Author Topic: Growing Boobs and Permanent Hair Removal  (Read 123 times)

Offline Willowicious

• Doing stuff with things
  • Zhu Li, do the thing!
Growing Boobs and Permanent Hair Removal
« on: February 20, 2021, 02:52:38 pm »
Hey there!

One of the big things I'm dreading when I begin transitioning for real this time is chest hair.
When the boobs grow, I'd rather not have to be shaving them daily for the entirety of my life, and I also don't want to have to worry about shaving them ever.
So I was wondering, is electrolysis the only method to stop the hair growing? I asked a clinic about getting it done on my chest, but they said it would take years, so I was wondering if this was the case with you peeps?
Alternatively, will the hair growth stop completely when I'm on hormones long enough and/ or I blast them with 12+ laser treatments?
I'd love to know all your opinions, thoughts and experiences please :D

Thank you in advance and all the best

Willow ^^

Offline Jessica_K

Re: Growing Boobs and Permanent Hair Removal
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 05:58:56 pm »
I can only give you my experience, I now have very little chest hair, in fact very little hair anywhere with the exception of face that I have to shave daily. Been on hormones for two years. Most women need to shave or wax to some extent so I say I am quite typical

I used to have waxing and used a high intensity light hair remover in the early days but now just remove the odd hairs when I see them

Jessica xx

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 07:50:25 pm »
After a few year of HRT with Estradiol, you should have little hair left on your body except for face and head and pubic area. It does not hurt (much) to have a few laser treatments on your legs, arms and chest. This will speed up the removal of dark hairs from those areas.

When I first started HRT, the hair on my chest became very itchy and I would just grab a bunch and pull it out with minimal effort. Not everyone reports this, but it is my experience.

The most troublesome areas for late transitioners is the face and any genital area your surgeon requires.

Breasts take several years to mature, so you have some time to take care of those pesky remaining chest hairs.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Willowicious

• Doing stuff with things
  • Zhu Li, do the thing!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 12:50:27 pm »
I can only give you my experience, I now have very little chest hair, in fact very little hair anywhere with the exception of face that I have to shave daily. Been on hormones for two years. Most women need to shave or wax to some extent so I say I am quite typical

I used to have waxing and used a high intensity light hair remover in the early days but now just remove the odd hairs when I see them

Jessica xx

That's promising, thank you! :D

After a few year of HRT with Estradiol, you should have little hair left on your body except for face and head and pubic area. It does not hurt (much) to have a few laser treatments on your legs, arms and chest. This will speed up the removal of dark hairs from those areas.

When I first started HRT, the hair on my chest became very itchy and I would just grab a bunch and pull it out with minimal effort. Not everyone reports this, but it is my experience.

The most troublesome areas for late transitioners is the face and any genital area your surgeon requires.

Breasts take several years to mature, so you have some time to take care of those pesky remaining chest hairs.

That's awesome, I've been having laser for a couple of years, so hopefully it will permanently go on its own when the 'mones have fully developed ^.^