Author Topic: How to wear a swimsuit while pre-op?  (Read 704 times)

Offline Annaiyah

• Friend
  • A girl with no past but a present and a future
How to wear a swimsuit while pre-op?
« on: April 02, 2021, 01:30:01 pm »
Hello everyone! Can't believe it's been 16 months since my last time posting!  :o

Anyhow, thinking far into the future, this will be a long-term thing but I want to start taking swim classes and also going to public pools and water parks because it's a summer activity I love doing.

Now here's the thing, I'm still pre-op and anticipate i still will be at the time I start going to pools and water parks. Not only this but I LOVE one-piece swimsuits. I prefer 1-pieces over 2-pieces. That's just my preference but I guess it'd be the very same process with a two-piece swimsuit. I DESIRE to wear one-piece swimsuits. So... all that being said is there a best way to safely tuck properly too ascertain nothing falls out mid-swim or until I am fully ready and okay to remove my swimsuit... in the privacy OF the privacy of the women's locker & shower rooms?

Of course if anything were to accidentally slip out it'd be a nightmare. I'd rather my boob fall out of my swimsuit in a public pool than anything else...  :-X
They say identity theft is a crime. Well, needless to say, a crime has been committed. My identity has been stolen. No, no one knows my social security number or has my credit card. I'm walking around in the wrong body. I'm wearing a costume which I cannot remove... and the only way I can remove that costume, is through surgery

Offline Pammie

Re: How to wear a swimsuit while pre-op?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 01:34:01 pm »
Hello everyone! Can't believe it's been 16 months since my last time posting!  :o

Anyhow, thinking far into the future, this will be a long-term thing but I want to start taking swim classes and also going to public pools and water parks because it's a summer activity I love doing.

Now here's the thing, I'm still pre-op and anticipate i still will be at the time I start going to pools and water parks. Not only this but I LOVE one-piece swimsuits. I prefer 1-pieces over 2-pieces. That's just my preference but I guess it'd be the very same process with a two-piece swimsuit. I DESIRE to wear one-piece swimsuits. So... all that being said is there a best way to safely tuck properly too ascertain nothing falls out mid-swim or until I am fully ready and okay to remove my swimsuit... in the privacy OF the privacy of the women's locker & shower rooms?

Of course if anything were to accidentally slip out it'd be a nightmare. I'd rather my boob fall out of my swimsuit in a public pool than anything else...  :-X
For years I wore swim skorts - one piece bathing costumes are risky tbh!.
I wear a pair of gaffs underneath my swimsuit now and am Uber confident! Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Annaiyah

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 01:37:51 pm »
For years I wore swim skorts - one piece bathing costumes are risky tbh!.
I wear a pair of gaffs underneath my swimsuit now and am Uber confident! Hope that helps

I think i can look into that! Thanks for your reply. I was starting to think i should probably wait until my bottom surgery.
They say identity theft is a crime. Well, needless to say, a crime has been committed. My identity has been stolen. No, no one knows my social security number or has my credit card. I'm walking around in the wrong body. I'm wearing a costume which I cannot remove... and the only way I can remove that costume, is through surgery

Offline Pammie

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 02:06:49 pm »
I think i can look into that! Thanks for your reply. I was starting to think i should probably wait until my bottom surgery.

If I had the money I’d get GCS tomorrow but, as always, YMMV. We all have our own paths don’t we.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 02:19:37 pm »
@barbie may be able to answer this question well.

Perhaps she will see this thread.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 05:45:52 am »

Hey, Annaiyah.    I actually found a one-piece swimsuit where the bottom has 'boy shorts.'   
I don't think it's going to completely hide everything, but I'm pretty confident nothing will slip out, so that may be something to look at.
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 09:19:55 am »
I would try wearing a thong underneath the swimsuit.
It provides more "plausible deniability" if someone sees it as it is something a GG would wear.

Marion

Offline Annaiyah

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 01:24:55 pm »
Hey, Annaiyah.    I actually found a one-piece swimsuit where the bottom has 'boy shorts.'   
I don't think it's going to completely hide everything, but I'm pretty confident nothing will slip out, so that may be something to look at.

Yeah, thanks for the input but I'd much rather wear something that looks like this:

But to everyone else who replied with input thanks for taking out the time to read and reply but I feel like at this juncture and based on my personal preferences I'd much prefer to wait until I have my bottom surgery so I don't have to worry about "falling out" unless it's my boobs lol. Either that or I may just use a tucking gaffe. I am sure even that has its risks but in terms of going to a public or crowded pool, beach, or waterpark I might just wait till I have my SRS bottom surgery or just find an LGBT-friendly location to go swimming at. Again, thanks.

Offline ChelseaAnn

• Friend
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 11:23:36 am »
I would love to wear at least a one piece. I've just got nothing up top (pre everything here). I wore a bikini once, but it was at a campground that was basically a clothing optional, mostly gay environment. But people there made me feel welcome as Chelsea.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

http://chelseatransition.blogspot.com/

MTF, transitioning in 2015

Offline DKTGSupport

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 01:41:55 pm »

Have you considered a bikini with skirt ?
"I wish there was another sex, a neutral one. One with no parts. One that was outside of the whole reproduction thing. Then people would never even see me as an option. That would be really nice."

Genderrelated accounts : AVEN / Youtube

Offline sarahann123

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 09:18:18 am »
Hi Annaiyah,

I'm still pre and have been swimming and going to the beach in a one piece (I too love one piece suits). I do a quick tuck and that is it. What I have found is that when swimming at the pool I do like any other woman and slip out of my top and bottoms, put on a cap, and swim. No one is looking down there as you are in the water doing your thing.  I just don't change in the women's locker room yet.

At the beach I have found again, no one is looking there as long as you are decently tucked. Darker suits tend to hide things better. I also like to wear a cute beach hat and big sunglasses to complete the look.

It was scary at first but once I got over that I realized I was blending and wasn't getting any odd looks. I have caught the occasional guy checking me out and that has been flattering :)

Sarah

Offline Annaiyah

• Friend
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 11:21:45 pm »
I would love to wear at least a one piece. I've just got nothing up top (pre everything here). I wore a bikini once, but it was at a campground that was basically a clothing optional, mostly gay environment. But people there made me feel welcome as Chelsea.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well, you had the luxury of being at a mostly-gay environment so of course they'd be welcoming to a pre-everything trans person wearing a bikini. I can't say you'd have that same warm welcome at a non-LGBT function. BTW do you mean "clothing optional" as a wear-whatever-you-want-type thing? I'm sure the answer to that question is yes, but I'm just seeking that clarity.

Have you considered a bikini with skirt ?

No. I never even thought of it. As I said, I prefer one-piece bathing suits over two-pieces or bikinis. I have seen one-pieces with the skirt that I don't really care for but the bikini with a skirt, is not something I heard of. I know it's a bathing suit and the place you're wearing it to it would be welcomed attire but I'm not a fan of bikinis and two-piece swimsuits because I feel like I'm out and about in just my bra and underwear and that's an uncomfortable thing to ponder. Plus it's more revealing because, you know, I'm not entirely comfortable with my whole mid-section completely exposed and whatnot. I guess with the bikini with a skirt, it's exactly that. A bikini bra with a skirt and my bikini bottom under it. I guess if i wore a white shirt, with a two-piece bikini/swimsuit under that THEN get in the pool or beach water, I'd be open to that. I'd just feel naked with a two-piece and just a two piece. UNLESS, unless... you ever see women wear what looks like scarves around their waists when they're in their swimsuits (one- or two-piece)? I like the idea of having that on because that might provide a little more coverage, both for my mid-section and my genital region. Thanks for the idea of the bikini and skirt!  ;)

Hi Annaiyah,

I'm still pre and have been swimming and going to the beach in a one piece (I too love one piece suits). I do a quick tuck and that is it. What I have found is that when swimming at the pool I do like any other woman and slip out of my top and bottoms, put on a cap, and swim. No one is looking down there as you are in the water doing your thing.  I just don't change in the women's locker room yet.

At the beach I have found again, no one is looking there as long as you are decently tucked. Darker suits tend to hide things better. I also like to wear a cute beach hat and big sunglasses to complete the look.

It was scary at first but once I got over that I realized I was blending and wasn't getting any odd looks. I have caught the occasional guy checking me out and that has been flattering :)

Sarah

Sarah, I was just going to ask if you pass well but in your post you already pre-answered that question for me. Do you have breasts? Well, I mean, humans, male or female, have breasts but have yours grown to the extent where they're womanly or do you have implants? Mine are still in the AA or I guess borderline-B cup range but my chest still looks like a man's chest if I took my shirts off, you know what I mean? But I THINK with my natural growth as of yet I could get away with a bathing suit without getting clocked.

Also, I guess the thing of it is, you wanna make sure you're not falling out of your swimsuit because that can not only be downright embarrassing but also quite dangerous as you could be at the beach or the pool with anti-LGBT people and not know who they are and might want to attack you if they find something like that out. I don't know how easy it is to slip out of the crotch area of your swimsuit and I never wore a gaffe before but I have had times when I was showing under my leggings on a subway train and it was an uncomfortable experience for me. Not to mention you're in water when at the beach or the pool and of course obviously water makes everything slippery when wet so if you're pre you really gotta make sure you're secure. I think a waterproof gaffe would do the trick.

Whose changing area are you going into? Me personally I've had times when I don't wanna use the women's restroom and moreover I for certain don't want to use the men's so when in doubt, I use a gender-neutral or even family restroom whenever possible. I know with a family bathroom you're supposed to be... well... a family, as in multiple people, preferably adults and their elementary-school-aged children so I suppose I'm breaking the rules in that regard but hey better safe than sorry.

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 11:49:57 pm »
It sort of depends on how old you are.  At my age (58), a tankini top with a black swim skirt would probably be fine.  Younger people tend to wear more revealing swim suits, which makes concealment more problematic. 

But, a one piece swim dress might be ok.  And, board shorts with a top might be good at any age.

Offline Danielle93

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2021, 05:34:59 pm »
I heard you wear underwear a few sizes too small.
Facebook.com/DanielYared1993

Offline Emileeeee

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2021, 10:04:30 pm »
There are bathing suits that look like skirts over top of shorts. The shorts are hidden. That's what I wore. I got some really bright colors on the one I got so it didn't look so old ladyish.

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 12:12:03 am »
A skirtini?

Offline clemenza

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 02:14:26 pm »
It sort of depends on how old you are.  At my age (58), a tankini top with a black swim skirt would probably be fine.  Younger people tend to wear more revealing swim suits, which makes concealment more problematic. 

But, a one piece swim dress might be ok.  And, board shorts with a top might be good at any age.

I have a neighbor I know, who is 66 years old, who wears a bikini and pareo, this style of clothing is actually normal.

Tags: