Author Topic: Coming out exhaustion and transitioning to my new life.  (Read 320 times)

Online Rebecca28

Coming out exhaustion and transitioning to my new life.
« on: April 24, 2021, 04:17:16 pm »

Did anyone else have an emotional drop and fall into exhaustion after coming completely out? After telling my dad. I was exhausted completely for at least 6 days. I think after spending my life looking over my shoulder and living a double life to finally be free. Just hit me hard emotionally in ways I could not have anticipated. I am learning who i am for the first time.  Realizing nowI am free to be me has just been huge and powerful mentally. I have never seen anything written on this before. It’s literally taking a life time to come to this place and point. I had my blood work checked and it all came back the best it’s been in years. I lived a double life for 40 years and that came to a screeching halt 2 weeks ago. I love being free!! Any advice is appreciated. Hugs Rebecca

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Coming out exhaustion and transitioning to my new life.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 04:59:40 pm »
@Rebecca28
Dear Rebecca:
I find your account of what you experienced when finally coming out very interesting ...
... I can personally testify from my own experience that I had a very good experience .... as I came out and eventually became Full-Time it was like a big heavy weight was lifted off of my shoulders.  I felt free and mentally refreshed and was then able to enjoy my life without having double life to deal with.
Thank you for sharing and posting.
HUGS,
Danielle

Did anyone else have an emotional drop and fall into exhaustion after coming completely out? After telling my dad. I was exhausted completely for at least 6 days. I think after spending my life looking over my shoulder and living a double life to finally be free. Just hit me hard emotionally in ways I could not have anticipated. I am learning who i am for the first time.  Realizing nowI am free to be me has just been huge and powerful mentally. I have never seen anything written on this before. It’s literally taking a life time to come to this place and point. I had my blood work checked and it all came back the best it’s been in years. I lived a double life for 40 years and that came to a screeching halt 2 weeks ago. I love being free!! Any advice is appreciated. Hugs Rebecca
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 05:58:37 pm »
Coming out to parents is a BIG event in a trans person's life, especially for us older trans folks who have known for a long time. People like us have been thinking about how to come out to our parents for DECADES! And so it's unquestionably going to be a powerful and exhausting exhausting experience. For those of us who make coming out to the parents one of the first experiences in their transition, it really is the kickoff of transition, and so once you're past that first step, you now have so much to consider about that your future that you hadn't been able to ponder before. Because now, as they say, this s*** is getting real!

tl;dr. Sounds normal to me!

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 06:11:48 pm »
Rebecca,
I can completely relate to the exhaustion of coming out.  I came out to my family about 2 years ago, but the big public coming out was about 11 months ago.  Last June, it felt like all I was doing was coming out and revealing my deepest, darkest secret time and time again.  I had a list of people I needed to tell, and I just emailing and calling and writing people. 

The very last group I told were the folks in my neighborhood, whom I left letters for.  We timed it with a family vacation, so on the way out of town we drove around delivering the last of the letters.  The very last letter felt great.  I realized I had told everyone I felt deserved a personal notification, and the rest of the people would just find out. 

Stay with it, really doesn't get easier, but it will be worth the effort.
Take care,
Jane

June 2021: Orchiectomy
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Online Rebecca28

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 08:43:44 pm »
Sarahc and Jane,

Thank you for relating. I hadn’t read anything about this topic and wasn’t expecting it at all. Thanks for relating your experience with me. This transition has taken its toll and opened my eyes to many things. I am amazed at the many new things I have experienced all ready. Hugs Rebecca

Tags: