General Discussions > Nature and Pastimes

Do you like snow?

<< < (2/3) > >>

RandiL:
I live at "low" elevation here in Colorado at the base of the mountains, only 6,500 feet . Our snow doesn't usually linger for very long, typically a few days to a week. That's because the sunshine is so intense. It does hang out in the shade for longer, and good luck if your driveway or door faces north.

That said, the kids love it when it snows. We had less than an inch yesterday, but they are all out sledding down a grassy hill in the park. I remember doing that with our kids when they were young, but for some reason it doesn't appeal anymore lol.

I like not having to deal with the snow for very long. But I love to go up into the mountains where there is good, powdery snow all winter long. It's about a 40 minute drive to a nice place for cross country skiing that keeps good snow well into April and sometimes May. And I can get into the snowy forest in about 40 minutes on foot from home as well. But on the down side we will be wearing traction devices for running or hiking until the end of March. The ice is very persistent on the trails.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Wendi:
I like snow. We need the precipitation and I'd rather have it in the form of snow vs rain.

I've been taking my dogs out for walks in it everyday. The dogs don't come in muddy. :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ChrissyRyan:
Snow makes it lighter out at night, as it reflects light.

Shortly after sunset I can look out and it appears to be still light out when there is a blanket of snow.
Plus it is brighter than bare ground when the yard light shines onto it.

I find little things like this interesting.   :)

Chrissy

Northern Star Girl:
YES, I love the snow and how it makes everything look fresh. 
The trees covered with snow can be very beautiful.

Here where I live there can be SNOW starting as early as Sept/October  and  ending in April/May.
Usually there is constant snow on the ground from November through March.

The road out of town to my home

Icicles

2 Cow Moose in my back yard

HUGS,
Danielle

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Northern Star Girl on February 13, 2021, 04:00:09 pm ---YES, I love the snow and how it makes everything look fresh. 
The trees covered with snow can be very beautiful.

Here where I live there can be SNOW starting as early as Sept/October  and  ending in April/May.
Usually there is constant snow on the ground from November through March.

The road out of town to my home

Icicles

2 Cow Moose in my back yard

HUGS,
Danielle

--- End quote ---
It’s all very beautiful but.....  I hate the cold and don’t like snow at all! Im a bit of a wuss sadly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version