Author Topic: New tomorrow  (Read 192 times)

Offline TanandaTheTrollop

New tomorrow
« on: February 21, 2021, 01:07:42 am »
So I just spent hours on the phone with my brother. Yeah, not even close, I actually spent hours on the phone with his girlfriend. Kind of should be simple right? He is my brother, lifetime of anecdotes but no, he doesn’t understand me at all and I spent all of that time on FaceTime talking to his girlfriend. Probably the one downside of being a girl is that you are a girl and everyone sees you as such. Kay, not a downside but it absolutely must be accounted for. Has anyone else experienced this?

There are loses. Not saying my brother was a loss, we are as close as we have never been. Hard to connect with your brother that called you Michelle your whole life.

This is the question, Have you ever been so totally excluded from being a guy but completely understood that it was because no one saw you as a guy? Even those you spent your life with.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: New tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 06:48:31 am »
I was AMAB, but that was not who I was inside. I did not understand myself until I was a teenager, but I still denied myself.

For what ever it is worth, all the people around me expected certain things of me. People would look at me and make assumptions that were not accurate. I was even making assumptions for myself that were not accurate.

It was not until I accepted myself that everything came together. Regardless of the expectations of others, I am now much happier being as I am now.

Not everyone will accept us after transition and this is something I just do not put much time into thinking about. My life is my own.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
Re: New tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 11:40:56 am »
Following this. I was always seen as a guy, a gentle one, but still... So I can't answer your question but I am interested in the responses of anybody who can. That would be my fantasy, to be seen completely as a female, but I doubt I'll quite get there in this lifetime.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Tags: