Author Topic: Happy Pi Day 3.14  (Read 440 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Happy Pi Day 3.14
« on: March 14, 2021, 08:13:36 am »
Happy Pi Day 3.14

Pi is the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter.

Today, March 14, or 3/14, is Pi Day.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Battle Goddess

Re: Happy Pi Day 3.14
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 08:50:08 am »
My dear, late grandpa told one of his favorite jokes like this:

This one old Okie scrimped and saved for years to send his son to college.

So the son comes home from college for the first time, and the Okie asks the son what he's studying at college.

"Geometry, Pa."

The old boy says, "Well, say something in geometry!"

The son takes a minute to figure out what to do, and then he says "Pi r-squared, Pa."

And WHAM! The fella is on his son in a flash, knocking him down, standing over him, shouting, shaking his fist, cussing a blue streak!

"Consarn it, you ungrateful little son of a gun! I spend all that money to send you to college, and they fill your head with all them durn fool notions?

"Pie are not squared! Pie are round!

"Cornbread are squared!"
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 09:01:30 am »
My dear, late grandpa told one of his favorite jokes like this:

This one old Okie scrimped and saved for years to send his son to college.

So the son comes home from college for the first time, and the Okie asks the son what he's studying at college.

"Geometry, Pa."

The old boy says, "Well, say something in geometry!"

The son takes a minute to figure out what to do, and then he says "Pi r-squared, Pa."

And WHAM! The fella is on his son in a flash, knocking him down, standing over him, shouting, shaking his fist, cussing a blue streak!

"Consarn it, you ungrateful little son of a gun! I spend all that money to send you to that college, and they fill your head with all them durn fool notions?

"Pie are not squared! Pie are round!

"Cornbread are squared!"

Perhaps that shaped up his son with those points.
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Battle Goddess

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 09:07:24 am »

Perhaps that shaped up his son with those points.
We all might take a moment to mourn the recent passing of Norton Juster, author (among others) of the wonderful The Dot and the Line, which teaches us that "To the vector belong the spoils."

"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 09:14:57 am »
We all might take a moment to mourn the recent passing of Norton Juster, author (among others) of the wonderful The Dot and the Line, which teaches us that "To the vector belong the spoils."

The subject can have great magnitude and certainly direction of some degree.

Offline Faith

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 10:24:29 am »
I'm waiting for 3pm my time to celebrate, for additional accuracy, until 4pm to round it out.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 12:32:12 pm »
I'm waiting for 3pm my time to celebrate, for additional accuracy, until 4pm to round it out.

Okay, sounds good.   Do not though wait until Pi Approximation Day, 22/7.  July 7th.   :)

Chrissy

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 04:01:57 am »

I'm speechless, and that takes some doing.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 05:13:07 pm »

I'm speechless, and that takes some doing.  :laugh:

That said it all!   :)

Thanks for sharing.   :)

Chrissy

Offline Evienne

• Do you mind? This is my personal text >.>
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 03:02:04 pm »
I forgot to wish a happy pi day on here :(
I've done so the last couple years so shame upon me.
Was at my aunts that day with my cousins. They brought pie to eat but I told them that isn't the "pi" that today is about.

But anyways, one of my cousins brought over a VR headset to play on. Was the first time I had gotten the chance to try that. Played a Star Wars game and BeatSaber. I was highly impressed by how real that technology felt. It felt like I was actually there. Very cool.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus abide to the binding of this message to have been abided.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 07:46:52 pm »
Okay, sounds good.   Do not though wait until Pi Approximation Day, 22/7.  July 7th.   :)

Chrissy

Ooops, Don't you mean July 22?  Since  Europeans put the day first then the month and year after that

July 7 is 7/7

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 08:06:15 pm »
Ooops, Don't you mean July 22?  Since  Europeans put the day first then the month and year after that

July 7 is 7/7

Yes, you can edit it for me if you wish.  I meant to say “where July is the 7th month.”

Chrissy

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2021, 04:40:47 am »
Can we all agree that π is just a mathematicians way of saying "I don't know how much one seventh is"? After all, it's dividing the remainder of 1 in 22/7 that causes the dilemma.

Because I'm pretty sure if we had a 700 gram pie and wanted to divide it into seven equal portions, we're all going to expect 100 grams of pi.  :)
Veteran, US Army

Tags: