Author Topic: Huge estrogen changes  (Read 474 times)

Offline transornot

• Visitor
Huge estrogen changes
« on: May 02, 2021, 07:45:08 am »
I have been on my hrt journey for about 5 months now. I have been thru a few dosage and delivery changes.

I had my levels checked 3 months ago and my estrogen level was at 32. Got it checked again yesterday and it is now at 550. That seems really high and a massive spike in 3 months. I do have a dr appt in 2 weeks and it absolutely will be brought up.
It is worth noting that I am not taking spiro.
So what is a standard e level that people shoot for?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 07:59:07 am by Rakel »

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Huge estrogen changes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 07:48:19 am »
Hi!

You might want to visit this thread, as well as numerous others.  You should receive some replies here too.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244695.0.html

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 07:51:06 am »
Here is an entire forum board full of threads that may be useful to you.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,42.0.html

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 08:40:02 am »
... So what is a standard e level that people shoot for?

Most doctors today use Estradiol dosed to a blood level that closely mimics cis female estradiol blood levels.

This blood level can vary depending on the woman's age and if she is pregnant or not. It also varies on a monthly basis, so that absolute matching of a cis woman's blood levels are almost impossible to do. Most doctors try to match a typical cis woman's average blood level. There is still much variation from person to person as well.

Typically blood levels between 100 pg/ml and 400 pg/ml are typical. Temporary excursions to higher blood levels are nothing to worry about because a cis woman's blood levels can go above 1000 pg/ml during pregnancy.

The most important point here is having enough Estradiol to get you where you need to be in terms of transition. Medically speaking this is really Cross Hormone Therapy. CHT first needs to overcome your natural hormone production, then continue to feminize your body. For this reason adjustments need to be continually made, especially in the first year or two of transition. Sometimes higher dosages are needed to get desired results.

After you have been on hormone therapy for a while and especially post GCS, lower dosages may get you to the blood level you need. It is always a good idea to be prescribed the lowest dosage necessary to get you a proper blood level.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 09:55:45 am »
Hello again Transornot

First I wish to confirm my agreement to everything Rakel says in her post above.

You may wish to see my E&T history at reply 356 in my Comparison thread on this HRT Board along with the results of many other Members. My latest E results of 804 (Intl) 219 (US) and 656 (Intl) 179 (US) respectively are satisfactory both to me and to my endo.

Wishing you success and happiness.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Toniluialei

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 10:38:55 am »
As your subject heading is 'Huge Changes' but you don't mention anything about changes in your piece could you perhaps mention something about huge changes - maybe what to expect or your personal experience? Thank you 

Offline RandiL

• Formerly RandyL
  • On the way
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 12:34:03 pm »
My own experience in my first 5 months pretty much matches your experience. It takes a while for levels to settle down. I'm guessing E is low at first because it's fighting your T. But that's a guess

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Forging my new, best life as Randi

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline Myranda

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 03:58:40 pm »
It is hard to say why your estrogen level jump so dramatically over such a short time, especially if as you say, your dose and delivery methods were quite variable over the first 3 months.

Patches and sublinqual seem to give the most steady levels from my understanding.  On the otherhand, injections tends to start out high and then drop off, which is why they usually have you get your blood work done to check your levels halfway between injections.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 08:57:57 pm »
...Patches and sublinqual seem to give the most steady levels from my understanding.  On the otherhand, injections tends to start out high and then drop off, ...

I must disagree with one point here.

Sublingual is the most variable method in terms of a stable blood level. Extreme peaks right after placing a tablet under the tongue and the half-life is very short meaning that the blood level falls rapidly.

You are correct in that patches provide the most uniform blood levels, but injection with Estradiol Valerate is a close second with a long half-life of several days.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Myranda

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 06:45:38 am »
I must disagree with one point here.

Sublingual is the most variable method in terms of a stable blood level. Extreme peaks right after placing a tablet under the tongue and the half-life is very short meaning that the blood level falls rapidly.

You are correct in that patches provide the most uniform blood levels, but injection with Estradiol Valerate is a close second with a long half-life of several days.

Thanks for the clarification Rakel, I guess in looking back at what I wrote and what I was trying to say in relation to the long term, as opposed to the daily levels, but I am certainly not an expert.

Tags: