Author Topic: Visualising Post Op  (Read 362 times)

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
Visualising Post Op
« on: April 02, 2021, 12:22:21 am »
Hi all,

Now I have a date for my Gender Surgery (12 Jan 2022) I am starting to visualise my post-operation life. It like a switch has been flicked and my brain is free to visualise what it has wanted since I was an early teen. The main difference is that now I have a date to make that a reality.

Is this a common experience. Is it my head trying to get around what is about to happen?

Alice

Offline Danielle93

Re: Visualising Post Op
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 07:04:29 am »
Wow that is so wonderful for you. I hope all goes well.
Facebook.com/DanielYared1993

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 07:55:56 am »
Hi all,

Now I have a date for my Gender Surgery (12 Jan 2022) I am starting to visualise my post-operation life. It like a switch has been flicked and my brain is free to visualise what it has wanted since I was an early teen. The main difference is that now I have a date to make that a reality.

Is this a common experience. Is it my head trying to get around what is about to happen?

Alice

Yes, it is. Many of us have a similar or the same experience.

Speaking for myself, once I had the date and all medical clearances, the pathway to my inner most self became reality. It was an extremely exciting time for me.

I must mention one caution, though. The only thing post op that really changed was that my gender dysphoria was completely gone. I looked the same, mostly, except for the genitals. My personal situation was the same. The only thing that really changed was that I became who I was in my self awareness. I felt wonderful. Yes, I needed more things done to enhance my appearance. I did those things as time and finances allowed.

I was now complete, if that makes sense. It is hard to explain, but many of us post op gals understand. I am sure you will be feeling the same very soon.

Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 04:19:33 pm »
Yes, it is. Many of us have a similar or the same experience.

Speaking for myself, once I had the date and all medical clearances, the pathway to my inner most self became reality. It was an extremely exciting time for me.

I must mention one caution, though. The only thing post op that really changed was that my gender dysphoria was completely gone. I looked the same, mostly, except for the genitals. My personal situation was the same. The only thing that really changed was that I became who I was in my self awareness. I felt wonderful. Yes, I needed more things done to enhance my appearance. I did those things as time and finances allowed.

I was now complete, if that makes sense. It is hard to explain, but many of us post op gals understand. I am sure you will be feeling the same very soon.

Take care.  :-*

Rakel,

Thank you for your reply, I am glad others had had a similar experience.

I have been working on changing my appearance for a long time. It started with my hair at least 5 years ago and my hair growth will be ongoing post-op. There is a possibility I will get hair transplants in the future but I am anticipating and Facial Surgery.

Alice

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 07:30:10 am »
I had GCS in January...yes, I was very happy with the physical change and this was a really personally important step for me in my transition. But so far, the biggest thing for me from the surgery was that it was the last surgery that I am doing, which meant that I could emotionally move on to my post-transition life and start re-building my social life.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Tags: