Author Topic: Surgery coming and fast!  (Read 193 times)

Offline inenidok

• Neighbor
Surgery coming and fast!
« on: February 20, 2021, 07:53:35 am »
Well I got to say I do appreciate all the feedback I get from here I know I am not as active as I would love to be! But I do have a very busy life! But that has all slowed down since I was in a car wreck last November. But since I am no longer able to work, and my surgery was postponed 2 times last year. I have now been scheduled for the middle of March. Yes I know it’s coming and coming fast. I am doing both top and bottom at the same time! And to be frankly honest. Scared as hell. I have never had surgery in my whole entire life. I am excited and nervous, people at my jobs I had and the students and even the instructors at my college don’t even know I am transgender. No one has ever asked, and I really can’t go to them for support either I know they will work with me, they know I am having surgery and will accommodate me! I am hoping to be back in the classroom in about 12 days after this! It’s only for a couple hours a day! But how do you prepare yourself mentally for this step! I know everyone says I am ready for this and of course we are! But what about the risk the trauma and the pain, the physical and mental challenge that lays ahead after surgery, the worry of infection or complications! I know we find the surgeon that we feel is the right one some even the best! But things happen! So how do you really prepare? Is my main question? My surgery is less the 4 weeks away yes there is a few test I got to do first! But it’s all a go right now.
Love love, be yourself live life for you. 12/21/17 is the start of a new me

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Surgery coming and fast!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 09:53:00 am »
@inenidok
Dear inenidok:
Thank you for sharing ....   the Month of March and your surgey appointment will be here before you know it.

As you feel comfortable doing, please keep us all updated....

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline inenidok

• Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 10:22:26 am »
I will do my best! But now I got another problem my cousin that was going to go with me can’t and have absolutely no one that can go with! And this sucks! Ugh! Because my parents are already gone plus my siblings are all gone too and my daughter is not old enough!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 10:55:26 am »
I hope someone can be there with you but if there is not, stay strong.  I am sorry to hear that your cousins cannot be there.

Keep in touch with us here and we can provide some encouragement.

Best to you,

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline LuckyGal

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 04:27:25 pm »
I think all of the doubts and concerns you wrote are really normal to have before a surgery like this. Try, and always push the negative thoughts away, and think of the bigger picture; in the end the journey will be worth because the destination is freedom.

It's impossible to really prepare for something this big, but when you feel overwhelmed just try and not think too much about it, take it step by step, and it will evolve naturally. But honestly, asaide from having fears (which is normal), this should also be super exciting for you. Remind yourself of that. Good luck, and hope you can get someone to be there with you. Sending you tons of good karma.

Offline inenidok

• Neighbor
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 04:56:01 pm »
Thanks everyone, I know I am very excited about it and it’s awesome I getting breast augmentation too, before last year it had to be removed, but this year insurance is covering it! Everything has been paid the surgeon and the hotel, still waiting on the bill from the hospital, but I will what I can of it! So I feel like everything is the last minute deal and I hate waiting for the last minute to do anything! Makes me nervous like I am forgetting something! I like to have all the ducks in a row all possible scenarios worked out! Like my cousin backing out, I felt this was a possibility 2 weeks ago, so I been asking around with out any luck!

Tags: