@EllenW
Dear Ellen:

Big, tight and warm HUGS for you  !!!!

As always, best wishes for you.
Danielle

SoCal_Holly:
Ellen:

My condolences on your loss !

It’s especially hard to get out and socialize with the Covid restrictions. Hopefully that will change soon and by the time you have recovered from surgery.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

Holly

davina61:
The only friends I had/have were from going drag racing , my local hot rod group and VW shows with my panel van(no more drag racing as the strip is now a housing development) . So had to move into a flat on my own, then due to having a bad back and going to see my BFF to get it sorted got taken to music nights. That gave me lots of new people to meet, okay apart from FB I have not seen them for a year but we will all get together soon fingers crossed  .
The point is when stuff gets back to normal you will find groups to join in with, maybe see if there are any hobby groups you can join on line local to you?

JudiBlueEyes:

--- Quote from: davina61 on February 08, 2021, 04:45:12 am ---The only friends I had/have were from going drag racing , my local hot rod group and VW shows with my panel van(no more drag racing as the strip is now a housing development).

--- End quote ---

Was that Santa Pod?  Too bad. 

I retired a year before I transitioned and I never kept in touch with my work pals as we no longer had anything in common.  I joined a couple local transgender support groups and met a number of awesome people.  I've also gotten back into making music and have met a group of people that I totally enjoy communicating with.  You can make new friends at an older age.

Ellen (hopefully) by now you have had your surgery and are healing well.  All my best to you.
Hugs, Judi

Oldandcreaky:
Oh, Ellen, I'm sad for you. It's an aged adage, but it's true: Be a friend if you want friends.

There are so many people who want to talk about themselves. I'm curious about people I meet and I always lead with questions and listening. When I lived with cities, I often returned home with a pocketful of business cards from strangers who wanted to meet me for coffee simply because I was curious and I posed questions and I listened. BONUS: Listening is easy for introverts!

Again, I'm sad for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version