Author Topic: How do you deal with vaginal smell/itching ?  (Read 929 times)

Offline Ange

• Tomboy MtF
  • Friend
  • Yuri poweeeer :-) Materialize !
How do you deal with vaginal smell/itching ?
« on: March 26, 2021, 08:37:35 am »
Hey,

I've been post-op for 5 years now. I occasionally have itching/smell, not a bad smell necessarily but it can be strong, and it changes over time. (can be like butter one day, and metallic the day after) Sometimes it will be odorless and normal for one year or two, sometimes it won't stop itching for months. Sometimes the inside smells bad but not the outside.

My first girlfriend after SRS told me I tasted like strawberry haha. The most recent one told me I had no taste and no odor.

I've been tested several times, I don't have any STD. I do have sex with a lot (?) of different girls though.

Usually, vaginal probiotics help solve the issue. But not every time.

Thus I'm curious : does it happen to you also ? how do you deal with it ?
Tell me what your definition of "man" and "woman" is, I'll tell you which I am. Not the other way around.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: How do you deal with vaginal smell/itching ?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 03:52:28 pm »
@Ange
What you described is something that many women will deal with from time to time.  Lots of over the counter products available for feminine hygiene and vaginal deodorant, and also yeast infections remedies.   
If this persists then perhaps a visit to your doctor would be your next good move.

My first girlfriend after SRS told me I tasted like strawberry haha. The most recent one told me I had no taste and no odor.

Hmmm... Strawberries ? !  :)

HUGS,
Danielle

Hey,

I've been post-op for 5 years now. I occasionally have itching/smell, not a bad smell necessarily but it can be strong, and it changes over time. (can be like butter one day, and metallic the day after) Sometimes it will be odorless and normal for one year or two, sometimes it won't stop itching for months. Sometimes the inside smells bad but not the outside.

I've been tested several times, I don't have any STD. I do have sex with a lot (?) of different girls though.

Usually, vaginal probiotics help solve the issue. But not every time.

Thus I'm curious : does it happen to you also ? how do you deal with it ?
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 06:35:08 am »
Angie,

Vaginas need care and personal hygiene to stay healthy. We do what we need to do. If a douche is called for, then douche. It is no big deal. Many women douche on occasion.

All vaginas are colonized with bacteria. Some are helpful and others are not. When the not so helpful bacteria predominate, then just clean your vagina. This is the proper thing to do.

All vaginas have their own charactistics odor. Many times we have a pleasant odor and usually this has no adverse consequence. If the odor is offensive, your body is telling you something, like Clean me now!  :o

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline warlockmaker

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 10:10:20 pm »
Females tend to be much more aware of hygene than men. In Asia all our home bathrooms have some bidet system and malls have the japanese toilet with a bidet.This keeps the outside vagina odors away. Also, because of the hot weather we all shower at least once a day.

Our diet also contributes to the odors we emit. Try eating alot of curry and ask a partner if you are emitying an odor. Spices and red meat gives our body odor a strong smell. This affects the urine smell, which in turn affects the vagina.

Odors from inside the vagina, if you dont have an infection, just douche.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 02:01:11 am by warlockmaker »
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 12:15:08 pm »
Hi Ange, I have heard eating yogurt with live culture (bacteria) helps but I do not know.

I had a bad odor one time and i went to Papillion to have it checked out. It was a hair that I must have got in there when dilating. It was located in the back. The odor stopped when the hair was removed.

I have a 7 inch shower attachment I can use to clean and flush out my vagina if it happens again. I highly recommend one that can be shut off inserted to the back and turned on. Whatever you do you do not want to get water up your urethra. it can cause a UTI. I never had to use it for smell after the one use post the hair removal.

When your girlfriend said it smelled like strawberries where you eating strawberries? I had a guinea pig once and fed her lots of fruit and strawberries were her favorite. Her poop smelled like strawberries (from a distance).

MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Idontknowbutiwould

• Following my dream
  • Neighbor
  • A little kid living adulthood
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 07:42:11 pm »
I use Vagisil hygiene odor block or CumLaude probiotic chlorexidine gel. Clean my vagina with baby wipes. I don't douche because I don't want to lose my vaginal flora, they dry me out
18 years old.

2008: Put a wig on primary school
2014: Coming out to my family
2016: Puberty blockers
2017: Real life experience
2018: Breast augmentation with paternal consent
2019: Identity document changed
2020: Getting my SRS and FFS? I hope

Offline OldSchool

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 05:17:37 pm »
Boric acid suppositories.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 05:50:12 pm »
Controlling vaginal odors:

Practice good hygiene. Bathe the area between your legs every day
   ...and after using the toilet if necessary.
Use only external deodorizing products. ...
Change your underwear daily if not more often if needed.
     (Note: I always have in my purse a spare panty I keep in a zip-lock bag.)

... then if all else fails:
Prescription treatments>>>
Bacterial vaginosis — an overgrowth of normally occurring vaginal bacteria
can be the most common vaginal infection that causes a vaginal odor.
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 06:40:55 pm »
Boric acid suppositories.

This treatment is definitely old school. Yes, they do provide a mildly acid environment for the vagina, which suppress bacteria growth, but there are many better products available today.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: