Author Topic: Do you like snow?  (Read 417 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you like snow?
« on: February 13, 2021, 11:26:47 am »
Do you like it when there is a blanket of snow, or is snowing?
How much snow is enough snow for the season for you? (In terms of the amount of snowfall, the number of days with snow, the number of days you are “snowed in” and should not venture out, etc.)

What are your favorite “snow season” activities?  Bobsledding, sledding, cross country skiing, downhill skiing, snow machine (snowmobile) operating, snowball fights, ice skating, etc.

Stay warm!  Now for you in the Southern Hemisphere, your time for snow may be arriving in about four to six months.  It is fascinating to think that the seasons are “opposite,” although I understand why.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Haley Conner

Re: Do you like snow?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 11:47:09 am »
It's pretty, but I live on a hill, so kind of a drawback as far as getting around.  It's coming down pretty thick here, so I'm hoping it melts off quickly.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 12:13:37 pm »
Since today is the first snow of the year, and we got 4" so far, I'll go with one day of snow and 4" for a limit!

I love snow when I can visit it elsewhere!

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 12:29:06 pm »
Since today is the first snow of the year, and we got 4" so far, I'll go with one day of snow and 4" for a limit!

I love snow when I can visit it elsewhere!

Hugs!!

Caela

I see.  Do not eat the yellow snow.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 01:01:17 pm »
Snow is like my ex. Beautiful to behold but incredibly annoying when you try to do anything other than stare.

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 01:03:19 pm »
I live at "low" elevation here in Colorado at the base of the mountains, only 6,500 feet . Our snow doesn't usually linger for very long, typically a few days to a week. That's because the sunshine is so intense. It does hang out in the shade for longer, and good luck if your driveway or door faces north.

That said, the kids love it when it snows. We had less than an inch yesterday, but they are all out sledding down a grassy hill in the park. I remember doing that with our kids when they were young, but for some reason it doesn't appeal anymore lol.

I like not having to deal with the snow for very long. But I love to go up into the mountains where there is good, powdery snow all winter long. It's about a 40 minute drive to a nice place for cross country skiing that keeps good snow well into April and sometimes May. And I can get into the snowy forest in about 40 minutes on foot from home as well. But on the down side we will be wearing traction devices for running or hiking until the end of March. The ice is very persistent on the trails.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Wendi

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 01:05:28 pm »
I like snow. We need the precipitation and I'd rather have it in the form of snow vs rain.

I've been taking my dogs out for walks in it everyday. The dogs don't come in muddy. :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Started HRT 1/3/2019

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Do you like snow?
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 01:10:45 pm »
Snow makes it lighter out at night, as it reflects light.

Shortly after sunset I can look out and it appears to be still light out when there is a blanket of snow.
Plus it is brighter than bare ground when the yard light shines onto it.

I find little things like this interesting.   :)

Chrissy

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 04:00:09 pm »
YES, I love the snow and how it makes everything look fresh. 
The trees covered with snow can be very beautiful.

Here where I live there can be SNOW starting as early as Sept/October  and  ending in April/May.
Usually there is constant snow on the ground from November through March.

The road out of town to my home

Icicles

2 Cow Moose in my back yard

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Pammie

• Up
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 04:24:06 pm »
YES, I love the snow and how it makes everything look fresh. 
The trees covered with snow can be very beautiful.

Here where I live there can be SNOW starting as early as Sept/October  and  ending in April/May.
Usually there is constant snow on the ground from November through March.

The road out of town to my home

Icicles

2 Cow Moose in my back yard

HUGS,
Danielle

It’s all very beautiful but.....  I hate the cold and don’t like snow at all! Im a bit of a wuss sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online DianaPrince

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2021, 07:19:39 pm »
I like it the day of the snow, but I want it to go away the next day.

I can’t ride my bike on local trails until it’s melted off.

Offline Evienne

• Do you mind? This is my personal text >.>
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 07:58:13 pm »
The snow is beautiful here. But I loathe the cold that comes with it. Winters can get windchills reaching -40F some years.
We get a lot of it too. I hear some places schools shut down if they get an inch which is laughable to us cuz we can go 2 feet and still have school.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus abide to the binding of this message to have been abided.

Tags: