Author Topic: Walking  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Rayna

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • Living my best life as Rayna!
Re: Walking
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 08:49:28 pm »
This was actually a dog being walked.  I did not look up the breed or ask about it.  Maybe the breed is becoming popular.  It look a bit like a male lion.  Not as large as an adult lion.  Similar coloring.

Chrissy

@Northern Star Girl
I've seen large dogs that had their fur trimmed from their body for warm weather, but it was left intact around the shoulders, neck and head. Maybe Newfoundlands. That would look like a lion.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

My personal blog thread: Rayna, still on the right road (part 2)

My HRT thread: Rayna's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2021, 04:42:50 pm »
I've seen large dogs that had their fur trimmed from their body for warm weather, but it was left intact around the shoulders, neck and head. Maybe Newfoundlands. That would look like a lion.

I went ahead and did a Web search along the lines of “dogs that look like lions” and was returned images of dogs that indeed look like the one(s) I saw.
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2021, 07:57:06 pm »
I went on a walk today and I saw some birds and a rabbit.

It was good exercise too.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Walking
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2021, 04:08:28 pm »
Friday evening I enjoyed a nice walk.

They are usually really nice, especially when you see some wildlife.

Spring is such a nice season!

Chrissy

Offline Rayna

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • Living my best life as Rayna!
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2021, 08:15:02 pm »
The leaves have not yet emerged here, so you can still see into the woods and spot the animals more easily.

This morning I jogged along the creek and flushed a duck and a comically panicked squirrel who were eating corn kernels somebody had put out behind a building.

Later we encountered 3 or 4 deer on the trail. One went downhill while the others went uphill.

My personal blog thread: Rayna, still on the right road (part 2)

My HRT thread: Rayna's HRT Journal

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Walking
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2022, 06:44:26 am »
A nice walk soon this morning then a late breakfast or early lunch.
Should be fun.  Got some new hiking boots.  A jeans and flannel hike.
Will warm up by mid morning so I will not take anything else except maybe a light windbreaker.

Do you like to go out for walks or hikes?

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2022, 08:20:04 pm »
After coming home today I went for a nice walk.

Walking is a healthy activity and I find it really enjoyable, most of the time.  When I get caught in a rain, not so much fun when it is cool or cold outside.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Walking
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2022, 06:47:15 pm »
I walked throughout a shopping mall this week.  Besides the exercise, it is fun to observe fashion and people, and to shop at a store or two.

Chrissy

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2022, 07:12:54 pm »
I walked throughout a shopping mall this week.  Besides the exercise, it is fun to observe fashion and people, and to shop at a store or two.

Chrissy

We do the mall shopping as a family while we lived in North Carolina. We take them to the Concord Mills Mall in Concord just above Charlotte when my sisters and their families came up to stay for a few days. That mall is huge. I heard it is the second largest in the state. I believe it. It takes the entire day to walk the mall, if you are shopping in its multiple stores. Get plenty of walking in that mall.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2022, 07:54:37 pm »
Walking is a terrific "low impact" exercise and if the walking pace is fairly
brisk such as 15 to 20 minute miles, it can be beneficial as a calorie burning
and fitness exercise routine.

Walking trails and walking the town streets in good weather... or in bad weather,
"inside" walking in a Shopping Mall as  @Kaleig_hC  mentioned are good alternatives.

Danielle.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2022, 08:48:42 am »
Walking indeed can be very pleasant, especially when with a friend.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2022, 11:28:39 am »
I really do not wear my long wigs often as I prefer to simply count on my hair looking passable.
This morning though I went out for a walk and let the air gently blow through the long hair.

It was in the mid 40s but I was dressed warmly.
It was a wonderful walk.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2022, 06:34:44 pm »
I enjoyed a wonderful walk and conversation this afternoon.

A nice way to get some exercise for sure!

Chrissy

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2022, 06:38:58 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I much enjoy walking in town or on trails with a good friend....  and as we are walking
we can talk and discuss just about everything!!!   
Very enjoyable getting exercise and having a good time doing it.
HUGS,
Danielle

I enjoyed a wonderful walk and conversation this afternoon.

A nice way to get some exercise for sure!

Chrissy
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2022, 06:46:28 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
I much enjoy walking in town or on trails with a good friend....  and as we are walking
we can talk and discuss just about everything!!!   
Very enjoyable getting exercise and having a good time doing it.
HUGS,
Danielle

@Northern Star Girl

Danielle,

You are spot on.  It is very nice.

Chrissy

Offline ImAllie

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2022, 08:18:16 pm »
I walk every single day….

When I started my weight loss in 2017, my goal was 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week (I was 400 lbs at the time), that quickly moved to 5 days a week.   This was all on the treadmill at a pretty slow clip.

Flash forward to today - the first thing I do when I wake up is jump on the treadmill, and I do an hour which ends up being about 3 miles. I normally watch a movie, or I binge whatever show I’m watching at the time… and the time flies by that way.  I love it.

On the weekends, my wife and I will go for a long walk somewhere nice - around a lake, on a beach, or somewhere (Normally near water if we can help it).

I highly recommend the AllTrails app for those who haven’t found it yet. It will identify places to walk near you… and let you sort them by difficulty, distance, etc… you can look at photos, reviews, and more and make sure its a place you’d like to try.

Needless to say, I’m a big fan of walking.  For mental health, and physical.  Just getting up and moving is the goal, and walking is the easiest way to do it — since you can do it nearly anywhere and at any time!

Love,
Allie
01/18/22 - Began therapy
07/29/22 - Came out to my wife
10/13/22 - Began facial hair removal (laser/electrolysis)

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2022, 10:29:01 pm »
Seconded, All trails is great.  I used it today to plan my hike and stay on course.

Tags: