Author Topic: What is the best size for BA?  (Read 328 times)

Offline EvaB

What is the best size for BA?
« on: February 22, 2021, 06:57:21 am »
Hi,  being older, my breast development left me with spunky breasts, but I desire more.  Now, I know everyone probably has a personal preference, but I was wondering what you think the best size would be for BA.  (Can't afford it now but planning for it down the road.)  I am thinking somewhere between a C and a D cup, and leaning towards a C,  I want to be able to look down and see my breast but I don't want them to hinder me in other ways (also worried about sagging).

I am looking for pros and cons for both C & D sizes, but also interested in everyone's thoughts on the subject.  (Why stay smaller than C or go bigger than D?)

Thanks for any suggestions.
"You cannot be happy if you are not joyful about something.  When you find this joy, happiness, grace, and virtue will follow.  The Way of the dog is to find this joy every day and to never give up this search." - Said to Eros, the Metaphysical Dog by his mother, Skylark.  Good advice for human's too!

Offline noleen111

• Family
Re: What is the best size for BA?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 07:21:27 am »
Honestly, it comes down to personal choice and what will suit your body frame.

I have natural breasts and i wear a 36D bra, ok I started hormones at 21 and now in my early 30's

My experiences, well a good bra is important to provide support and D cup breasts can effect your back due to the weight on your chest. On hot days, boob sweat can be irritating.

sagging, well I have been told, that sagging is something women with D cups will most properly experience, apparently even wearing a bra daily will not stop the laws of physics catching up with your breasts. Bras provide support and don't prevent sagging.

Personally, when I get older (Properly around my mid 40's), I want BA, not so much to get bigger, but to firm things up again. But hey, I may go up to a DD. I am sure my husband would love his middle aged wife to have  the breasts of a 20 year old.  ;)
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 09:08:49 am »
I suggest wearing breast forms and socializing while wearing a mask and practicing safe distancing for Covid 19.
They can be purchased inexpensively on Amazon.  Some do like the attention they get.  Others find that annoying.

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 11:08:30 am »
"What is the best size for BA?"

Your size.

Larger frames are going to accommodate larger breasts more naturally...but the individual
may not want that...

Smaller frames are going to accommodate smaller breasts more naturally...but the individual
may not want that...

We all want our bodies to look the way we want them to look.
Veteran, US Army

Offline mm

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 12:38:48 pm »
What size is best for you depends on several factors.  Your frame size as has already has been said is a place to start.  All breasts sag with time depending on size, bras your wear, genes, and the number of pgs for cis women.  One pro for most transgirls is they develop later in life so time is too their advantage.  Size is also how you see yourself and how you want others to see you. The larger they are the more they effect your normal activities everyday. Even smaller boobs need to be supported when you run or do other physical activities so if you do or plan these types of things I need to think about how it would be effected if you have larger boobs. There are pros and cons to the best size for every woman.

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 02:10:45 pm »
I like Marion's suggestion to try out several sizes and see how you feel with them. It will take time to get accustomed, but it sounds like you have time.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 06:40:51 pm »
Hi Eva!

Decisions Decisions! 😅

Let your mantra be... proportion, proportion, proportion... I believe visual balance to your lower half wins out over any particular size...Think hourglass!!! 🤔

I don’t know how long you’ve been on HRT but much of my development, as an older transitioner ...happened around the 2- 2.5 Year mark... I was glad I waited and never felt the need for BA...

Onward we go brave sister!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251753.60.html

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 11:38:25 pm »
@tgirlamg      cc: @EvaB
Dear Ashley:
What you stated is exactly my experience too.   
I got to a B cup toward the end of my first year of HRT, then finally a full  C-Cup just after the 2nd year...  the good news for me is the same as your report.... I had no need and no desire for a BA.  The size is right for my body and my physically active lifestyle.

You are right about paying attention to proportion.
I have seen some girls get too big of a BA and it looks out of balance with the rest of their body....  my best advice is to not overdo the size.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom on this matter.

HUGS and lots more HUGS,
Danielle

- - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Eva!

Decisions Decisions! 😅

Let your mantra be... proportion, proportion, proportion... I believe visual balance to your lower half wins out over any particular size...Think hourglass!!! 🤔

I don’t know how long you’ve been on HRT but much of my development, as an older transitioner ...happened around the 2- 2.5 Year mark... I was glad I waited and never felt the need for BA...

Onward we go brave sister!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 06:14:44 pm »
I had 555 mentor gummy bears inserted partially under the muscle, 4 years after starting hormones

I wanted a full C cup. I had a 42 A bra post op. I was fitted at a surgical bra shop (used by woman that had breast surgery and recommend by HUP). I was 220 pounds( I put on 40 pounds post op from GCS or maybe 45 pounds).

I weigh 166 now and wear a 38 DD. My bra is too small and I need a 38 DDD I think. Perhaps a larger cup. I changed my hormones and am doing breast pumping and taking domperion ( I wanted larger arteriole and nipples) . Anyhow, weight and hormones and prolactin antagonists and breast pumping with a hospital grade pump (used on ebay) can influence the bra band and cup size you wear.  You mileage will vary.

Breast forms are an excellent idea and then getting a bra and wearing them all the time except when sleeping. I was very unhappy with a 42 A cup. However, I am very happy with a 38DDplus.

I take my bra off when I get home unless I exercise. Then I wear a very supportive sports bra. Else, my boobs hurt post exercising.

When I was a 42A I weighed 50 pounds more. So losing the fat and gaining muscle far outweighed the breast cup increase body change.

I had a guy today said i looked like Gretta Garbo. I looked it up, I was wearing a fitted knit salmon sweater today. So boobage was the veiled comment. I have been told I look like Gina Davis by quite a few people.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Tags: