Community Conversation > Coming out of the closet

Coming out as ftm to my bf's parents?

(1/1)

Hellboi:
(ftm) So I haven't seen my bfs family for over a year now cuz of the pandemic. Now everyone wants to go camping for a few days. My bf doesn't understand how hard this is for me. Like I have to bind and stuff. I've been on t for over a year and my voice is deep, Ive been shaving my face so I can "revert back." (My legs are hairy and so are my pits. His parents have seen that and commented on it.) It's really been tearing me apart. I've tried to talk to my bf about it but I don't think he understands how painful it is.

I'm like, what do I do, come out and have everyone misgender me and/or correct themselves awkwardly the whole time? I just feel like I can never be my real self. The only place I felt like my real self was at work ironically, where I had a male name and pronouns. My bf still calls me by my birthname, and made it clear he doesn't want to call me anything else. (My family is also like this) I get it but I also just wish I could be normal just for this weekend...

Also then it's like, your son is dating a man, I don't know how that's gonna fly...if they are accepting, then I have to live up to this manly standard...

Has anyone come out as trans to their partner's parents? Thanks for reading, have a nice dayyyy~

Gertrude:

--- Quote from: Hellboi on February 17, 2021, 02:00:31 pm ---(ftm) So I haven't seen my bfs family for over a year now cuz of the pandemic. Now everyone wants to go camping for a few days. My bf doesn't understand how hard this is for me. Like I have to bind and stuff. I've been on t for over a year and my voice is deep, Ive been shaving my face so I can "revert back." (My legs are hairy and so are my pits. His parents have seen that and commented on it.) It's really been tearing me apart. I've tried to talk to my bf about it but I don't think he understands how painful it is.

I'm like, what do I do, come out and have everyone misgender me and/or correct themselves awkwardly the whole time? I just feel like I can never be my real self. The only place I felt like my real self was at work ironically, where I had a male name and pronouns. My bf still calls me by my birthname, and made it clear he doesn't want to call me anything else. (My family is also like this) I get it but I also just wish I could be normal just for this weekend...

Also then it's like, your son is dating a man, I don't know how that's gonna fly...if they are accepting, then I have to live up to this manly standard...

Has anyone come out as trans to their partner's parents? Thanks for reading, have a nice dayyyy~

--- End quote ---

Where do you live? Sounds like a conservative place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version