Author Topic: Experiencing Imposter Syndrome  (Read 81 times)

Offline RobinM.R.

• Neighbor
Experiencing Imposter Syndrome
« on: May 04, 2021, 02:51:44 pm »
Im going on 5 months of HRT and I'm taking my sweet time with cloths, make up, and my voice. I still wear male or gender neutral clothes all the time and my voice is so deep. I've been confused for a girl once but I never spoke in that scenario. 

Sometimes I just don't feel girly enough. I'm doing my best but I look how far others have come (even without hormones) and I wish I was presenting as female like them.. I feel like a fraud. Sorry for my pity party. This was just nagging me into depression.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline Sephirah

Re: Experiencing Imposter Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 03:00:03 pm »
Im going on 5 months of HRT and I'm taking my sweet time with cloths, make up, and my voice. I still wear male or gender neutral clothes all the time and my voice is so deep. I've been confused for a girl once but I never spoke in that scenario. 

Sometimes I just don't feel girly enough. I'm doing my best but I look how far others have come (even without hormones). I feel like a fraud. Sorry for my pity party.

Sweetie, there is no such thing as "girly enough". Everyone is different. Look at all the women in the world and you'll see a vast amount of difference. There is no standard you have to meet. You just have to be you, okay?

The trouble we have as trans folks is that we have this pedestal in our heads that we need to put ourselves on to meet the standard of what we think is okay.

If you are a woman, you're girly enough. It's that simple.

Go ask any woman who is a tomboy, who gets down and dirty with the lads in whatever, if she's girly enough? She'll stare daggers at you.

For trans folks, the standards we try to meet are often the polar opposite of the place we come from. We forget Yin and Yang, the balance. And we want to be full Yang to make up for feeling like we've lived as full Yin for most of our lives.

You don't have to be the very essence of femininity, sweetie. You just have to be you. Forget the "enough" part. That implies a standard you have to meet. You don't.

You are not a fraud. If you're a woman, you're a woman. And that's all there is to it. Convincing the world is one thing, but never feel like you have to convince yourself, okay? You are you. And you are beautiful.

Hold on to that. You don't have to be everyone else's girl. You just have to be your own. That is the key to being happy. :)

Offline RobinM.R.

• Neighbor
Re: Experiencing Imposter Syndrome
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:15:35 pm »
Sweetie, there is no such thing as "girly enough". Everyone is different. Look at all the women in the world and you'll see a vast amount of difference. There is no standard you have to meet. You just have to be you, okay?

The trouble we have as trans folks is that we have this pedestal in our heads that we need to put ourselves on to meet the standard of what we think is okay.

If you are a woman, you're girly enough. It's that simple.

Go ask any woman who is a tomboy, who gets down and dirty with the lads in whatever, if she's girly enough? She'll stare daggers at you.

For trans folks, the standards we try to meet are often the polar opposite of the place we come from. We forget Yin and Yang, the balance. And we want to be full Yang to make up for feeling like we've lived as full Yin for most of our lives.

You don't have to be the very essence of femininity, sweetie. You just have to be you. Forget the "enough" part. That implies a standard you have to meet. You don't.

You are not a fraud. If you're a woman, you're a woman. And that's all there is to it. Convincing the world is one thing, but never feel like you have to convince yourself, okay? You are you. And you are beautiful.

Hold on to that. You don't have to be everyone else's girl. You just have to be your own. That is the key to being happy. :)
Thank you so much

Tags: