Author Topic: Looking for Vaginoplasty Information  (Read 279 times)

Offline Steph1967

Looking for Vaginoplasty Information
« on: March 01, 2021, 01:56:20 pm »
Ladies I know I am ways away from getting the surgery but I am trying to get as much information as I possibly can.  I read some great stories and what to expect from insurance issues, how to prep, how long the procedure takes, try to wrap in other surgeries if possible, how much time it take to fully recover but what I can't find is an average time that one is laid up and when one can get back to work.  I do not have a physical job but I do have to drive a bit, walk jobsites and sit behind a computer.  Most my work can be done from home but I would have to be out and about for about 3 hours a day.  So my questions is how long roughly does it to take to get to that point (I know everyone heals differently) to be able to leave the house and do about 3 hours of field work and then come home dilate and do follow the other instructions I am given by the doctors? I am a planner and there are better times of the year than others for me to get away to get the surgeries I am looking to do.  Any help will be appreciated and thank you ladies you are all awesome and I am looking to follow in your footsteps down the road. 

Much Love
Steph

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Looking for Vaginoplasty Information
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 03:03:46 pm »
Steph,

Plan on 3 to 4 weeks  of limited activity. You should be able to get up and walk about after 10 days, but take it easy for a while. Everybody is different, so some of us will recover sooner and others will take a while longer.

Don't forget dilation. You will need some private time about 4 times a day for the first month or so. Every surgeon has their own schedule.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 03:04:04 pm »
It can vary hugely. I had some bad granulation that slowed my recovery, and I wasn't fit for much till 8-weeks. Others heal much faster. Best to give yourself all the time you practically can. X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk
"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 03:24:05 pm »
I would plan on it taking at least 10-12 weeks to be out and about for three hours a day, on every work day. And that assumes everything goes well. And I say that as someone who has recovered pretty quickly.

You can probably start doing desk work on a very limited basis at 4 weeks, a bit more at 6 weeks, a bit more at 8 weeks with some limited offsite work. But consistent offsite work is something else completely different and you really need to be well along in your recovery to contemplate doing that on a daily basis.

As Rakel noted, especially during the first three months, your dilation schedule will rule your life. Just accept that, because doing the surgery and then not following the dilation schedule would be very unfortunate.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Steph1967

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 07:02:57 am »
Thank you ladies I do appreciate your input and when this does happen I will be following the doctors orders to a tee so if it is 8 week I am down I am down and will have to figure out the work thing.  Lucky for me our HR department is Pro Steph and wants this for me which is awesome and half the battle.  Also, thank you for all for your advise and life experiences on so many topics they have really helped.

Much Love,
Steph 

Tags: