Author Topic: Fistula  (Read 431 times)

Offline Theda

• Visitor
Fistula
« on: March 03, 2021, 05:02:50 pm »
Hey! Anyone here has infos on fistulas and treatment. Big fear of mine.

Having my op in august.... :o

Dr. Schaff!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 09:14:25 pm by Rakel »

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
Re: Fistula
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 08:53:22 pm »

Having my op in august.... :o

Dr. Schaff!

Hi Theda!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery... an affirming step forward towards the life you want and need!

I usually don’t peek in on this forum but... did today!… and saw your unanswered question... Fistula were about my biggest fear before my procedure with Dr Bowers In 2015 as well... my advice is this...

Your fears and worries will always seek to be the loudest voice in your head... listen and consider what they say but, then tell them to be quiet and sit in the backseat because you are driving this car that is your life... don’t let fear take the wheel from your hands...

The whole experience is pretty amazing so let yourself enjoy it and feel the power contained within your bold decisions...  worry management is one of the big demands both pre and post procedure so please don’t devote much worry to something that has not even and likely won’t happen... all shall be well 🤗

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251753.60.html

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 08:14:42 am »

A fistula is an opening or a pathway between two areas that should have a membrane or partition between them. There are many causes of developing a fistula. Surgery is one of them, but also puss filled infections, irritation such as Crohn's disease or radiation therapy used to treat cancer are also causes of a fistula. 

Many years ago fistulas did develop in a number of Gender Confirming Surgeries., but it  is uncommon today .   If you do develop a fistula, it will not heal on it's own, but it can be treated and  you can fully heal from the fistula.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Idontknowbutiwould

• Following my dream
  • Neighbor
  • A little kid living adulthood
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 07:55:43 pm »
Fistula had been a fear of mine too. I constantly asked the nurses and doctors if I had a fistula due to my constipation but believe me... it is a lower possibilty, only another fear
18 years old.

2008: Put a wig on primary school
2014: Coming out to my family
2016: Puberty blockers
2017: Real life experience
2018: Breast augmentation with paternal consent
2019: Identity document changed
2020: Getting my SRS and FFS? I hope

Tags: