Author Topic: Extreme dilation pain  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Emma Landing

• Visitor
Re: Extreme dilation pain
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2021, 01:06:36 pm »
Hi Jane (Lady Grey), thank you for sharing that. It’s encouraging and inspiring that there are often solutions. I’m so glad you got the issue figured out and you’re on your way to being completely healed.

An update on my dilation pain...

My doctors have been aggressively treating the skin granulation - I’ve recently had a couple minor procedures to surgically remove the granulation from within the vagina, and weekly treatments of silver-nitrate. It’s very slowly getting better, but seems to be helping quite a lot with general healing. I still can’t sit down in a normal fashion yet.

I stopped the deep tissue massage therapy for the time being, as there was concern it was aggravating the muscle tissue.

The first muscle relaxant I was prescribed did not help for dilation pain. A couple weeks ago, I was prescribed a nerve blocker, and a muscle-relaxer suppository that I insert into my vagina before dilation. And a lot of ibuprofen. This has helped by numbing the general pain. This has made it a lot less painful to dilate most of the time. Take away the meds, and I can’t dilate any longer, it’s simply too painful and I don’t have anything left in me to push through that much pain any longer. I’m already down to a 1” (25mm) with no lower to go (I was at 1.25” 6 weeks ago). Every day is one dilation at a time.

I met with my surgeons this week and they made a diagnosis. A couple posts above, I mentioned it felt like I was hitting bone when dilating. So… I’m hitting my pelvic bone (not quite literally of course as there’s still a layer of muscle tissue).

I'm scheduled for a "vaginoplasty widening” next month (I wish it was sooner). I got poor grades in anatomy class, so the details are vague to me, but I gather they basically widen the vaginal opening (it will require a skin graft, probably from my hip), and it will hopefully provide enough room for the dilator to avoid pressing up against the bone.

Unfortunately, the surgery isn’t a sure thing - it’s a major surgical procedure and a number of things can go wrong during the recovery and healing, and it simply may not address the issue. If this doesn’t work, I won’t be able to continue to dilate, and I’ll lose my vagina.

I’m hoping for the best. I should know in about 6 weeks whether it was a success.

Thanks again everyone for your sharing, encouragement and kind words. Best wishes to you all.

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
Re: Extreme dilation pain
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2021, 02:50:08 pm »
Emma!

Quite the rough section of road you are on with all this! I’m so sorry and sending good thoughts and prayers for your upcoming procedure!… Stay strong and keep fighting onward brave sister!!!

Hugs!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️❤️🌻
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251753.60.html

Tags: