline Pammie

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 05:24:22 pm »
Thanks Chrissy. The first 2 hours were fun but the third hour was a slog!

As for insights, about all I can think of is if the weather makes a difference. Warm weather let's me dress differently. In winter everything is more covered up.

Flip! That’s one heck of a run! I inly do 40-50 minutes on my run - you must be running half marathons? Well done you!!

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 05:50:35 pm »
Flip! That’s one heck of a run! I inly do 40-50 minutes on my run - you must be running half marathons? Well done you!!

It's all about the route, not the distance. This is a favorite mountain loop but once I start it there's little chance to go back because it's steep and icy. I don't mind going uphill on ice because any fall is minimal, but I hate descending on ice. I need to put more screws in my shoes for traction. It's really beautiful and worth doing.

Have we derailed this thread thoroughly enough?

Offline Pammie

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 06:07:48 pm »
It's all about the route, not the distance. This is a favorite mountain loop but once I start it there's little chance to go back because it's steep and icy. I don't mind going uphill on ice because any fall is minimal, but I hate descending on ice. I need to put more screws in my shoes for traction. It's really beautiful and worth doing.

Have we derailed this thread thoroughly enough?

I think we have!

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 07:01:47 am »
... To me, these indicate some relationship between physical activity and m2f <transgender>.

barbie~~

Actually, I feel the exact opposite. I used physical activity to man up, as we say. I was pumping iron and doing strength activities. I also, was doing some running in my earlier years, but had to give that up due to knee and hip problems.

I did find that the aerobic exercise kept me much thinner than the strength exercises and staying thin was allowing me to imagen myself as female more easily, but this had no effect on my inner self image.  I am what I am and who I wanted to be was something else.

Today, I am as close to my inner self image as I can be. I ride my bicycle for 6 to 12 miles about 4 or 5 times a week. This keeps me thin enough, but really had no effect on my gender dysphoria.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Toni1

• Neighbor
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 04:16:55 pm »
I never really thought about any relationship regarding exercise. I sort of figured that my almost complete disinterest in sports was more of a feminine trait. I exercise everyday either on the treadmill or the peloton. it makes me feel really good afterward but not feeling any more or less a woman.

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 11:05:48 am »
For me, especially since when I was active duty, I've tried to remain fit as best as I can.

In some ways, doing a long run was a distraction from having to face my dysphoria, which I tried to bury for years.

I still have a very firm exercise regimen, but how I view it now, is that's it's more liked to a more complete desire to take care of myself.

So, for me, I would have come to a point where I needed to be complete and be female, either way.  But, in finally being completely myself, it's helped me to re-prioritise my exercise regimen in a positive and healthy way.
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline maybebaby

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 08:48:09 pm »
For me, I have noticed a correlation between being in an exercise kick and feeling dysphoria/wanting to transition. I think part of the connection is that these are both things that happen when I'm not depressed. When I'm feeling depressed I tend to just give up and resign myself to being fat and male forever.

Offline Kimdl93

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 08:42:43 am »
I wouldn't say there is a correlation in my life, really.  Perhaps more of a coincedence.   Most of my gym time was likely even part of my enduring effort to accentuate a male self image.

at least that was true until I began going to the gym in female mode.   

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 05:03:24 pm »

at least that was true until I began going to the gym in female mode.

Yes! I've been going in female mode for several years now (although virtual for the last year). My class, which is 2/3 female, is all used to me and nobody has ever said a word, although most of them knew me before. It's actually been a very helpful part of my transition.

Offline Lagdim

• Neighbor
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 04:54:50 pm »
I've experienced some of the opposite, with putting on weight while on HRT being affirming due to female fat distribution lol

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2021, 12:14:58 am »
Thanks for the feedback. It is rather surprising that my case is not a typical one. As I have been in rather a dormant mode during the past 2 months, my tummy became fatter. Some skirts become too tight to wear. That is why I did not post here frequently.

But, last week I ran 4 times as it was getting warmer and the air quality was nice. Hopefully, my libido will become stronger and my shape will be nice in a month as I run actively again.

Spring rain is falling here.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline TanandaTheTrollop

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 10:22:30 pm »
I think this may be an instance of your mileage ma very. We are all so different. I have not exercised in, well not ever but 1991 maybe. Got all the right curves in all the right places. I do envy the younger women, be they trans or cis, with their firm fit bodies. Um.. kind of. I don’t want to be them, just wish I could have had that stage in my life. That opportunity is long gone. Funny enough, I found out recently that many young women compare themselves to me. Why in the world would anyone compare themselves to me? Dunno, maybe I dress awesome or something, though not likely, still doesn’t make any sense though. Anyway, from the words of my best friend.

It doesn’t matter if the world sees us as attractive, it doesn’t matter if our man sees us as attractive, what makes all the difference is if we see ourselves as attractive.

Maybe that is the reason that you feel the way you do? Maybe you only see yourself as attractive when you are trim and fit.

Offline mac1

• Would like to be able to pass and live as a girl.
  • Family
  • Don't have any use or desire for those male parts.
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 01:32:01 am »
Would like to be able to pass as a woman, have basic female features including genitals.
?

Tags: