Author Topic: What a year.  (Read 1291 times)

Offline DawnOday

• Links Administrator
What a year.
« on: March 14, 2021, 08:42:41 pm »
Hey everyone. It's been awhile. I have been in and out of the hospital this last year. Nothing real severe just old age I guess. Besides not seeing my friends. I've missed my family as well. But now I am vaccinated and ready to go. I had a swallowing problem and was unable to eat for about three months. The epiglottis would not shut properly to keep liquid from going into my lungs. My Mother in Law died in July, My brother died a year ago February. But I can still count my blessings and there are many. Mainly my family has allowed me to be me basically. I now have hair to below my shoulders. My face is more femme than at first. I have quite a few new transgender/transexual friends. Which is amazing because for years I thought there were very few people out there like me.
I hope you all are in good spirits despite the pandemic. With an actual President I see quite a bit of progress to be made. To the new folks, I say welcome. You've come to the right place. Now send Susan your love so she can keep this wonderful site operating. Without this site I would never have been as blessed as I have been. Friends here before me. Thank you for making me a better person.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

Offline Maid Marion

Re: What a year.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 09:00:48 pm »
Hi DawnOday,

Thanks for the update.
I've made an appointment for the first of two Covid shots tomorrow at a nearby pharmacy.

I've also grown out my hair.  It is wavy so it as about the same length as yours.

Marion

Offline DawnOday

• Links Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 10:42:26 pm »
Glad you are getting the covid vaccines. I don't know why so many people are scared for it as the SARS vaccine it is created out of has been around for almost twenty years.
It's nice to have the hair. I thought my grey hair would be a problem but dang sister. It looks good. Dr. Ben was commenting on it yesterday. It's so neat when people notice you. I'm usually the tallest person in the room so people tended to cringe when they see me. But lately I've gotten a lot of compliments even from cis women. I've never been happier than these last five years.
Dawn Oday

Start HRT Aug 2016

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 12:40:49 am »
Dawn, hello, good to hear from you. Your photo looks great. Your face is very feminine.

I got my second Covid vaccination a week ago. I look forward to visiting family soon. I think I'll get my ears pierced too.

I hope things continue on track for you, with lots of friends.
Randy

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 07:09:06 am »
That cringe had nothing to do with your height.
That was people sensing your unhappiness.

Now that you are happy that is the first thing that people notice when the see you!
Congratulations!

In my line of work I use my femininity to advantage by realizing that men are only to happy to explain things to women. I can get past the buzz words and figure out exactly what the situation is if I'm patient and steer the conversation as needed.

If I follow the usual procedure of asking questions it often doesn't end well.  Stuff is too complicated and things go badly when folks don't know the answers.  I think you also have the ability to remember details and organize what you heard as the conversation progresses.

Marion

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 06:17:13 pm »
@DawnOday
Dear Dawn:
I really miss seeing your frequent postings on the Forums. 
I hope and trust that you are doing OK and staying healthy and safe.
I will be eagerly looking forward to seeing reading your future postings.
Now, for the other reason I posted on your thread.

=========================
I am wishing YOU
....a very :icon_flower: :icon_flower: Happy Birthday :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
I hope that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

***NOTE: On your October 26th  birthday be certain to check your profile for a special birthday surprise! :)

HUGS, Warm regards and best wishes on your special day and birthday.
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline DawnOday

• Links Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 12:28:26 pm »
NWG   It has been an exciting year, a tragic year, a hopeful year. One of the best of my life. I'm sorry for disappearing but there are many things going on. I have made the most wonderful friends. One is especially wonderful to me. We just spent a week in Vegas with the Viva Wildside girls. I have had some good news and bad. My brother died this last year. My support groups are meeting live again. Tonight we have our Christmas party.  Finding out I am on the autism spectrum has helped me establish friendships. Something I was always unable to do. Today I have a group of people I share something in common with. Ties that bind. I am truly blessed by these wonderful people. Like I said this has been one of the best of my life. Jo is beginning to understand this was not a choice, but a I had too to keep my sanity moves. I have had several health issues that I thought might be the end but survived. I am not the brightest bulb on the tree. But as long as I am alive, if I can convince others that their lives are important and they have to acknowledge who they actually are then I have paid it back. Just like my first transgender friend Chriss-Deee who advised me when I came out.
Dawn Oday

Start HRT Aug 2016

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 01:48:15 pm »
Hi Dawn Oday,

Thanks for the update! 

I also thought I might be on the autism spectrum but I'm finding that I do a great job of socializing with a female presentation.  More likely I fell into the dreaded "uncanny valley" between male and female and that was my big socialization issue.  I've had clues like folks "tagging" me as female from my speech and mannerisms at parties and using female references before I switched to a female presentation.

Marion

Tags: