Author Topic: Fat Grafting for BA  (Read 622 times)

Offline RCummings

Fat Grafting for BA
« on: April 06, 2021, 04:49:16 pm »
*** I corrected the post. There is a 30% loss and not 70%,

Has anyone considered fat grafting for BA's? To me it seems to be the way to go. The process uses liposuction to harvest the fat from various areas of the body and it is then 'purified' before it is injected into the breast tissue. The one drawback that I have found is the approximately 30% of the harvested fat dies off. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 07:09:59 pm by RCummings »

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
Re: Fat Grafting for BA
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 04:56:27 pm »
My daughter in law had her cancerous replaced using the fat transfer method. Her results are so-so and I do not think that it was a satisfactory, visually, end result. So, talk to more than one doctor to find out all the details, how they final product will look and what about future refills to end up where your own vision and mind tells you that you want to be.

Good luck and please keep us up to date about what you find out.  I had implants and am not satisfied with my end results.  IOt can happen to anyone.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline RCummings

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 07:13:37 pm »
Allie - Thank you for the info. Fortunately, I am an Engineer and need data to make an informed decision. Anything can be presented to look rosy.. I will always remember what my father said "Figures can lie and liars can figure".

Becky

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 08:01:36 pm »
The amount of fat loss after grafting really depends on how well the surgeon harvested the fat, but the figures you quoted of 30 to 50% seem about right for most surgeons. At least that is what they told me when I did my consults.

Another issue is the final shape of the augmented breast. The surgeons I consulted with all said that they can give their patients a much better shape with implants instead of fat transfer. You just have to ask questions during your consult and make your own decision.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline RCummings

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 04:42:30 pm »
I scheduled an inperson consultation for Apr 22. My list of questions is growing extensive.  ;D

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 06:20:45 pm »
Make sure you ask about getting refills as the fat reabsorbs into the body.  Good luck.
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 05:37:36 pm »
There’s few surgeons that are any good at this, hence the variety of stories you’ll hear.

Offline RCummings

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 04:51:40 pm »
Thank you all for the input. The 22nd will be an enlightening day. I see the plastic surgeon in the morning about the fat grafting BA and hopefully get my letter for my orchi in the afternoon....

Offline RCummings

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 06:20:43 pm »
I had my consultation and I have to say I am impressed. The staff was gracious (I did not get the snickers that I have gotten during other consultations). The surgeon seems to be on his game. I asked him point blank what will the BA outcome be and he said "not as good as implants" but my shape will yield a shape that is round and natural which is what I would like to have up top. I asked about cup size and he said he will graft as much as he can but given my shape they should come in at a solid B+ or perhaps a solid C when everything is all said and done. I don't think he is telling me what I want to hear. Either way there needs to be some trust. If needed I can get a 'top off' after 6 months. The rest of the upper body shape should be feminine and curvy. The also have transgender experience as they work with the Meltzer clinic. I also got the go ahead to schedule my consultation for my orchi my doc will provide the letter when needed. All I need to do is ask.The Meltzer clinic has my insurance info and I will be scheduling my consultation with them.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 05:05:39 pm by RCummings »

Offline RCummings

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 08:18:16 am »
Upon significant reflection I have decided to move forward with the fat grafting breast augmentation. I realize this is not same as breast implants but I have concerns with the implants themselves. I am also going to have some body sculpting completed to give me a more feminine hour glass figure. The have to get the fat from somewhere and I might as well get   benefit. There will be two procedures due to the amount of fat removed and still be considered out-patient surgery. I have scheduled May 24th and June 7th. Aside from the BA they will sculpt the waste and abdomen, front bra roll (close to the armpits), lower abs and hips during the first procedure. The second procedure will focus on the back bra rolls, the waste and hip area. I have also asked for them to make my tush a tad rounder vs a square. At the end of the day I should have a nice feminine hourglass figure. I will take plenty of before and after pics. Needless to say I am quite excited about this.

I just realized this is 5 weeks away!

Offline RCummings

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 04:53:55 pm »
Officially one week out. I have received one phone call for some meds (antibiotics) and I have picked up some CBD Gummies (I hope it is ok to state this) for any discomfort. They say to use Tylenol/Motrin for discomfort which should be minor. More to follow.

Offline RCummings

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 02:25:22 pm »
Upon significant reflection I have decided to move forward with the fat grafting breast augmentation. I realize this is not same as breast implants but I have concerns with the implants themselves. I am also going to have some body sculpting completed to give me a more feminine hour glass figure. The have to get the fat from somewhere and I might as well get   benefit. There will be two procedures due to the amount of fat removed and still be considered out-patient surgery. I have scheduled May 24th and June 7th. Aside from the BA they will sculpt the waste and abdomen, front bra roll (close to the armpits), lower abs and hips during the first procedure. The second procedure will focus on the back bra rolls, the waste and hip area. I have also asked for them to make my tush a tad rounder vs a square. At the end of the day I should have a nice feminine hourglass figure. I will take plenty of before and after pics. Needless to say I am quite excited about this.

I just realized this is 5 weeks away!

Becky

Tags: