General Discussions > Health

So now I’m really screwed up

(1/2) > >>

MeTony:
Psychosis. Hearing voices. Delusions. Now I’m really screwed up. Actually been since I was 15. But I’ve been well between my psychotic episodes. Every time I’m ok again, I believe it is forever. It has lasted for 3 years at most. Then I’m back in this pit.

I will get at proper diagnose in a month. Psychologist thought it is Schizoaffective disorder and my sister believes Schizophrenia.

Oh well. What a future. I have not been to work since beginning of November 2020. I have no clue what so ever when I am able to go back to work. I can’t be psychotic, that’s for sure.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Battle Goddess:
Hey, brother! Nice to hear from you.

So sorry you're hitting a rough patch. They can be such a drag, and short or long calendar-wise, they do always feel like they drag on forever, don't they?

Schizothis, schizothat, or schizotheother, one thing I've figured out from my encounters with psychiatry is that the label itself of the Dx isn't all that important. Psychiatry is a most inexact science.

Rather, I tend to look at diagnoses as general guidelines in a cookbook. Such-and-such an issue? Try this first because it most always works. If that doesn't help, try these, and so on and so forth. If nothing is helping, you're probably using the wrong recipe.

To use an extended metaphor, when you're cooking Hoppin' John for a dinner party, you always start with black-eyed peas. But if the party needs it New Orleans style, give it a base of onion, celery, and bell pepper for Hoppin' Jean. You can also make Hoppin' Jack, Hoppin' Jacques, or Hoppin' Juan, depending on what flavors the party needs. I even tried Hoppin' Ivan once. That didn't come out so great. Can't win 'em all.

So... suffering sucks, and you don't deserve it, and it sounds like help is on the way. Now it's just a matter of finding the tastiest ingredients. Keep the faith. You'll get there.

Good luck.

Northern Star Girl:
@MeTony
Dear Tony:
I have been following your blog/thread and your postings around the forums for a long time.  Please know that I am rooting for your success and happiness.... and certainly your well-being...   
... I am so sad to read that you are still battling your psychotic episodes after all of your doctor visits, therauptic treatments and medications. 
I trust, hope and pray that next month when you meet with your Psychologist that you can finally get a proper and correct diagnosis that results in a treatment plan that will work for you.  I sincerely wish that you can get back to a condition that you can finally go back to work again and have all of this behind you.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle

--- Quote from: MeTony on March 08, 2021, 10:16:48 am ---Psychosis. Hearing voices. Delusions. Now I’m really <screwed&gt up. Actually been since I was 15. But I’ve been well between my psychotic episodes. Every time I’m ok again, I believe it is forever. It has lasted for 3 years at most. Then I’m back in this pit.

I will get at proper diagnose in a month. Psychologist thought it is Schizoaffective disorder and my sister believes Schizophrenia.

Oh well. What a future. I have not been to work since beginning of November 2020. I have no clue what so ever when I am able to go back to work. I can’t be psychotic, that’s for sure.

--- End quote ---

MeTony:
Thank you two.

Yes. It’s about finding the right ingredients. I thought I had, but then I had side effects. 

I know I will get throught this. But I have made a discovery, it’s a hard one to accept, but I need to find another workplace. It is too stressful for me. Stress makes things much much worse.

Maid Marion:
Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear of your issues though it is good that you have identified something you can work on.

Marion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version