Community Conversation > Coming out of the closet

Telling my dad im trans

<< < (2/4) > >>

Chelsealouise:
My dad can be a very rude person at times.for example when my younger brother
came out as gay a few years ago dad called him every name under the sun.god knows
what hes going to say to me now im a woman

Sephirah:

--- Quote from: Oldandcreaky on March 30, 2021, 08:21:08 pm ---"...be as loving and caring as possible...." =/= "I'll just dump everything on you and how you deal with it isn't my problem."

--- End quote ---

Um... no, of course it doesn't. I wasn't referencing anyone else. I was drawing on my own experience. There was a time in my life where I was very numb to the world, and to other people. Very laissez-faire when it came to feelings. That was a dark time in my life. One which took me a while to get over... and realise how destructive it is. Yet at the time it felt like the most normal thing in the world. Sorry if that wasn't clear. :)

--- Quote from: Chelsealouise on March 31, 2021, 01:23:39 pm ---My dad can be a very rude person at times.for example when my younger brother
came out as gay a few years ago dad called him every name under the sun.god knows
what hes going to say to me now im a woman

--- End quote ---

Chelsea, do you think it might be better to come out to him through a medium where he can't shout and scream at you face to face? A lot of people here choose to come out to people via a written medium, like a letter or email. Maybe the best thing for you to do is to write everything down that you want to say to him, and... if you're concerned about him going nuclear at you, give him time to read and digest things before you have a conversation in person.

This has the advantage that you're not on the back foot, and trying to think what to say when you have someone asking you a million questions (or calling you a million names). It gives you space to put down everything you want to say in the way you want to say it.

Even if you do want the first time to be face to face... write it down anyway. Everything you want to say, and how you want to say it. Just so you're not trying to think on the fly while emotions are running high. Organise your thoughts and how you want to approach the subject. That in itself can be helpful before you even say anything.

Whatever happens, I wish you the best and I hope you two can have a relationship moving forwards.

*extra big hugs*

Chelsealouise:
Thanks for the advice i sent him an email explaining
And havent had a reply yet. Although they do say
No news is good news

ChrissyRyan:
Good luck!  I hope this turns out well.  :)

Chrissy

Battle Goddess:

--- Quote from: Chelsealouise on April 02, 2021, 09:20:46 am ---Thanks for the advice i sent him an email explaining
And havent had a reply yet. Although they do say
No news is good news

--- End quote ---
Yep, you never know. Just as it can take us a while to come to terms with our own identities, it can take others time, too.

Wishing you the best!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version