Author Topic: What do you do with your hair for sleeping?  (Read 2219 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: What do you do with your hair for sleeping?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 07:02:13 pm »
Nothing!

I just go to bed.

In the morning, I will wash and / or condition it.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 03:39:55 pm »
 I bun it up. Or sometimes tuck it under my pillow.
It's got so long now it gets stuck in my belts and jeans after I pull em up.
Might be time for a trim lol

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 04:41:07 pm »
I bun it up. Or sometimes tuck it under my pillow.

Wow, that's so long!  I think a bun could be a good idea at my stage, it is getting troublesome.
~I just wanna have fun, that's all I really want~

Offline Lyric

• Family
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2021, 11:44:17 am »

I vote NOOOO to a trim, but do what you must. I love it long. Think of all the beautiful ladies with butt-length hair. Alas, there don't seem to be as many as there used to be. I never quite made to the belt when mine was at it's longest and it's not thick enough for that length now. Enjoy your gorgeous hair to the fullest while you can, babe.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 02:58:41 pm »
I vote NOOOO to a trim, but do what you must. I love it long. Think of all the beautiful ladies with butt-length hair. Alas, there don't seem to be as many as there used to be. I never quite made to the belt when mine was at it's longest and it's not thick enough for that length now. Enjoy your gorgeous hair to the fullest while you can, babe.

The belt thing gets annoying for sure.
I have so far avoid trimming it, it's is an old school thing though growing hair out long.
I always get people shocked at how long it is. They always come at me with the whole how did you do that?
I'm like I did nothing, I just left it alone lol

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 04:10:04 pm »
Someone told me today that I should go to the barber because if people did not know better, I might be looking more and more feminine to them.

I was not too sure what to make of that comment.

I did say that I like my hair they way it is and I take good care of it.

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 08:10:28 pm »

Someone told me today that I should go to the barber because if people did not know better, I might be looking more and more feminine to them.

Chrissy

Lol Chrissy, that was a compliment for you. Just ignore their confusion and enjoy your male fail!

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline clemenza

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2021, 12:08:08 pm »

Chrissy

I want to make <link removed>, when I dyed it, I will throw its picture.
I hope it doesn't look funny because I like the color pink.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2021, 03:15:42 pm »

I want to make <link removed>], when I dyed it, I will throw its picture.
@clemenza
Dear clemenza
    Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post and your questions and concerns but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you wrote about.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There are informational and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 07:15:17 pm by Rakel »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 03:17:18 pm »
@clemenza
Dear clemenza
One more thing......
If you feel so inclined please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.
Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and other readers the thread back so that the conversation can continue on.

Again, I am glad to see that you have joined Susan's Place.  I will be eagerly looking for your future postings around the Forums.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2021, 04:09:45 pm »

I want to make <link removed>, when I dyed it, I will throw its picture.

Your hair is pretty the way it is.   :)

Enjoy your favored color of hair.    :)

Chrissy
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 07:15:45 pm by Rakel »

Offline prudence

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2021, 12:44:44 am »
My hair is down past bra strap length. I put it up in a messy bun at the top of my head to sleep, otherwise I suffocate myself in my sleep or it gets caught under my shoulders or under my armpits.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2021, 03:15:19 pm »
My hair is shoulder length and I do nothing, but I probably would be more comfortable if I put on a soft headband. However I did try that a couple times and the headband came off during the night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2022, 04:13:50 pm »
Just loose for now.  Not too troublesome considering the length.  Might have to address it later on though :)

*Jenny

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2022, 12:05:19 am »
I've always left it loose. But at its current length, collarbone, it's getting in the way more. Sometimes it gets trapped under my shoulder and I have to pull it free.

Sometimes now I tie it loosely back and that works well. I sleep on my side so I don't feel the lump from the hair tie. I'm going to tie it back tonight. It's especially frizzy today.

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline prudence

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2022, 03:49:17 pm »
.. I sleep on my side so I don't feel the lump from the hair tie ..
That's why you don't tie in a low pony, but instead put it up on top.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2022, 04:40:34 pm »
I do nothing special with my hair before going to sleep.
I do make sure it is dry and combed out with no tangles though.

Chrissy

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2022, 05:20:37 pm »
My hair when I wake up is a mess no matter what I do,
...every morning I usually take a shower...
so then I can blow-dry it and comb it out... 
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2022, 05:26:07 pm »
We should be happy and fortunate that we do not have “ uncombable hair syndrome.”

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2022, 12:03:30 am »
I always try and brush it out in the early evening before sleeping.  I eventually want to get back to the hairdryer after a shower every morning.  I've stopped rinsing at night however after a tut-tut from my stylist, lol. 

Jenny

Tags: