Community Conversation > Significant Others talk

Practical Clothing Guidance?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Devlyn:

--- Quote from: Aarbie890 on April 10, 2021, 07:40:28 am ---These are all great suggestions, thank you!  You are helping turn something that seem like a huge obstacle into something manageable.  We can do this...

--- End quote ---

That's the spirit!  :)

Hugs, Devlyn

Maid Marion:
Yes, prioritize and chip away at what she needs step by step.
I wore feminine tops with my old black dress pants. 
I figured the colorful tops draw all the attention anyway so I could hold off on figuring out what pants to buy.

Marion

Anastasia:
I understand needing to try things on first! The larger stores have closed the fitting rooms, but many of the smaller stores have not. By large, I mean square footage and national presence. Victorias secret has closed fitting rooms, but Soma, same size store but less popular, is open. The smaller, "filler" stores in a mall seem to be mostly open, with restrictions. Weekday mornings are very slow and you can easily be the only ones shopping the store and keep your exposure low.

Sizing is tricky too. I wear 2x sizes, but L-3x work, depending on style. Wal-marts clothes, while getting nicer, are cut with larger breasts for larger sizes. Target largely forgets about the larger sizes. Kohls seems to work best for me size/shape wise. Of course, if your husband isn't a larger size, this doesn't matter, lol.

I first tried on womens clothes at the store, 15,20  years ago and was treated... poorly. Lately, I have been well treated. There is no reason to not try on clothes before buying, but everybody's comfort level is different. Only once has a customer been bothered by my presence, and she quickly realized I wasn't the weirdo she expected. I'll admit, I am a little on the strange side, but you only realize that once you get to know me!  :D

RandiL:
Also separate tops and bottoms, much like what Marion said, are the way to go at first. I am US size 14 up top, and 8 on the bottom.

Thrift shops were how I got started but I understand the difficulty with isolating.

I hope you can have fun with this.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

RandiL:

--- Quote from: Anastasia on April 10, 2021, 04:22:43 pm ---... Only once has a customer been bothered by my presence, and she quickly realized I wasn't the weirdo she expected. ...

--- End quote ---
I ran into a couple of co-workers at a thrift store while I was trying on dresses, before I was out. It was like, oh well might as well own up to it. We had a good time looking at ourselves and each other in the same mirror. "Oh that one looks good on you."

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version