Author Topic: Does anyone else not dilate?  (Read 618 times)

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
Does anyone else not dilate?
« on: May 03, 2021, 04:33:00 am »
I see so many threads about dilation and I feel an outlier because I don't dilate. I did for the first few months and had several boyfriends for the first couple decades, which is natural dilation, but for decades, I haven't dilated other than perhaps once a year for a couple minutes to see if it's still possible...and it is. It's my understanding that the vaginal canal can close without dilating, but that isn't my experience. For what it's worth, I also don't take estrogen and haven't for decades as my estrogen levels have always been in the low normal range on their own.

Offline Rachel

• Family
Re: Does anyone else not dilate?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 04:18:55 pm »
I have a friend in community that I saw weekly until December when I got sick. She did not dilate and had the vaginal canal reopened. She had a few boyfriends after that. I do not know if she kept up dilation since December.

She stopped dilating about 4 month post GCS and her canal closed. So maybe the length of time the dilation is done has an effect.
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 04:48:19 pm »
Rachel, do you know why the canal would close?

I once told the story of my gynecologist, an esteemed doctor, who helped me with a vaginal bleeding issue. He went inside me with a camera and told me that if I hadn't told him my history, he would have assumed I'd had a hysterectomy. He also told me that my vaginal lining had become a mucus membrane. Well, none of the other mucus membranes in our bodies close, so why would mine or yours or anyone else's?

Offline Karen_A

• Friend
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 04:51:43 pm »
I see so many threads about dilation and I feel an outlier because I don't dilate.

I dilate about as often as you do... I lost some depth from way back when (I had SRS back in 1998) but still have about 5 inches of depth when I do dilate.

I have heard form other long term post-ops that once one is long enough after SRS, stopping dilating won't result in the vaginal canal closing. That is consistent with my (and your) experience.

-Karen

Offline Karen_A

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 04:55:43 pm »
He went inside me with a camera and told me that if I hadn't told him my history, he would have assumed I'd had a hysterectomy.

How long after SRS was that?

I have not had that done, but some years back I  had a nurse practitoner in a GYN's office (unnecessarily) do a PAP test on me without noticing anything odd. She was surprised when the GYN told her I was TS.

-Karen

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 05:20:15 pm »
She was 3 months Post Op and decided to stop dilation. Later, about a year later she had the canal reopened surgically and some labia work. She was dilating when I last saw her about 5 months ago. So she was not fully healed from surgery.

MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020
Dr. Thomas laser vocal procedure 2/17/2021

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 07:32:36 pm »
Thank you, Karen. That makes sense to me.

Offline warlockmaker

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 06:03:57 am »
I still dilate or have sex 3 to 4 times a week. I started with a depth of 6 inches and this has remained the same. I also assist many Thai tgs in my foundation. From our experience, those that followed a dilation program the fist 18 month tended to maintain the depth when they dilated or had sex 3 to 4 times a week. Other that did not follow a strict dilation program for the first 18 months tended to lose 20 to 50 % depth. A few that stopped dilating completely for their own reason, lost 50 to 80 % of their depth. Depth recovery surgery is very difficult because of skin needed and the solution mostly is sigmoid colon.

More suprising is those that did not have a hrt estrogen program; after a couple of years showed a decreased bone density. Regular doctor visits should be part of our lives. We are susceptable to certain chronic illness problems if we do take estrogen and also if we dont.
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 06:39:55 am »
Thankyou warlockmaker for your excellent post.

All too often we have one persons experience, which is valuable as far as it goes, but your experiences of many girls dilations really sets the definitive answer to this question, "What happens if I don't dilate?"

Thank you very much.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 06:53:21 am »
I still dilate or have sex 3 to 4 times a week. I started with a depth of 6 inches and this has remained the same. I also assist many Thai tgs in my foundation. From our experience, those that followed a dilation program the fist 18 month tended to maintain the depth when they dilated or had sex 3 to 4 times a week. Other that did not follow a strict dilation program for the first 18 months tended to lose 20 to 50 % depth. A few that stopped dilating completely for their own reason, lost 50 to 80 % of their depth. Depth recovery surgery is very difficult because of skin needed and the solution mostly is sigmoid colon.

More suprising is those that did not have a hrt estrogen program; after a couple of years showed a decreased bone density. Regular doctor visits should be part of our lives. We are susceptable to certain chronic illness problems if we do take estrogen and also if we dont.

It was my doctor who declined to prescribe a full HRT dosage because it would take my estrogen levels from low normal for a female my age to potentially problematic. I think it's possible I lost some depth, but every year or so when I insert a dilator, it goes fully into me. It's not that long, perhaps sic inches, as it's the one my doctor prescribed, but it is thicker than a penis.

Offline warlockmaker

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 10:02:49 am »
Very interesting on the dilation information. Would you mind if I asked ypu some questions?

So you dont dilate for a year but can regain depth and circumference within a short time of six inches and you had penile inversion surgery
That you dialted or had sex on average 3 times a week in excess of 10 years
Did you have a depth greater than 6 inches before?

Its not often I am afforded a chance to ask a peson with your experience as a post srs person. Thank you
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 10:40:05 am »
Your answers:

1. Yes. It's a scootch tight at first.

2. Yes, but sometimes three times a night. Yes, I was a hussy.

3. I don't know. I never measured.

Tags: