Author Topic: Creating Ellen's new life  (Read 6917 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Creating Ellen's new life
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2021, 02:25:16 pm »
@EllenW
Dear Ellen:
Yes indeed, Alaska is a beautiful state.

Ketchikan: Where you are now is one of the farthest south towns in SouthEast Alaska (panhandle) 
Because it is so far south and on and around the water, the weather there is usually quite mild compared the the rest of Alaska, but lots and lots and lots of rain and cloudy skies.

As you have probably noted, much of Ketchikan is built on a hillside and the southern part of town has a matrix of boardwalks and elevated walkways that take your from shop to shop and from street to street. 
You can spend hours walking the entire town but beware of some steep hills and streets as you venture a few blocks east of the waterfront.

I will be looking eagerly for more of the updates that you share.

Hugs,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline EllenW

« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2021, 07:15:45 pm »
This will be my last post from Alaska. In about an hour we will be departing Ketchikan for Seattle. I have enjoyed my visit to Alaska, I just wish I had more time to see more.

Ellen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Known all my life I was different
Started to live part time as my true self in 2010
HRT January 2018
Full time at work February 2018
Legal name and gender change January 2019
GCS - January 2021

Offline EllenW

« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2021, 10:16:03 am »
My final view from the ship

Ellen

HRT January 2018
GCS - January 2021

« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2021, 11:50:05 am »
@EllenW:
Dear Ellen:
I see the Seattle Space Needle in your posted photo...
....Welcome back to Seattle and the "lower 48 states" 

I always dislike the Debarkation procedure at the end of the cruises....
....   "hurry up and wait ... and wait... and wait"

I trust that you had a wonderfully enjoyable and refreshing time on your cruise
and that you enjoyed the sights and vistas of Southeast Alaska.
....now, you are back to your regular routine and back to "regular" food.
When I have gone on cruises I usually come back home a few pounds heavier  ;)

Are you heading to the SeaTac airport and heading home to warmer weather
right away or are you staying in the Seattle area for a day or two?

HUGS, and more HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2021, 11:26:56 am »
@EllenW
Dear Ellen:
I trust that you made it back home safely after your enjoyable cruise to Alaska.

I am will be eagerly looking for your posts regarding your trip.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline EllenW

« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2021, 01:08:53 pm »
@EllenW
Dear Ellen:
I trust that you made it back home safely after your enjoyable cruise to Alaska.

I am will be eagerly looking for your posts regarding your trip.
HUGS,
Danielle

Yes, Danielle I got back home yesterday afternoon. The moment I got home I drove over to the Bone Adventure where my two little babies (dogs) spent the week. I was very happy to see them.

The main reason I took the trip was to force myself out of my shell and to start living my life as a single women. That reason alone the cruise was successful. I had a very enjoyable time meeting and talking to new people that did not know that I transitioned. I do not believe that anyone ever thought that I was assigned male at birth.

Highlights/Comments about the cruise:
  • The entire crew on the Norwegian Encore was wonderful.
  • NCL has very strict protocols concerning COVID19. You had to provide proof of being vaccinated and take a rapid Covid test at the dock before being permitted to board the vessel. The crew wore masks at all times.
  • One of the items that everyone had fun with was how we were greeted each time we went to the Garden Café which is the main buffet area. There was always a greeter at the entrance that said "Washy, Washy, Healthy Healthy" Even the entertainers bought the saying up in their acts.
  • The entertainment was excellent. My favorite was the music group "The Beatles Invasion". I saw them three times. They also had the Broadway musical "Kinky Boots"
  • Another great item was that they had daily meeting for solo travelers. We meet each evening and then went to dinner as a group. This was perfect for me as it allowed me to meet and talk to other passengers that I would not normally introduced myself to. Doing dinner we planned other activities that we could do together.
  • And of course the beautiful views and towns we saw in Alaska that I have posted earlier.

My only wish is that the cruise would have taken us farther north into Alaska and that we could have more time in port. Overall I would recommend the NCL Alaska trips to anyone. I hope to some day spend more time in Alaska on a tour that takes me inland.

Ellen
HRT January 2018
GCS - January 2021

Offline Pammie

• Up
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2021, 02:18:11 pm »

The main reason I took the trip was to force myself out of my shell and to start living my life as a single women. That reason alone the cruise was successful. I had a very enjoyable time meeting and talking to new people that did not know that I transitioned. I do not believe that anyone ever thought that I was assigned male at birth
Excuse my tunnel vision but isn’t that super wonderful!!!!

Well done hun!

Xxx

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2021, 10:20:30 pm »
Thank you for the report.  As I said earlier, my wife and I have talked about doing an Alaskan cruise.    Norwegian sounds like a good bet. 

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2021, 02:21:36 am »
Well done dear, its so nice to be out and about as ones self . I was at a show/camp out over the weekend and talking to a couple , my friend said they didnt realise I was trans .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline EllenW

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2021, 04:13:32 pm »
It is a blah :icon_eek: :icon_sniff: day as I am back at work after my week in Alaska.

The good news is how the company has decided to treat my decision to retire. I advised my director that I will retire on or before Dec 1st of this year. Since my company's acquisition was completed on Sept 1st, they decided to treat my retirement the same they are doing anyone whose position is being eliminated. So if I stay into December I get a bonus and a severance package. Something I would not have gotten under normal circumstances.  :eusa_dance: :icon_clap: So I guess I am going to work until Dec. 1st and get some extra money.

Ellen
HRT January 2018
GCS - January 2021

« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2021, 04:34:50 pm »
@EllenW
Dear Ellen:
I am not certain how to "read" your last comment.....   retirement, bonus and a severance package .....
Is this good news to you or is it bad news? ???

I trust that you enjoyed your time in Alaska....  the coastal towns that you visitied have much milder weather and
different weather and temperatues than the the central and inland towns.....  but for sure, they are very scenic and beautiful.  I know that you enjoyed Glacier Bay.... it is quite a sight for sure.

And again, welcome back home to your warmer weather... just in time, especially with winter coming upon us.

HUGS,
Danielle

It is a blah :icon_eek: :icon_sniff: day as I am back at work after my week in Alaska.

The good news is how the company has decided to treat my decision to retire. I advised my director that I will retire on or before Dec 1st of this year. Since my company's acquisition was completed on Sept 1st, they decided to treat my retirement the same they are doing anyone whose position is being eliminated. So if I stay into December I get a bonus and a severance package. Something I would not have gotten under normal circumstances.  :eusa_dance: :icon_clap: So I guess I am going to work until Dec. 1st and get some extra money.

Ellen
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline EllenW

« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2021, 07:10:16 pm »
@EllenW
Dear Ellen:
I am not certain how to "read" your last comment.....   retirement, bonus and a severance package .....
Is this good news to you or is it bad news? ???

Danielle,
That is probably because I am not sure either. When I saw the meeting invite from my VP I was not sure what it was going to be. I knew that they were advising anyone who's position was being eliminated due to the accusation. I thought they might say retire now, which I honestly would not have minded and actually looked forward to. But on the other hand offering be good money to stay around for 2 1/2 months is not a bad option. So, now I get to decide what I want. Retire now and not get extra money or stay until Dec and get several thousand dollars.

Ellen
HRT January 2018
GCS - January 2021

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2021, 03:07:10 pm »
I’d stay.  You can do 2 1/2 months standing on your head.  Easy peasy. 

It sounds like they are willing to pay extra for a smooth transition into the acquiring company.  They need to know what has been in the works, so they can manage it. 

Offline EllenW

« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2021, 05:47:16 pm »
It is 2 months and counting :) until I retire on December 1st. After my company's HR department sent me the paper work with the financial details to stay, there was no question I was staying until the 1st.  However, the closer it gets the more excited I get and harder it gets to motivate my self to get up and work. Next week I am traveling for business for the first time March 2020 and will be working at the clients site for the whole week. I am looking forward to actually seeing our customers. It has been a long time.

Ellen

HRT January 2018
GCS - January 2021

« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2021, 04:47:36 pm »
@EllenW
Dear Ellen:
I am so glad that you made the decision that you did regarding your job situation... it seemed to me, after reading your description of what was going on, that staying until December 1st was the right move, at least it was the right move financially in my opinion.  Of course there can be more going on with retirement other than financial concerns, so it is what you want to do is what counts.

How did the business traveling go for you? ... and meeting and seeing your customers (as Ellen)

I will be eagerly looking for your updates as you feel free to post them.
HUGS and more HUGS,
Danielle

It is 2 months and counting :) until I retire on December 1st. After my company's HR department sent me the paper work with the financial details to stay, there was no question I was staying until the 1st.  However, the closer it gets the more excited I get and harder it gets to motivate my self to get up and work. Next week I am traveling for business for the first time March 2020 and will be working at the clients site for the whole week. I am looking forward to actually seeing our customers. It has been a long time.

Ellen
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline EllenW

« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2021, 09:10:32 pm »

I am so glad that you made the decision that you did regarding your job situation... it seemed to me, after reading your description of what was going on, that staying until December 1st was the right move, at least it was the right move financially in my opinion.  Of course there can be more going on with retirement other than financial concerns, so it is what you want to do is what counts.

How did the business traveling go for you? ... and meeting and seeing your customers (as Ellen)

Danielle,
You are correct, financially I would be stupid not to stay. I originally talked to my boss saying I wanted to retire before the end of the year so it not a big deal personally. I am very happy with my decision and look forward to being off for my birthday and Christmas.

My business trip was very successful.  Although it was the first time I visited this customer, it was not my first trip seeing an customer as my true self(Ellen). Since I went full time several years ago I have made business trips to a number of clients around the country. Just not recently due to Covid. No one has ever mis-gendered me on any of my business trips.

Other news is that I had a consultation with a plastic surgery surgeon this afternoon concerning breast argumentation. The surgeon is very experienced working with transwomen. We talked a lot about what I was looking for and how he works to give me the breast I want. After all the discussions, I tentatively scheduled by surgery for Nov. 12th.

Ellen
HRT January 2018
GCS - January 2021

Tags: