Author Topic: How long do your frequently worn bras last?  (Read 1265 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: How long do your frequently worn bras last?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2021, 01:15:38 pm »
I have yet to wear out a bra before I've outgrown it, so its hard to tell.  I have ended up needing larger ones every 2-3 years...   ::)

I do the weekly washing on delicate and lay them out to dry on a towel.  Washing them on delicate in a garment bag seems to keep them looking great, and giving them at least a 3-4 day rest after each use seems to keep the elastic in good shape.

I've come to use cut and sewn bras nearly exclusively, and tend to shy away from lace.  Satin fabric in solid colors has been my "go to" as of late.  They don't fade, feel good on the skin, and doesn't show through my tops/dresses like most of the stuff with frills and lace.  And I stick with the standard hook and eye fasteners in the back...  Mostly because there aren't too many other options when it comes to retro styles.

Although I have yet to wear out any of my brassieres, but I'd say I've gotten my money out them because I have enjoyed wearing them (and bonus points when they got too small).  I do hate buying new ones though... I have such a hard time ponying up the $500 every time I have to update my lingerie drawer.  I have yet to find a bra that was under $50... more like $60-90, and they never go on sale.   :-\

It is nice when they do go on sale.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: