Author Topic: Bummer.....Sort of  (Read 175 times)

Offline Artesia

• Family
Bummer.....Sort of
« on: March 24, 2021, 10:19:52 am »
So, my preferred school declined my admittance into it's program :icon_cry: but did not elaborate on why it was declined.  The good thing is that it's sibling facility has sent an email asking me to apply there, and said the information I provided to the main campus showed that I would most likely qualify to go there.  I have also received requests to apply for admittance into three other schools.  The issue, I just signed a year lease at my apartment that I can not afford to leave and move into another one elsewhere at the same time.  Each school is quite a distance from where I live.  Being in Indiana, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Massachusetts.  The one in Indiana is the closest, but is still ~3 hours away.   So starting to work on my doctorate is going to have to be postponed until next year.  I am happy that there are schools interested in me, but saddened that I can not make that kind of move this year.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Bummer.....Sort of
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 12:52:33 pm »
@Artesia
Dear Artesia:
I can fully understand (first-hand) your frustration and disappointments regarding your school choices and the possible and difficult relocation decisions that you will be faced with.

You obviously know your situation better than anyone else and you have to make these decisions based on all the factors that will be best for you.

I am wishing you success, and wishing you well with your future and with your Doctorate plans.
Please continue to keep me and the rest of your follower updated as you feel comfortable doing.

HUGS and more HUGS, 
Danielle

So, my preferred school declined my admittance into it's program :icon_cry: but did not elaborate on why it was declined.  The good thing is that it's sibling facility has sent an email asking me to apply there, and said the information I provided to the main campus showed that I would most likely qualify to go there.  I have also received requests to apply for admittance into three other schools.  The issue, I just signed a year lease at my apartment that I can not afford to leave and move into another one elsewhere at the same time.  Each school is quite a distance from where I live.  Being in Indiana, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Massachusetts.  The one in Indiana is the closest, but is still ~3 hours away.   So starting to work on my doctorate is going to have to be postponed until next year.  I am happy that there are schools interested in me, but saddened that I can not make that kind of move this year.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Tags: